JARREN WILLIAMS IS THE STARTER

If I am Martell I am transferring out not because he didn’t get the nod to be the starter but because he wasn’t told everything before he chose to come here. He was shown special packages tailored to him etc. while being recruited but wasn’t told they were going to totally *** with his mechanics and finger placement as well. I guarantee if he had been given that info to begin with he would not have chosen us and I expect to see his name in the portal very soon along with Perry.
There’s always going to be one, and you guys will fuel his insatiable need for attention and male reproductive fluid by engaging him.

Advertisement
If I am Martell I am transferring out not because he didn’t get the nod to be the starter but because he wasn’t told everything before he chose to come here. He was shown special packages tailored to him etc. while being recruited but wasn’t told they were going to totally *** with his mechanics and finger placement as well. I guarantee if he had been given that info to begin with he would not have chosen us and I expect to see his name in the portal very soon along with Perry.

Lol If I am Martell I would transfer too bc Im not good enough

Absurd the nonsense about Tate being promises anything except a chance to compete. Manny has said from the start everyone starts out equal .
Across the line up the starters have earned it. Anyone who says otherwise I call BS..

Nice job by Williams to win the job.

If he gets it done this year, that won't hurt with gaining more interest from GA QBs in the future. The state seems to be putting out a lot of quality ones in recent years.

And hopefully we'll finally get up by a nice margin on teams early so that our other QBs can actually get quality game experience, too.

Haven't been able to do that since.....? Not even sure.

Is it just me, or do the states that don’t require high school head coaches to be school board employees churn out better developed qbs?

Advertisement
386A7F84-0259-43F5-AAF1-6672E18C821D.jpeg

If Martell is smart he'll continue to compete, work to earn snaps as an offensive weapon, and graduate as soon as possible so he can grad transfer somewhere he can start right away (assuming he's still a backup at Miami).

Transferring again after this year just means changing schools, sitting out a year completely and then maybe starting as a redshirt Senior - which he could do as a grad transfer anyway.
Actually, if he’s really smart he’ll realize he has no future past college at QB and ask to start getting some slot reps. He looks like he’d be a nice punt returner too if he can catch the ball.

Work his *** off at QB because no one has a clue how Jarren will react when the band is playing. But if Jarren puts a stranglehold on the QB gig it’s as good of a time as any for Tate to start preparing for his future. And his future 3 years from now isn’t at QB.

Advertisement
For porsters talking that either Tate or Kosi should transfer, what happens is Jarren craps the bed? What happens if he gets injured? Hope that neither happen, but its not beyond the realm of possibility. I don't think Manny and Enos will have a quick hook (as that defeats purpose of making him QB1), but there is no reason Tate or Kosi should pack up their toys and go home quite yet either.

While kids today expect to play right away and the new rules make it easier than ever for them to cut and run, if this one decision makes you want to leave, then that's taking short-sighted to a whole new level.

Now its time for these boys to act like a TEAM. That is what will bring us back. A team effort, not a bunch of individuals or cliques or position groups. Only as strong as the weakest link....

Actually, if he’s really smart he’ll realize he has no future past college at QB and ask to start getting some slot reps. He looks like he’d be a nice punt returner too if he can catch the ball.

Work his *** off at QB because no one has a clue how Jarren will react when the band is playing. But if Jarren puts a stranglehold on the QB gig it’s as good of a time as any for Tate to start preparing for his future. And his future 3 years from now isn’t at QB.

I did say that he should be trying to get work as an offensive weapon. If he has an NFL future I very much doubt it's at QB but he should still fulfill his dream of being a full-time starting QB before his eligibility runs out. I know that he has an elite short shuttle time and if his 3-cone is also elite that puts him in Edelman territory as a Pats target.

If he's dead-set on being a QB the CFL will be an option. Dudes were ragging on Jeremiah Masoli here and he's had a long career in Canada.

I’ll be honest. I thought Tate was brought in cause kosi and Jarren were either overrated or not disciplined. Despite being garbage time Tate had some good highlights at osu.
However, we kept hearing over and over and over again last year by even cmr himself about how accurate and how good of an arm Jarren had. We even had some cryptic tweets from the players hyping up jdub up. Remember that one tweet where everyone said “he’s just a different breed”.
So I literally went back and looked at his senior film. I know, I know it’s highlights for a reason. But **** man. The receivers don’t have to adjust for a mfing thing.
Let’s Ride!!

Advertisement
I did say that he should be trying to get work as an offensive weapon. If he has an NFL future I very much doubt it's at QB but he should still fulfill his dream of being a full-time starting QB before his eligibility runs out. I know that he has an elite short shuttle time and if his 3-cone is also elite that puts him in Edelman territory as a Pats target.

If he's dead-set on being a QB the CFL will be an option. Dudes were ragging on Jeremiah Masoli here and he's had a long career in Canada.

Aren't the hashes further out in the CFL? I thought you really needed arm strength in that league.

Aren't the hashes further out in the CFL? I thought you really needed arm strength in that league.

The wider field just means more space to spread out the defense. You don't see a lot of sideline throws except for the fade routes where it's more about touch than arm strength. Also the endzone is massive so you don't have to drive the ball into traffic for TDs. The typical CFL QB archetype is a short mobile QB lacking an NFL arm. Those guys usually execute West Coast concepts well and they benefit from the full yard that defenses have to give up off the line of scrimmage, giving them cleaner pockets and fewer hits. The conventional big arm guys aren't as effective because with 3-down football it's more about being accurate and precise to move the chains. Run game and play action are less of a factor.

Advertisement
The thing is that Tate can still perform wonderfully as a misdirection tool. Put him in the backfield on a play and now the defense has to wonder how he plays into the plans. How would you line up against that?
Or in certain goal line situations a la wildcat, or even flanked out at WR for a bit of trickeration. Who knows, the possibilities are numerous and exciting.

Advertisement
Back