Jarren Williams and the continued mismanagement of the QB position

Poptimus

Senior
We all rightfully thought that once Jarren's redshirt wouldn't have to be burned that he'd get some burn in a game. Then came a questionable suspension. But yesterday? What was the reason for not putting him in the game? Yes, we had a lot of drops by the WRs, but there were a ton of overthrown passes and staring down of the first option by N'Kosi to warrant putting Jarren in. N'Kosi finished 6/24 passing for 52 yards, a 2.2 YPA and paltry 13.2 QB rating. That is unacceptable, I don't want to hear excuses for that stat line.

I just don't get why Richt won't play Jarren. If his concern is that he doesn't know his 5-play playbook, my reply is "would it really have been worse than 6/24 passing for 52 yards?" And, if so, we ought to know so that we know what we have going into next year.

Advertisement
At the very least should have played him during garbage time late in the 4th.
If you've paid attention to any of the games we're up by 2+ scores in the 4th this year, CMR's M.O. is to let the play clock run down on every down, run conservatively and bleed the clock. He starts doing it early in the 4th too. He has no killer instinct, its all survival. Even if he put JW or Weldon in, all they'd be doing is watching the play clock and handing off.

I thought we were going to see JW when we had the ball with 8:43 left, up 24-3.

I'm willing to bet the he gets PT in our bowl game.
Don't expect me to bet alot though.

Advertisement
So you've learned nothing from Perry?

Richt has many, many faults, but aren't you starting to see why he hesitated to put Perry in? The kid has the tools, but he hasn't put it together yet and Richt was seeing that in practice. But no, CIS knew better. CIS knew that Perry was perfect and stupid Richt was just too dumb to put him in. Then he got in an had some flaws and guess what? CIS couldn't handle it, Perry was now the worst.

So just maybe there's a reason Williams isn't playing. Maybe he's not automatically ready to go just because fans can't bring themselves to believe we don't have any good QB options right now.

Richt isn't a QB guru and isn't a competent offensive coach like people seem to believe. He couldn't properly manage a 7-11 right now. There is really no excuse for Jarren only playing in one game this season. The only thing I can think of is Richt is protecting himself and his son from everyone seeing that the QBs are not being properly developed under their tutelage.

Advertisement
If you've paid attention to any of the games we're up by 2+ scores in the 4th this year, CMR's M.O. is to let the play clock run down on every down, run conservatively and bleed the clock. He starts doing it early in the 4th too. He has no killer instinct, its all survival. Even if he put JW or Weldon in, all they'd be doing is watching the play clock and handing off.

If JW was in yes, keep it going.
Which is what I wanted.

He left Perry in so it really would not have accomplished anything. He wasn't hitting the side of a barn and we were gashing them in the running game.
We had a TD when he did throw into the endzone on the 4th and 1 that Langham dropped.

Now if we were vying for a playoff spot, absolutely yes...
give them the OSU v Mich or Bama v Auburn treatment.

Richt has many, many faults, but aren't you starting to see why he hesitated to put Perry in? The kid has the tools, but he hasn't put it together yet and Richt was seeing that in practice. But no, CIS knew better. CIS knew that Perry was perfect and stupid Richt was just too dumb to put him in. Then he got in an had some flaws and guess what? CIS couldn't handle it, Perry was now the worst.

So just maybe there's a reason Williams isn't playing. Maybe he's not automatically ready to go just because fans can't bring themselves to believe we don't have any good QB options right now.
#AnyonebutRosier period. Jarren might not look good in practice but could have come on in a game, no way to know without at LEAST giving him SOME PT. But Rorcht...........

Should have put him in late when the game was decided. That was a mismanaged for sure. I can't however say that putting him in prior to that would have made a difference because the WR's were catching nothing. I mean how many drops were there? At least 7 not including the seam route that Cager never looked back for. Perry wasn't fantastic, but he didn't play as poorly as his stat line indicates.

I've learned a lot from Perry. I'm now as skeptical as ever that he can be the guy. I just haven't figured Richt out: he gives Malik a long leash, then Perry a short leash, now Perry gets a full-game long leash. It's schizophrenic coaching.

As for "just maybe there's a reason Williams isn't playing", Perry went 6/24 for 52 yards. Again, I find it very hard to believe Jarren would do much worse than that even if he tried.

Advertisement
Why would u pull a young QB when he’s shown in practice he’s better than the ones behind him?? On one end y’all bxtch about getting NKosi reps the next y’all want Jarren (who is even behind Cade Weldon) to get reps in a real game as well. Winning isn’t important let’s just make up **** lol

ppl like OP and those that agree really believe they’re asking smart questions that ppl that coach could never think about.. in reality you only prove that you have a negative zero clue on the subject you’re trying to have a “smart” discussion about and need to stick to drawing in coloring books.

Advertisement
I thought we were going to see JW when we had the ball with 8:43 left, up 24-3.

I'm willing to bet the he gets PT in our bowl game.
Don't expect me to bet alot though.

I have NO expectation we will see him in the bowl game. Everything CMR has said n the past two weeks during his press conferences gives me no reason to think he will play him. Is he going to pull Kosi to play Jarren? Doubtful. Especially after he pulled him for Malik and supposedly that messed up Perry's psyche. If he does would he let him do more than hand off? Jarren got roughly 9-10 snaps back in Savannah State and that was it. He handed off a couple of times, kept the ball once and ran and hit Ezzard with a beautiful pass.

I don't think CMR doesn't play him because he doesn't want people to see he hasn't progressed. I think it's just the OPPOSITE problem. Too many people have said JW is the more complete QB. I don't think CMR wants to risk showing that with no incoming QB as a backup if the other two take off. Like Perry and Weldon I think he was a little immature and that didn't help. Maybe out of frustration, IDK. CMR was pretty clear about his feelings on his QB room holding high standards. Wouldn't surprise me if keeping him on the sidelines is CMR making a point to him as well about this stuff.

IDC who plays QB as long as they get it together. I am NOT convinced Perry will ever be there. Too much missing in the mental part of the game right now and that is NOT about the Oline.

Why would u pull a young QB when he’s shown in practice he’s better than the ones behind him?? On one end y’all bxtch about getting NKosi reps the next y’all want Jarren (who is even behind Cade Weldon) to get reps in a real game as well. Winning isn’t important let’s just make up **** lol

ppl like OP and those that agree really believe they’re asking smart questions that ppl that coach could never think about.. in reality you only prove that you have a negative zero clue on the subject you’re trying to have a “smart” discussion about.
Ummm, to get him experience if Kosi either gets hurt or doesn't pan out

ppl like OP and those that agree really believe they’re asking smart questions that ppl that coach could never think about.. in reality you only prove that you have a negative zero clue on the subject you’re trying to have a “smart” discussion about.

I was told by other posters that you said Rosier would be a Heisman candidate before the season started, have I been lied to?

Yes Perry was better than the stats showed, but at best 50% passing yesterday. 5th year Sr., two 2nd year freshman and a true freshman. Not one appears to be fundamentally sound, and/or have a grasp of the playbook. Shameful.

Advertisement
Back