Jarren Williams

Advertisement
We still talking about this dude.. He's a weed head that **** isn't easy to just stop doing. Yall know some people don't ever stop.

The kid currently has no team, no guidance and probably feels freed from the pressure of football. Id bet he never emerges as a d1 starter again.
Well the real world pressure has hit him now , phone isn't ringing and all this world ask is what do you bring to the table for me well it's just baggage and poor me tears.

He needs to regroup and start listening to people of character , I have no doubt that plenty of counselors provide by Miami have tried to help JW but obviously has chosen his present path and i reaping it rewards now.

Advertisement
Potential NFL physical talent. Zero of the mental fortitude and focus needed to make it in the NFL.

Agreed

But he’d be well served to go to a team with a top pass blocking offensive line for their scheduled opponents.

He caves when his confidence is shaken

What is sad is the kid has NFL talent BUT he has zero head for the game or maturity to make it . I mean he was ACC freshman of the week 3 times ! How many QBs have done that as a freshman in any conference . He threw for 6 td in one game here as well. He showed moments of genius but then sandwiched them inbetween utter **** shows of performances as well.

He gets his head on straight at some point and he will make NFL money , as a back up or 3rd string , but NFL money none the less.

Anyone bashing his talent is letting anger cloud their judgement . Kid was by far the best QB we have had in terms of talent in a long time ( though that was part of the problem the past 15 years ) .

Jarren Williams lost to FIU, LaTech, and Duke all In one season. There isn’t a single thing about his game that justifies this comment.

Advertisement
Each school only gets 25 initial-qualifier spots per year and transfers, even grad transfers, count toward that limit. When you run the numbers it’s obvious many in the portal are going to be left without a chair when the music stops.

This is the part I actually love.. yes you can leave but guess what.. There might not be another school that has room for you. Might want to do your research first before you hit that portal

His decision making is too slow to be a P5 QB. There are plenty of guys with good arms in life but you need to have that fast decision making ability to play QB at a lace like UM.

This. Bruce Feldman just did a writeup on the QB busts of 2013 and this was the biggest commonality. Lots of 4 and 5 * QBs look great in 7on7 and HS when they have protection and everything is on script. CFB is a different ballgame.

The irony is I scouted Jarren in HS and he was poised despite a bad OL. CFB is a different speed and you can't get complacent with your work habits.

Advertisement
Once a player enters the portal he can finish the academic semester that has begun on scholarship. The university however has NO obligation to take him back into the football program .. that is 100% up to the discretion of the head coach. In the case of JW, he entered the PORTAL without even giving Coach Diaz the courtesy of being advised, he simply put his name in the portal and advised some sports media outlet who then publicized the fact. Coach Diaz stated "we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors". He is done with football at UM and will not participate in the Spring practices or any football team related activities.

And that was pointed out as being incorrect - and Manny himself said he spoke with Jarren.

His decision making is too slow to be a P5 QB. There are plenty of guys with good arms in life but you need to have that fast decision making ability to play QB at a lace like UM.

There was a reason he was committed to Kentucky. Other coaches were smart enough to stay away. Only a team so desperate because they **** the bed recruiting a QB. Was willing to give a spot to this dude. This guys offer list was about as real as Phillip Wilder's.

Williams could probably be a good QB, but he needed and still needs to sit behind a vet. The problem there is. That his big time QB coach. Has this dude thinking he is better than what he is and he shouldn't have to wait. Jarren needs to get away from that dude. Get humbled and focus. That guy only cares about building his resume and cashing checks.

Each school only gets 25 initial-qualifier spots per year and transfers, even grad transfers, count toward that limit. When you run the numbers it’s obvious many in the portal are going to be left without a chair when the music stops.

This is the part I actually love.. yes you can leave but guess what.. There might not be another school that has room for you. Might want to do your research first before you hit that portal
And, this is what bothers me. I have no problem whatsoever with a kid transferring. I just hope that they take time to truly think through the decision. Choices have consequences.

Advertisement
This. Bruce Feldman just did a writeup on the QB busts of 2013 and this was the biggest commonality. Lots of 4 and 5 * QBs look great in 7on7 and HS when they have protection and everything is on script. CFB is a different ballgame.

The irony is I scouted Jarren in HS and he was poised despite a bad OL. CFB is a different speed and you can't get complacent with your work habits.
How much did Enos' scheme play into his slow read progression?

I heard the Miami Grey Ghost Optimist team is looking for a backup..🤷‍♂️

WOW OMG South Miami Grey Ghost memories for me , as a kid I played on that team some 55 or so years ago. Played with Wit Beckman , Stedman Scavella , Cokes Watson and so many other studs.
We went undefeated for (3) years straight and played against city all stars from teams each we played whooped AZZZ they never scored LMAO. There's a concrete statues there of a football player in his stance.

The junior Dolphins played in the OB before Dolphin games once a year, great memories WOW.

Advertisement
Back