JAQUAN JOHNSON COMMITS

466.gif

That's his ceiling that I see. Almost identical build, measurables and play styles and leadership.

I'll say again. I view Jaquans floor as Ahmad Black and his ceiling as Ed Reed.

It's up to him how much work he puts in and how bad does he want it. He can be great like #20 was if he strives for it. From everything I have seen and heard, Jaquan is a hard worker too.

I see a special player in him. Been one of my favorites in Dade County the last few years.

LOL @ his ceiling being maybe the best safety in NFL history. Relax.
Hey! Hey... Maybe you didn't read. I did a floor and ceiling, doesn't mean that I said he will be that good. That's how good he can be if he reaches his potential. Don't tell me about what I don't know, I've seen this kid live. Kids gonna be all Dade 4 years. He's not your every day JAG.

This is why I'm hesitant to say someone's ceiling. Cause people think your saying they WILL be that good. It's a projection based on ability, size, speed and potential and play style. Meaning, they COULD be, not that they WILL be. Aka their ceiling if they develop to their full potential. Many players don't reach their full potential. You, relax.

And btw I don't think Ed is the best safety to ever play. I think it's a tie between Ed and Ronnie Lott. You ever watch Lott?

Last edited:
Advertisement
All I know is he is the first player to be able to attempt to be all dade 4x...............JJ was playing as a freshman in HS at such a high level......

Advertisement
The thing that immediately jumps out at you with this kid is whew he plays the game with bad intentions. He doesn't want to tackle you, he wants to body slam you, steal your soul and then take your girl just because he can. He is obviously extremely strong for his size as he simply rips the ball away from ball carriers at will. It's not something I say often, but I can actually see this kid's will is stronger than every other player on the field when he's playing. His instincts for football can't be taught. I wouldn't say he's a ballhawk in the truest sense of the word, but he takes excellent angles, knows his responsibilities and seems to see the field a step quicker than everyone else. He is one of the best high school S's I've watched on tape at diagnosing the play, putting his back foot in the ground and pulling the trigger. He diagnoses it, sees it, attacks it and finish the play.

Obvious drawbacks are his size and his style of reckless abandon could open him up to injuries. For goodness sake, someone teach this kid how to tackle, that shoulder is going to be out of his socket if he continues going side saddle with that shoulder into college runners who have their legs under them. He doesn't have prototype speed, but he plays fast on the field. I've said it before; some kids just carry their pads better than everyone else. He runs like he isn't wearing pads at all.

Honestly, I was very impressed with this kid and that's hard for an undersized Junior in high school S to do. Welcome to the U Jaquan, welcome to the U.

Advertisement
Advertisement

That's his ceiling that I see. Almost identical build, measurables and play styles and leadership.

It's up to him how much work he puts in and how bad does he want it. He can be great like #20 was if he strives for it. From everything I have seen and heard, Jaquan is a hard worker too.

I see a special player in him. Been one of my favorites in Dade County the last few years.

Hey! Hey... Maybe you didn't read. I did a floor and ceiling, doesn't mean that I said he will be that good. That's how good he can be if he reaches his potential. Don't tell me about what I don't know, I've seen this kid live. Kids gonna be all Dade 4 years. He's not your every day JAG.

This is why I'm hesitant to say someone's ceiling. Cause people think your saying they WILL be that good. It's a projection based on ability, size, speed and potential and play style. Meaning, they COULD be, not that they WILL be. Aka their ceiling if they develop to their full potential. Many players don't reach their full potential. You, relax.

And btw I don't think Ed is the best safety to ever play. I think it's a tie between Ed and Ronnie Lott. You ever watch Lott?

That's a nice novel you just penned, but maybe you missed the part where I LOLed at you saying his CEILING was MAYBE the best safety in NFL history. So your terrible little story about how I thought he WAS going to be that good doesn't make any sense (notice how I said CEILING) and I don't really care about you thinking Ed Reed is tied for the best safety of all time (notice how I said MAYBE)? Take some time to learn to read before you jump off the deep end.

Advertisement

That's a nice novel you just penned, but maybe you missed the part where I LOLed at you saying his CEILING was MAYBE the best safety in NFL history. So your terrible little story about how I thought he WAS going to be that good doesn't make any sense (notice how I said CEILING) and I don't really care about you thinking Ed Reed is tied for the best safety of all time (notice how I said MAYBE)? Take some time to learn to read before you jump off the deep end.
Ask around what his ceiling is. Most would agree. The way you came off seemed like you thought I was saying he was 100% gonna be Reed. Even if you didn't imply it.

Players get compared all the time. Chill.

what staff changes? golden isn't going anywhere.

yeah, it's better to have a staff that other people covet, it means you are winning and doing something right. if nobody else wants your head coach or coordinators, it means you are doing something wrong. it's like dating a good looking woman. do you want to date a woman nobody else is trying to date or do you want to date a women other men covet?

Advertisement
Back