Jaquan Johnson on why he returned

Reed watched a ton of film but more importantly they said he knew what to look for. You can watch more tape than Siskel and Ebert and not get anything out of it. Guy had an incredible football IQ but I think some of that was innate. Im not sure that can be taught

I know Bill Belichick thought he was the greatest safety ever, said Reed could anticipate plays better than anyone he had ever come across.
Read Tom Bradys wristband.....
Look for #20 Every play...

Attachments

• 15219992_10154745202167210_3667694461115362217_n.jpg
    15219992_10154745202167210_3667694461115362217_n.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 92
Advertisement
Read Tom Bradys wristband.....
Look for #20 Every play...

I saw a clip where Belichick said to Reed before a game something about a play he had seen on tape about him being the only safety he had ever seen jump a deep out. Basically said to him,'How in the world did you anticipate that and get over?'

In my view, if you coached Ed you basically had to trust him at times to basically play his own defense because he wasn't a guy that always went by the book. It was part of his genius.

The same magazine that wanted us to close shop.

You chalk up about as many W's as the French army at war.
The same magazine that wanted us to close shop.

You chalk up about as many W's as the French army at war.
I wouldn't Wipe My *** with this Publication.....I care too much about my ***

Attachments

• 27540645_2109517975731440_3700324256817122511_n.jpg
    27540645_2109517975731440_3700324256817122511_n.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1
Advertisement
Reed watched a ton of film but more importantly they said he knew what to look for. You can watch more tape than Siskel and Ebert and not get anything out of it. Guy had an incredible football IQ but I think some of that was innate. Im not sure that can be taught

I know Bill Belichick thought he was the greatest safety ever, said Reed could anticipate plays better than anyone he had ever come across.

Agreed. Speed is certainly important, but the ability to anticipate and read plays is even more important. Some just have it and some never will.
Reed had it in spades.

Not to beat a dead horse but it's a shame RJ and Norton left early. Throughout the whole draft process, those two were not prepared properly. I still think this defense can be special but with those 2, we might have been one of the best at UM. Good luck to them but man I'm pumped to have JJ back.

Advertisement
You've got to be better than Duane Starks, before being discussed in the Vicinity of Ed....
He had the best season any cane safety have had in years, the parallels can be similar in terms of their time at Miami(not the nfl) if he balls out and go crazy his senior year with like 90 plus tackles 7+ints as a senior(that still probably won’t be enough but you get the picture) . With that also would come a turn around season like we had in 2000 and a possible playoff berth in 2018. Not saying all of that will happen but we are in great position to do a lot of things this year.

It's nice to see a kid like Jaquan see the bigger picture. Come back one more year, up your draft stock, and try to bring a title home instead of bolting to pick a late round pick. One year could be a difference maker in being financially set for a lifetime as opposed to living the good life for a couple years.

Franchise is ingrained as a cane legend for what he's contributed and has yet to contribute.

Advertisement

Ed paid attention to what the QBs were looking to see and then showed it to them to get them to throw the ball. He did not anticipate as much as he “influenced “ them to take the shot. He was master cat and mouse guy.

In terms of a leader you won’t find any better leaders, he has that type of mentality too. In terms of being a playmaking safety that is not the biggest nor the fastest but plays with the biggest heart in addition to the similar size I can see why they would make that comparison
I remember his frsh season he was the vocal guy on kickoff coverage and i was impressed cause everyone was listening to him even third year players he had thwm all tuned in

Advertisement
I don’t think there is a true safety that is comparable to Jaquan Johnson. He’s like a little of Tyrann Mathieu and a little of Eric Berry mixed in his own package.

I don’t think there is a true safety that is comparable to Jaquan Johnson. He’s like a little of Tyrann Mathieu and a little of Eric Berry mixed in his own package.
All time or right this moment ? .... This moment I agree I think Jaquan is the best around

Ed paid attention to what the QBs were looking to see and then showed it to them to get them to throw the ball. He did not anticipate as much as he “influenced “ them to take the shot. He was master cat and mouse guy.

Peyton Manning said that playing the Ravens with Ed and Ray Lewis were the greatest chess match's he ever had in the NFL

Advertisement
Back