Jaquan Johnson... update..

Advertisement
really hope this kid doesn't become a victim of an incompetent coaching staff

Advertisement

Ed Reed won a National Championship with Larry ****er as head coach... Great players will make a bigger impact than good coaches. Sometime times we give the coaches a little too much credit for wins and losses.

Ed Reed won a National Championship with Larry ****er as head coach... Great players will make a bigger impact than good coaches. Sometime times we give the coaches a little too much credit for wins and losses.

Yeah Larry ****er was **** but not even a coach that bad could destroy in one year what Butch had built

Yeah Larry ****er was **** but not even a coach that bad could destroy in one year what Butch had built

I'm just saying we didn't win because of ****er, so if players like Kaya and JJ turn out to be great, then we should be good regardless of coaching. Our in game adjustments sucked this year but very few players stepped up when the game was on the line this year. We did not win a single close game and lost almost every game in the 4th quarter this year. You can blame that on coaching and preparation but it also has something to do with the players.

I'm just saying we didn't win because of ****er, so if players like Kaya and JJ turn out to be great, then we should be good regardless of coaching. Our in game adjustments sucked this year but very few players stepped up when the game was on the line this year. We did not win a single close game and lost almost every game in the 4th quarter this year. You can blame that on coaching and preparation but it also has something to do with the players.
Well said Warrior. Leadership has been missing from some years now. But I think it's something to do with Golden. Everything is so systematic with him it may not allow players to grow into vocal leaders like they should. Hopefully I'm wrong.when the game was on the line. You didn't see Duke, DP,Clive. No one rally and get in people faces like jamies Winston does.

Advertisement

Well said Warrior. Leadership has been missing from some years now. But I think it's something to do with Golden. Everything is so systematic with him it may not allow players to grow into vocal leaders like they should. Hopefully I'm wrong.when the game was on the line. You didn't see Duke, DP,Clive. No one rally and get in people faces like jamies Winston does.

Yeah, not sure what it is. Duke, Chick and DP were leaders but the someone on the team always seemed to let them down. I saw Duke and DP get emotional a bunch of times and even make plays but someone always makes a stupid mistake or penalty to end the momentum.

Yeah, not sure what it is. Duke, Chick and DP were leaders but the someone on the team always seemed to let them down. I saw Duke and DP get emotional a bunch of times and even make plays but someone always makes a stupid mistake or penalty to end the momentum.

Agree my fear is that Golden is such a systematic coach soft shouldered ***** that if Jaquan, Thomas, Tyriq etc take the reigns and get in peoples faces like old school Canes Golden stops it.

Larry Coker was a good X and O coach and good on ganeday. He was not a head coach at the time and a bad recruiter.

Coker was a good OC, average head coach who didn't instill discipline. As far as recruiting his down fall was lack of respect among players once Davis' kids left and like Mack Brown stopped in person evaluations and became a catalog shopper. I.E. Lance Leggett/Kayne Farquason etc...

Agree my fear is that Golden is such a systematic coach soft shouldered ***** that if Jaquan, Thomas, Tyriq etc take the reigns and get in peoples faces like old school Canes Golden stops it.

Sometimes I think this staff just over analyzes and gives their opponent too much credit. This also affects the confidence of the players. If the players are confident that they are better and should dominate, then they will play more aggressive and relaxed.

When I wrestled, I was taught to just attack, don't worry about what my opponent wanted to do because it was my match to control. When you are attacking constantly your opponent has no time to regroup and are constantly reacting to what you are doing. You have to stay aggressive and one step ahead. This always worked when I believed that I was the better wrestler. The few times that I got in trouble was when I over analyzed and started to doubt myself and worried too much about what my opponent wanted to do to me. When this happens people tend to stray from what got them their in the first place.

Advertisement

Agree my fear is that Golden is such a systematic coach soft shouldered **** that if Jaquan, Thomas, Tyriq etc take the reigns and get in peoples faces like old school Canes Golden stops it.

Sometimes I think this staff just over analyzes and gives their opponent too much credit. This also affects the confidence of the players. If the players are confident that they are better and should dominate, then they will play more aggressive and relaxed.

When I wrestled, I was taught to just attack, don't worry about what my opponent wanted to do because it was my match to control. When you are attacking constantly your opponent has no time to regroup and are constantly reacting to what you are doing. You have to stay aggressive and one step ahead. This always worked when I believed that I was the better wrestler. The few times that I got in trouble was when I over analyzed and started to doubt myself and worried too much about what my opponent wanted to do to me. When this happens people tend to stray from what got them their in the first place.

Exactly, When we play the likes of Arkansas St, Golden comes out and says we are not going to overlook them and they do this great and they do that great. its like c'mon please grow a pair and just say we are going to come in a beat some *** for once.Football is about violence not making sure you do is okay with everyone. Players need to know no one can stop them and when they come out they are playing scared. im a person who believes the team is a reflection of its coach. golden is a 6-6, 7-5 coach. when its big games. he just too scared to win them. "We are not ready" is his favorite quote.isnt your job is too get the team ready?

I hate the way this kids game translates to college speed I may be in the minority, Irvin to me is the jewel at safety. I know my JJ eval will **** people off cuz he bleeds orange and green but I'm just keeping it real. Hope he's the real deal but I don't see it.

Advertisement

Instead we got Beer Belly Fentress pumping up the DB's.

I hate the way this kids game translates to college speed I may be in the minority, Irvin to me is the jewel at safety. I know my JJ eval will **** people off cuz he bleeds orange and green but I'm just keeping it real. Hope he's the real deal but I don't see it.

DWT my man, I have to strongly disagree on your view on Jaquan. Been watching him since he was a freshman. The kid is special. I'll come and eat crow if I am wrong though.

DWT my man, I have to strongly disagree on your view on Jaquan. Been watching him since he was a freshman. The kid is special. I'll come and eat crow if I am wrong though.
This kid will be the starting free safety come game 1

Advertisement
Back