Jarren Williams

Advertisement
Kid needs to re-evaluate his priorities. He is on SCHOLARSHIP to play QB and get a degree from UM (kinda big deal). Do class work and preform EVERYDAY the best to your ability. All that other stuff can wait until you start getting paid. He has potential but looks more focused on wasting it. Hope I’m wrong

Advertisement
This rule needs to be changed ASAP. You can transfer but don’t put your name out there and then expect to come back to a team you just left

Somewhat agree but they'll also need to revise the rules for yearly limits on incoming players. If everyone hitting the portal was automatically gone it would be a huge hit to the roster limit.

They can come back

Once a player enters the portal he can finish the academic semester that has begun on scholarship. The university however has NO obligation to take him back into the football program .. that is 100% up to the discretion of the head coach. In the case of JW, he entered the PORTAL without even giving Coach Diaz the courtesy of being advised, he simply put his name in the portal and advised some sports media outlet who then publicized the fact. Coach Diaz stated "we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors". He is done with football at UM and will not participate in the Spring practices or any football team related activities.

Advertisement
Once a player enters the portal he can finish the academic semester that has begun on scholarship. The university however has NO obligation to take him back into the football program .. that is 100% up to the discretion of the head coach. In the case of JW, he entered the PORTAL without even giving Coach Diaz the courtesy of being advised, he simply put his name in the portal and advised some sports media outlet who then publicized the fact. Coach Diaz stated "we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors". He is done with football at UM and will not participate in the Spring practices or any football team related activities.

Right but the question was are they just gone or can they come back....they can come back.

The answer wasn't specifically directed at Jarren's situation, just the general question about entering the portal.

Advertisement
Jarren has been my guy since the beginning but he has really let me down with his immaturity. Some guys just leave high school and have the juice in the brain to get to work, tune out the distractions--and people [read: family] who sometimes don't have your best interests in mind--and handle success and adversity maturely; and some don't. He's moved on, I've moved on and it's time we all did as well. Good luck to Mr. Williams.

<changes desktop wallpaper to QB King>

Next guy up!

Advertisement
Right but the question was are they just gone or can they come back....they can come back.

The answer wasn't specifically directed at Jarren's situation, just the general question about entering the portal.
They can come back but it’s up to the coaches whether or not to take them back. They don’t have to take anyone back if they don’t want to

What is sad is the kid has NFL talent BUT he has zero head for the game or maturity to make it . I mean he was ACC freshman of the week 3 times ! How many QBs have done that as a freshman in any conference . He threw for 6 td in one game here as well. He showed moments of genius but then sandwiched them inbetween utter **** shows of performances as well.

He gets his head on straight at some point and he will make NFL money , as a back up or 3rd string , but NFL money none the less.

Anyone bashing his talent is letting anger cloud their judgement . Kid was by far the best QB we have had in terms of talent in a long time ( though that was part of the problem the past 15 years ) .

I suspect he goes the very small school route to proven himself and then lands back at a bigger school for 1 year and lights it up. Something like Valdosta St and then a grad year at Georgia Tech or whatnot.

Advertisement
Back