Jarren Williams

You are 100% correct. If you don't maintain your virginity throughout college you will never be successfull. All of the great Canes stayed away from women and never did any partying.

Where did I say that? Oh that's right, I didn't. I know that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, so I'm going to dumb this down a bit. I specifically said that he may just want to party after the job is done. Frankly, I don't give a rat's behind about what a teenager does, as long as he's doing his job both on and off the field.

Advertisement
Where did I say that? Oh that's right, I didn't. I know that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, so I'm going to dumb this down a bit. I specifically said that he may just want to party after the job is done. Frankly, I don't give a rat's behind about what a teenager does, as long as he's doing his job both on and off the field.

I was agreeing with you. The kid should remain a virgin until the job is done. No Cane legend has ever partied prior to retiring from the NFL when the job was done.

Jake Heaps says hello. 5th year senior means nothing when you simply aren't very talented.

LOL...we went 6-7, including dropping our last 4 games in 14'...we could've gotten the same results with Heaps while red-shirting Kaaya.

LOL...name one game from 2014 where Kaaya "talented" us to a win?

Advertisement
Look at it this way. One guy has a 50-50 chance of having success each time he drops back to throw. The other guy has a much lower chance for success, because he didn't spot the single coverage mismatch and check out of a bad run call. Now every time the 50% guy misses a throw, you see it and it looks bad. But what you don't see is how often the 60% guy was actually gave his team a 0% chance to succeed because he didn't make the right checks and get them into the right play.

Exactly...some folks have us confused with Baylor...what part of "Richt doesn't run a plug & play offense" don't they understand?

LOL...we went 6-7, including dropping our last 4 games in 14'...we could've gotten the same results with Heaps while red-shirting Kaaya.

LOL...name one game from 2014 where Kaaya "talented" us to a win?
I can name you 6 more that Heaps could have lost us.

I can name you 6 more that Heaps could have lost us.

No, you can’t.

You’d look at Heaps’ high school film and tell us all about how he’ll be the next great QB because of his anticipation and touch on his passes. All the stuff that had him so highly ranked coming out of high school.

Similar to the garbage you spewed about the guy last spring who couldn’t beat out the guy you hope never plays another meaningful snap for this program.

No, you can’t.

You’d look at Heaps’ high school film and tell us all about how he’ll be the next great QB because of his anticipation and touch on his passes. All the stuff that had him so highly ranked coming out of high school.

Similar to the garbage you spewed about the guy last spring who couldn’t beat out the guy you hope never plays another meaningful snap for this program.
Let me guess, you're still butthurt over me having Shirreffs ahead of Perry. Seems to me I had that right, did I not? I can point to **** near 100 posters that had Perry as the best QB on the roster the day he arrived, because of his high school film. Now, get lost with this, "You suck because you liked Shirreffs" BS. I pointed out things that I noticed, that obviously the coaches noticed as well.

Advertisement
Excuses? It's a legitimately tough position to be in as a coach. Starting Malik vs LSU is the "safe" play; Richt has been around a long time & has never been known as a "riverboat gambler". I happen to feel that starting Jarren off the bat is one shot he should take, regardless of how hesitant I am to think he will.

You're assuming that a QB who correctly checks into a few passes that have a 50% chance of being completed with no chance of YAC (he doesn't hit receivers in stride) gives us a better chance to score points than say, an accurate passer who might not make the presnap adjustment but connects at a much higher clip & hits receivers in stride. This is highly subjective. There are quite a few plays I can point to, but the simplest example is in the Clemson game, where we scored 3 points. A single accurate deep pass - JT was wide open for a long TD early on when Malik threw a duck - would have netted us more points for the entire game. That is the impact big plays can have. ****, if that pass was completed, it might have given the team the momentum to put up a better fight...but seeing that from your QB had to be disheartening.

What makes starting Rosier the “safe” play? See? This is what I meant when I said you’re already working on a built in excuse. You’ve already decided that Williams should be the guy even though he’s never faced a live defense in college. ****, most of his reps have come without even a defensive line on the field or an offensive line to have to throw over. The old Mike Tyson line comes to mind—“Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the face.” Well, every QB is 60% accurate—even Rosier— when you don’t have to worry about Trevor Darling missing his assignment and letting a 300lb DT come through untouched.

You’ve already decided that if Williams isn’t the starter, the problem lies with the coach and not the player. Richt is playing it safe by starting an 11-3 5th year Senior who also happens to me the Miami single season record holder for yards and Touchdowns. Jarron Williams is clearly better, and Richt should gamble away a few games to get the future some experience.

Avery asked him about leadership and how he has or hasn't exhibited it as a QB at the U:
Jarren said he felt that as an EE, he felt it was important to first go in and work hard and show the upperclassmen that he meant business and wanted to be there He feels that by working hard in the weight room and on the field that he will earn their respect so they will trust him to lead on the field. He said he feels very confident when he is on the field and said his main goal right now is to learn and absorb as much as he can. He believes very much that he has the ability and will have the knowledge this summer to make real contributions to the team.

giphy.gif

I’m not surprised by what he’s said and his attitude.

You would expect any QB to have the same attitude if he was planning to be successful.

There is no telling what happens this summer and the fall, but I am feeling better about the QB position.

Last year, we had practically no one to turn to if the starter faltered. This year, I think we’ll see an improved N’Kosi, based on a year learning the system, and Williams who may or may not surpass him.

In any event, the QB position is in way better shape than it was last year. At least we have viable backup options, even Weldon.

Can’t wait for the competition start August 1.

The competition never stopped. This is what JW appears to understand and MR and NP don't.

It's not difficult.

Richt gets paid to make decisions so he should be able to pick the best QB for the job. He's done nothing so far to make me think he's wishy washy or spineless, so I'll just assume whoever we see is the guy who's looked the best in practice.

The only problem is that people on here can't stand not knowing so they have to make up elaborate stories about what they think will happen.

EDIT: After reading some of the other stuff you've said, I can't believe how egotistical you are. What exactly make you think you know the man's motivations? Why are you qualified to say if playing Rosier is for "safety" or because he's legit the best we have right now? Do you watch all of every practice? Do you have access to film of the practices you've just run so you can confirm what you think you see on the field?

Bottom line, you don't have anything on which to base your pronouncements about what will happen and why.
Safe play is in reference to going with experience over a true freshman. No I don't get to watch the practices. It's speculation - good thing this is a message board. Here's some more speculation: there's no way Malik is the best we've got.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jarren will be the guy at some point this year and I’m excited. I also believe he can do it since we all watched kaaya play then and I think Jarren is more a polished qb as a freshmen than brad. Lastly the fact he’s here already will prove too much I think to Mark Richt to bench him

What makes starting Rosier the “safe” play? See? This is what I meant when I said you’re already working on a built in excuse. You’ve already decided that Williams should be the guy even though he’s never faced a live defense in college. ****, most of his reps have come without even a defensive line on the field or an offensive line to have to throw over. The old Mike Tyson line comes to mind—“Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the face.” Well, every QB is 60% accurate—even Rosier— when you don’t have to worry about Trevor Darling missing his assignment and letting a 300lb DT come through untouched.

You’ve already decided that if Williams isn’t the starter, the problem lies with the coach and not the player. Richt is playing it safe by starting an 11-3 5th year Senior who also happens to me the Miami single season record holder for yards and Touchdowns. Jarron Williams is clearly better, and Richt should gamble away a few games to get the future some experience.
You talk about built-in excuses but you blame Malik's inaccuracies on the OL. He had a better line than the one Kayaa completed 62% of his passes with the year before. Hypocrisy at its finest. I also never said anything close to the coach being the problem, I said that what the team accomplished last year despite Malik's overall play could be.

You are right about one thing. I don't know anything about your football background or knowledge (assuming you have either), but I'm highly confident in what I've seen & heard from Jarren & fully expect him to be the guy at some point this season. We'll see how well these posts age.

Advertisement
You talk about built-in excuses but you blame Malik's inaccuracies on the OL. He had a better line than the one Kayaa completed 62% of his passes with the year before. Hypocrisy at its finest. I also never said anything close to the coach being the problem, I said that what the team accomplished last year despite Malik's overall play could be.

You are right about one thing. I don't know anything about your football background or knowledge (assuming you have either), but I'm highly confident in what I've seen & heard from Jarren & fully expect him to be the guy at some point this season. We'll see how well these posts age.
You're retarded. Kayaa stood behind the offensive line that paved the way for Miami's all time rushing leader. Say what you want about Golden being an idiot of Mark oNofrio being a piece of crap, but the o-line and run game is why we won 7 games instead of 3 with that group.

Kaaya lost us multiple winnable games every year he started.... he’s the worst “60%” completion percentage QB in the history of football. Malik proved to be the better QB in only 1 year.

Jarren will be the guy at some point this year and I’m excited. I also believe he can do it since we all watched kaaya play then and I think Jarren is more a polished qb as a freshmen than brad. Lastly the fact he’s here already will prove too much I think to Mark Richt to bench him

I hope you are right

You're retarded. Kayaa stood behind the offensive line that paved the way for Miami's all time rushing leader. Say what you want about Golden being an idiot of Mark oNofrio being a piece of crap, but the o-line and run game is why we won 7 games instead of 3 with that group.
In psychology, they call that projection. The line lost Isidora but added Gauthier over Linder at C as well as Navaughn. The rest remained the same & gained experience. *** off.

Kaaya lost us multiple winnable games every year he started.... he’s the worst “60%” completion percentage QB in the history of football. Malik proved to be the better QB in only 1 year.
Agreed. The reference was to his completion percentage only, nothing else

Advertisement
Back