Jaquan Johnson on why he returned

Advertisement
Espn compared him to Ed Reed....
In terms of a leader you won’t find any better leaders, he has that type of mentality too. In terms of being a playmaking safety that is not the biggest nor the fastest but plays with the biggest heart in addition to the similar size I can see why they would make that comparison

Last edited:
In terms of a leader you won’t find any better leaders, he has that type of mentality too. In terms of being a playmaking safety that is not the biggest nor the fastest but plays with the biggest heart I can see why they would make that comparison

It is a dumb comparison. Naturally you agree with it.

Advertisement
It’s all relative when talking about athletic ability and comparing different athletes.

JJ is just built more stocky so the way he moves is somewhat different than someone who might be considered more limber, so to speak. But despite his strong build, he still moves pretty quick and of course packs a punch. I think he can still develop some more.

Advertisement
Team first guy, Cane through and through. I'm excited like a kid on Christmas eve for the upcoming season. Go Canes!

Remember Ed didn’t become Ed until his RS Jr year. I read the article a few years ago on that ‘01 team and Mike Rumph thought he was taking E. Reed’s spot when he first came in.

But by the tim camp rolled around it was a new man out there. Jaquan is a 4th year senior with confidence. It might get ugly out there.

Advertisement
Ed Reed is like the Hope Diamond, they are extremely rare. But JJ does have that 'radar' or 'sixth sense' that allows him to play faster than his stop watch time. That was evident during his high school days at Killian.

He's a player that's is better than the sum of his physical parts. Just very sound, physical and intelligent out there.

Advertisement
Ed Reed is like the Hope Diamond, they are extremely rare. But JJ does have that 'radar' or 'sixth sense' that allows him to play faster than his stop watch time. That was evident during his high school days at Killian.

He's a player that's is better than the sum of his physical parts. Just very sound, physical and intelligent out there.

I always wondered how it was that Ed Reed played as though he had ESP and knew what was coming well before the opposing team snapped the ball.

I've seen JJ in spurts do the same thing - it's like he knows - with greater and greater frequency - what's coming before it comes.

I love a number of our players - but JJ's heart just stands out above the rest - and so I look forward to this season to see more of his intuition putting him in the right place - a few seconds before the ball is snapped.

I always wondered how it was that Ed Reed played as though he had ESP and knew what was coming well before the opposing team snapped the ball.

I've seen JJ in spurts do the same thing - it's like he knows - with greater and greater frequency - what's coming before it comes.

I love a number of our players - but JJ's heart just stands out above the rest - and so I look forward to this season to see more of his intuition putting him in the right place - a few seconds before the ball is snapped.

Reed watched a ton of film but more importantly they said he knew what to look for. You can watch more tape than Siskel and Ebert and not get anything out of it. Guy had an incredible football IQ but I think some of that was innate. Im not sure that can be taught

I know Bill Belichick thought he was the greatest safety ever, said Reed could anticipate plays better than anyone he had ever come across.

Advertisement
Back