Jarren Williams

It's not much of an excuse imo. I don't have the all-22 but when you run hard PA you need to get your head turned and turn the ball loose. How many times did Jarren hesitate and freeze? He's supposed to be a guy who anticipates throws in the middle of field. He didn't show the preparation and composure to execute consistently. The scheme was the same against Louisville and it didn't hold him back.
Exactly. If he knew the route trees like the back of his hand he frequently had guys briefly open but his “oh ****” freeze moment left tons of plays on the field

Advertisement
I went to three open practices and Jarren was the same in each one. He flashed arm talent that niether Martell or Perry had. Problem was in each practice this kid just could not get rid of the ball. I saw Williams take 4 straight sacks in skeleton drills. When he was named starter I was optimistic but scared and my fears were reality.

He has arm talent. He’s generally accurate and has good, not great arm strength. His bigger issue is mental. Even without the off field issues, you could see him struggling in games. I mean the line was bad but at least a third of the sacks surrendered were because he held the ball way too long and couldn’t make decisions fast enough.

I went to three open practices and Jarren was the same in each one. He flashed arm talent that niether Martell or Perry had. Problem was in each practice this kid just could not get rid of the ball. I saw Williams take 4 straight sacks in skeleton drills. When he was named starter I was optimistic but scared and my fears were reality.

Same thing I saw at the Orlando spring game. Just couldn't process fast enough

He has arm talent. He’s generally accurate and has good, not great arm strength. His bigger issue is mental. Even without the off field issues, you could see him struggling in games. I mean the line was bad but at least a third of the sacks surrendered were because he held the ball way too long and couldn’t make decisions fast enough.

Exactly.

Jarren had some arm talent (accurate) although he lacked arm strength. But his biggest weakness was his slow decision making on the field. The guy simply processed information too slowly to ever be effective in any system.

I would not be surprised to learn the kid has a mild mental disability.

Advertisement
Kentucky

FRIED CHICKEN!
1581470430788.jpeg
1581470400838.gif

How much did Enos' scheme play into his slow read progression?
Either you’re a fast processor under duress, or you’re not. Scheme can help to hide slower guys by cutting down on his options and playing that Air Raid style.

That’s why there are so many busts and missed calls at college QB. Guys fall in love with the T-shirt and shorts circuit and shuttles and arm strength and all that. None of that **** will do you a bit of good if you can’t process quickly with 300 pounders bearing down on you and 60k people screaming and everything on the line for a lot of people.

I’ve been saying forever that processing speed is the number one determining factor in college QB success. Glad to see guys like Feldman piggybacking on the drum I’ve been beating for 30 years.

Advertisement
Either you’re a fast processor under duress, or you’re not. Scheme can help to hide slower guys by cutting down on his options and playing that Air Raid style.

That’s why there are so many busts and missed calls at college QB. Guys fall in love with the T-shirt and shorts circuit and shuttles and arm strength and all that. None of that **** will do you a bit of good if you can’t process quickly with 300 pounders bearing down on you and 60k people screaming and everything on the line for a lot of people.

I’ve been saying forever that processing speed is the number one determining factor in college QB success. Glad to see guys like Feldman piggybacking on the drum I’ve been beating for 30 years.

Kosar a prime example

There was a reason he was committed to Kentucky. Other coaches were smart enough to stay away. Only a team so desperate because they **** the bed recruiting a QB. Was willing to give a spot to this dude. This guys offer list was about as real as Phillip Wilder's.

Williams could probably be a good QB, but he needed and still needs to sit behind a vet. The problem there is. That his big time QB coach. Has this dude thinking he is better than what he is and he shouldn't have to wait. Jarren needs to get away from that dude. Get humbled and focus. That guy only cares about building his resume and cashing checks.

LOL, Jarren had offers from Alabama & OSU among others, hardly schools that "$h!t the bed recruiting a QB"...LOL.

And Quincy Avery has Trevor Lawrence & Deshaun Watson as His clients, the guy knows His $h!t.

Advertisement
Everyone knows somebody that will never stop smoking weed. They are psychologically addicted to it.

Everyone also knows someone that refuses to put the fork down or brush their teeth properly. They are not "hard habits to break" these people are just lazy af or like Franchise said. Have no real reason to make a change. Its not a crippling addiction like a real drug.

I know Enos was supposed to be a QB whisperer and changed the mechanics of players. I just wondered if he had gotten in Jarren's head to make sure to check for x, y, and z before throwing and his hungover head couldn't process.

Advertisement
See Josh Gordon. Dude literally cost himself millions of dollars because he can’t stop smoking weed.
Josh Gordon might not be the best example. He seems to have legitimate addiction issues not exclusive to marijuana.

I think it's the number 1 determining factor in NFL QB success, too. I think you can get away with slower processing in college and rely more on athleticism, yet it increasingly matters more each year. Accuracy is my #2.

Advertisement
Back