Jarren Williams

Please don't take this the wrong way Dee. As a Canes fan I appreciate you and the other Alumni who would have reached out to Jarren to help convince him to stay. But, do you honestly believe staying here is best for him?

It pains me to say it as a Canes fan. But there are so many red flags. Richts terrible and outdated system, Jon Richt not being qualified as a QB coach, No history of a fair/real QB competition to start, and just the overall dysfunctional/embarrassment the QB room has had... and those are just the issues with QB's.

I try and look at these issues without my HEAVY Miami Bias and I just can't see how this situation gets better.
No worries brother. I understand exactly where you are coming from and him and I had that exact conversation. But at the end of the day the way we ALL feel is hes by far the best qb on roster. If richt has another year like that and doesn't let jarren start it's about 90% it wont be jarren that's headed somewhere else. Now it's simply down to reminding him worst case he sits one more year while we squander away more talent than he starts for either a new oc or a new head the year after... just being transparent with yall. Not alot of confidence in richt even being honest with people at this point.

Advertisement
Our QB play was bad all of last year though.

The year before we won games with below average play at QB.

Yes please Get off the computer your mom needs it back.
You sound like an emotional disarranged nut job, first the football takes were horrible and now I’m supposed to also be @Cuban-Cane on here too and live at home with my mom? Man stfu with the dumbsh*t lol....:jordan:

Ok, please show me one QB Rorcht has developed since Murray and he flopped in the NFL. The point is that that and offense as a whole is supposed to be his strength, as well as recruiting. All of them are absolutely horrendous, honestly what is he here for?

That has nothing to do with your claim that Richt somehow turned Kaaya from a first rounder to a disaster.

That has nothing to do with your claim that Richt somehow turned Kaaya from a first rounder to a disaster.
Ok bud, maybe you should read what I wrote earlier. What do you think happens with the Outlook on Kaaya if Rorcht used the scheme that allowed him to get the stats Brock is posting after a 4 game losing streak? What kind of season and projection would he have been or stayed?

Get off your soap box, 2018 qb play was an anomaly compared to the last 5 seasons or so nothing more and nothing less... All time low when we have posters wishing one of our best young players not to be here...

2013 Stephen Morris 58% 3028 21 tds 12 ints
9-4

2014 Brad kaaya 58.5% 3198 26 tds 12 ints
6-7

2015 Brad Kaaya 61.2% 3238 16 tds 5 Ints
8-5

2016 Brad kaaya 62.0% 3532 27 tds 7 ints
9-4

2017 malik rosier 54.0% 3120 26 tds 14 ints
10-3 468 rushing yards 5 tds

2018 rosier/Perry combined 51.9% 2127 yards 19 tds 10 ints. 368 rushing yards 7 tds
7-5 regular season(could improve pending bowl outcome).
Brock I'm sorry brother but hes 100% accurate in what he stated. #1 last year wasn't the anomaly people may see it as. With the decision making we have that relates to the position as well as the evaluations and play calling the qb position is only going to get worse here UNLESS WE RECOGNIZE THE BIGGER ISSUE which is we dont have a system or playcalling in place that allows us to utilize the tremendous offensive weapons on hand. To be clear by saying play calling more accurately I mean motion,pre snap reads,spacing etc... the plays we actually have can work so long as we get more creative with EVERYTHING else we do and put a qb in the pocket who is physically and mentally capable of running the show. Anyone who still thinks that's nkosi or anyone similar to him simply is in denial. He has all of the tools but none of the mental capacity to excel at the position.

Advertisement
No worries brother. I understand exactly where you are coming from and him and I had that exact conversation. But at the end of the day the way we ALL feel is hes by far the best qb on roster. If richt has another year like that and doesn't let jarren start it's about 90% it wont be jarren that's headed somewhere else. Now it's simply down to reminding him worst case he sits one more year while we squander away more talent than he starts for either a new oc or a new head the year after... just being transparent with yall. Not alot of confidence in richt even being honest with people at this point.

You have absolutely zero grounds to say Jarren is by far the best QB on the roster. You’re stirring the pot.

You sound like an emotional disarranged nut job, first the football takes were horrible and now I’m supposed to also be @Cuban-Cane on here too and live at home with my mom? Man stfu with the dumbsh*t lol....:jordan:

Im not getting emotional at all. I asked dee for an opinion and you came in. I was willing to debate with you but every post you decided to throw a little jab in questioning my intelligence.

I've graduated from two universities and successfully built and sold my own business at the age of 30... I'm willing to bet you still live at home and judging by the amount you post on here that you have accomplished very little so far in life. You do know a lot of stats about College football though.. I'm jealous.

I normally wouldn't care to insult someone but when you poke and poke...

Brock I'm sorry brother but hes 100% accurate in what he stated. #1 last year wasn't the anomaly people may see it as. With the decision making we have that relates to the position as well as the evaluations and play calling the qb position is only going to get worse here UNLESS WE RECOGNIZE THE BIGGER ISSUE which is we dont have a system or playcalling in place that allows us to utilize the tremendous offensive weapons on hand. To be clear by saying play calling more accurately I mean motion,pre snap reads,spacing etc... the plays we actually have can work so long as we get more creative with EVERYTHING else we do and put a qb in the pocket who is physically and mentally capable of running the show. Anyone who still thinks that's nkosi or anyone similar to him simply is in denial. He has all of the tools but none of the mental capacity to excel at the position.
I know What the issue is too but I’m not going to act like we have had bad qb production at the position like we experienced in 2018 where a qb that is as good as Jarren is can’t fix imo. This isn’t mutually exclusive , yes the qb play was an anomaly as it’s never been THAT bad before or in recent years AND richt sucks an oc period. I’ve complained against his offensive schemes all year and trying to out talent teams and not outscheme them by getting our playmakers in positions to make plays. Richt needs to make changes or gtfoh period. This offensive “scheme” sucks ***.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok bud, maybe you should read what I wrote earlier. What do you think happens with the Outlook on Kaaya if Rorcht used the scheme that allowed him to get the stats Brock is posting after a 4 game losing streak? What kind of season and projection would he have been or stayed?

Dude, how do you not get it? The "scheme" doesnt mean **** as far as Kaaya being the first round talent you said he was that plummeted to 7th rounder and out of the league 24 months later BECAUSE of Richt.

If he was ever a first round NFL talent he could have run the triple option here and an NFL team would have him on their roster right now. He's out of the league right now because he's not good enough, not because Richt didn't call good plays for him.

That's very interesting. Thank you for the insight. I can better understand now why Jarren would considering staying.

I'm hopeful Jarren is given the opportunity to play and that the motion,pre snap reads,spacing etc you mentioned in another post can revitalize Richts scheme. I'm not convinced but it's probably the best we can hope for at this time.

Regardless I Appreciate you sharing you opinion 🙌

I don't care about stats and numbers. Coley had Kaaya performing and rated as a 1st round pick. One season with Rorcht and.....

Why hasn't Kaaya developed under NFL coaching? Is he even still in the league?

You guys love pointing out stats, our qb play has been subpar since Stephen Morris and he was alright you guys are not accounting for the cupcake games where we smash teams.

This was my argument against rosier in spring but all I got was derp derp 10-2 derp derp broke td recrod.
Amen... ignorance is bliss unfortunately. People just aren't ready to accept truth

Advertisement
Dude, how do you not get it? The "scheme" doesnt mean **** as far as Kaaya being the first round talent you said he was that plummeted to 7th rounder and out of the league 24 months later BECAUSE of Richt.

If he was ever a first round NFL talent he could have run the triple option here and an NFL team would have him on their roster right now. He's out of the league right now because he's not good enough, not because Richt didn't call good plays for him.
How do you not get it? I'm not talking about Kaaya in the NFL, I'm talking about Kaaya at Miami. He was good and Rorcht used a scheme contrary to his strengths. A real QB guru makes lesser talent look better, Rorcht took a good collegiate talent and made it worse for half a season before understanding he had to change it up. This is all about the indictment of Rorcht

He’s hurt right now and recovering. I think Kaaya is talented enough to be a backup in the league but the game has gone away from statue like qbs especially in the first round. You never see it happen now adays

Advertisement
You have absolutely zero grounds to say Jarren is by far the best QB on the roster. You’re stirring the pot.
What would establish me as having grounds then? I'm speaking on tools,mechanics & mental capacity... I know each and every one of these kids very well. It's not even a question of which one is best for the bigger picture of this team. To be honest if richt insists on running things exactly the way they are than cade is by far the most adept answer to do that. Dont tell me about stirring a pot just cause you have ur assumptions. You accept this truth or not. Your choice but stirring the pot is foolish.

Advertisement
Back