Jarren Williams showed us why he won the starting QB position

True, but fumbling for a QB scrambling is not the same as a RB. It doesn't get into the QB's head the way a INT does. He is pocket passer not a running QB. Granted he needs to practice better ball integrity but his running for his life is not designed plays, Hey, those 10 sacks might have ruined this kid, like it does many young QBs. I hope not because I he looked like a Miami QB in so many ways. Clearly we need to find someone to play at TE who can block some because OL looks suspect. I do admit that taking the 10 sacks into the completion percentage makes a good point but doen't really mean his is not very accurate -- once ball leaves his hand on purpose.

I agree. Quite a few times the WR, TE and RB who were supposed to help block either couldn't hold their blocks or didn't do it at all. That needs to be cleaned up.

It's easy for us to look at all these pictures and make judgements on throws not made etc. But we aren't standing on that field having to make the call in literally a split second. Yes, there are a few times he had the time to throw but didn't. But for a first time QB playing in a game like that, I was happy he didn't take the chance and chuck the ball for a potential pick 6.

Advertisement
He went 19 for 30. If he throws it away 10 times instead of taking a sack, it's 19 for 40. That a 47% completion percentage, roughly the same as Rosier and Perry.
Or find a few more receivers % could have been higher....guys were open.

I agree. Quite a few times the WR, TE and RB who were supposed to help block either couldn't hold their blocks or didn't do it at all. That needs to be cleaned up.

It's easy for us to look at all these pictures and make judgements on throws not made etc. But we aren't standing on that field having to make the call in literally a split second. Yes, there are a few times he had the time to throw but didn't. But for a first time QB playing in a game like that, I was happy he didn't take the chance and chuck the ball for a potential pick 6.
Amen. five or six of those sacks could have been ITNs. Just hope they don't get into his head -- that is crucial test for him and coaching staff.

Yep, until the 4th quarter when he fumbled at least twice foolishly attempting to extend broken plays. The point is you can't have it both ways, it's either (1) high completion percentage and too many sacks, or (2) better decisions and low completion percentage. I'm not ragging on the guy, just staying real.
he fumbled not because he tried to extend plays, but because when he was trying to extend plays he FAILED to keep both hands on the ball. extending plays is the right decision.

JW got the starting job because he was better in practice than the 2 guys he was competing with. It doesn't mean he's that good. So far he gets a grade of "Incomplete."

Advertisement
Jarren also cost this team by being unable to throw the ball away. His completion numbers don't mean diddly squat, if 1)He padded them by swapping completions for sacks and 2) He waits too long to deliver the football. There were at least two opportunities in which Miami could have had walk in scores had Williams thrown the ball with anticipation, instead of waiting until the receiver was wide open. I said it leaving the stadium, and I'll say it again: There's some things to like about Williams, but I didn't see anything particularly special Saturday night. I saw a mediocre quarterback that didn't have control of his huddle and of the offense. Maybe he grows into it, but I expected better from a guy that has been in college for well over a year. This isn't a true freshman that has been on campus for the last six weeks(IE Kaaya), this is a guy who has been around the program for a year and some change.
And NFL qb’s do this too. My God, nitpick a little. We get he wasn’t perfect, but way to call out every last thing. And btw, we all saw the game, you aren’t breaking any ground here.

Advertisement
Back