Jaquan Johnson... update..

CanesNation55

Thunderdome
Miami Killian High School DB and Cane commitment Jaquan Johnson set up his Cane official visit for this coming weekend.

And, as an early graduate, he'll be at UM for good beginning in January.

Johnson signed his nonbinding grant-in-aid with Miami last week.

"It was a good moment signing that - it's where I'm going to college for the next four years," Johnson said.

In a statement following the signing, coach Al Golden said, "We're thrilled to add someone of Jaquan's character and work ethic to our football program. He truly understands what it means to be a Miami Hurricane, and he wants to come here to make a difference.

"Quan has become like family to our program over the last several years. He is a sharp young man - smart, tough, athletic, and a leader on and off the field. I know he is proud to be a Miami Hurricane and can't wait to get started in January."

Johnson got an in-home visit from Golden, Mark D'Onofrio and Paul Williams last week.

"That went well," Johnson said. "They were just getting to know me, talking about me coming in January. They told me come in and work hard, that they can't promise me anything but that I can come in and compete."

Because Johnson's mom wasn't available at the in-home meeting, Golden also went to visit her at work.

"He met with my mom at Publix, where she works," Johnson said. "That meant a lot that they took the time out to go see her."

Asked his goals as a Cane freshman, Johnson said, "I just want to go in and learn. I want to go and start from scratch. Everything I did in high school, it's a different mindset - faster game, bigger people. I want to go in and compete and help the team as much as possible in any way."

Of what he sees for the future of the Cane program, Johnson said, "I think we're going to be able to compete with the best of them, we just have to be willing to work."

He adds of UM coaches that "I think they're amazing. I like all of them."

Johnson won't take any visits besides UM and when he committed he chose Miami over South Carolina, Florida and Florida State. He will compete in the Army All-American game before arriving in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
I really wish Golden et al. transition their ability off the field to improve the performance on the field. I love what he does for the players, the appearance of the program.

GIF--Clap-applause-good-job-nice-one-clapping-laugh-Mike-Tyson-GIF.gif

Advertisement
I really wish Golden et al. transition their ability off the field to improve the performance on the field. I love what he does for the players, the appearance of the program.

You are right, if Al would limit his activities to the couple things he succeeds at, and leave the rest to COMPETENT assistants, he would be better off. Problem is that the appearance on the field is just horrible and refuses to admit that it is his very philosophy of offense and defense that is the problem. If he would bring in a quality DC with old school Canes ideas and allow an offense suited to our talent, then Golden might be an outstanding HC. But everything remains, in the face of 4 years of failure, his way and only his way. His insistence that methods necessary for teams with little speed and skill be forced upon one in the middle of speed and skill heaven. You run the option when you have no linemen, you run ground and pound 3 yards and cloud of dusk when you many cows on oline, and you run Al's defense when you have limited speed and skill plus a 3yards and cloud of dusk offense. Oh, Al just sucks as a special teams coach. No amount of talent will overcome Al's pride because his systems are designed for the opposite.

Source?

As far as Jaquan goes, hopefully he'll get a competent staff while he's here or his talent will just get wasted with Golden.

So this debunks the myth to the retards that all sfla kids follow guys that r respected in sfla. No no no they follow coaches that recruit well.

Advertisement
If he's coming this weekend he is coming with Tim Irvin. Hopefully they decide to follow each other. Both are EE and both could make a huge impact as freshman

If he's coming this weekend he is coming with Tim Irvin. Hopefully they decide to follow each other. Both are EE and both could make a huge impact as freshman

What will Tim Irvin's future position be? Does he project as a safety?

A safety but he can play some nickel/safety role as well. Think like how Honey Badger did for LSU and Lamarcus Joyner for FSU.

Tim brings to the table very good special teams ability.

Jaquan also brings this to the table.

I see Jaquan being a free safety. Tim a strong safety. I like Tims ability to come up against the run a lot.

Advertisement
The kid reminds me of Duke and Perryman. Cane from the get go and willing to work hard.

He's Cane to the bone. As long as he works hard and stays focused he will be fine.

He's special in the sense of former Cane Greats. Really stands out as a leader.

A safety but he can play some nickel/safety role as well. Think like how Honey Badger did for LSU and Lamarcus Joyner for FSU.

I see Jaquan being a free safety. Tim a strong safety. I like Tims ability to come up against the run a lot.

Would be a lethal safety duo for years to come. Then if somehow we did land Marcus Lewis, we could have one of the best secondary classes in the country. I'd settle with just JJ and Tim though

Advertisement

Would be a lethal safety duo for years to come. Then if somehow we did land Marcus Lewis, we could have one of the best secondary classes in the country. I'd settle with just JJ and Tim though

Sorry dude but I can't settle. Losing out on Jackson and Lammons last year hurt and especially not going after Juwan Dowels and Wilson.

Then now not pursuing Tarvarus. Not pursuing Kendrell. Cole's grade and legal issues.

Not looking good for D. Davis and C. Davis.

Not pursuing Fenton and Hoggins.

Yeah I love Jaquan and Tim. Jury still out for me on Michael Jackson as I want to see more tape before I give any judgement.

And yeah we have a shot at Lewis, but we'll see if he even comes. I'm not banking on that one.

And most of all missing on SBB bothers me most of all.

Despite how much I love Jaquan and Tim's game. Those other misses hurt.

"He met with my mom at Publix, where she works," Johnson said

Golden and Donofrio just needed an excuse to get a footlong sub. Doesn't fool anyone

Sorry dude but I can't settle. Losing out on Jackson and Lammons last year hurt and especially not going after Juwan Dowels and Wilson.

Then now not pursuing Tarvarus. Not pursuing Kendrell. Cole's grade and legal issues.

Not looking good for D. Davis and C. Davis.

Not pursuing Fenton and Hoggins.

Yeah I love Jaquan and Tim. Jury still out for me on Michael Jackson as I want to see more tape before I give any judgement.

And yeah we have a shot at Lewis, but we'll see if he even comes. I'm not banking on that one.

And most of all missing on SBB bothers me most of all.

Despite how much I love Jaquan and Tim's game. Those other misses hurt.

I agree, I really thought we might get JC last year but we missed out. SBB should have been ours but he is just that type that we can't get if we arent winning. We win 9-10 games those players come to Miami but 6-7-8 wins arent going to get it done

Advertisement
Back