Jaquan Halftime Speech

I expect nothing less from Mr. 4x All-Dade.
they did a great job with him the staff but he himself has done an awesome job, super smart. I thought he would struggle cause of his size and speed but credit to him man he has had a **** of a career at UM.

Advertisement
His hit on the FSU receiver that was initially called targeting was big time. That alone should raise his draft stock next spring.

Advertisement
I love it. He went from being called average and to small by this board to having ED Reed moments

Best safty to play here in a decade and a half. Wish we had him another year. Love his game.

This dude is a phenomenal football player and the clear leader of our team. He was a Dade HS legend who was looking like a 5 Star prospect early in his HS career until he wound up with a shoulder injury that cost him quite a bit of playing time, and the recruiting nerds took away his star juice.

Such a smart player. If you watch him he’s like an orchestra leader out there. On a key play today (I think it was a 4th down stop), he adjusted our lineup a second before the snap like he knew exactly what was coming and then crashed down to make the tackle short of the first down.

This dude gave the team a halftime speech that made a difference.
"I told them that we can’t lose this game. This is my senior year and we needed to play to our standard. We were playing undisciplined and we weren’t playing Miami football.”

Joe Jackson said “Jaquan gave us the talk that we needed. He said that they aren’t on the same level as us and that we are playing down to their level. He reassured us that we have to do what we do best and that is play ball and we will get the win.”

After the punt return JJ said “I told the defense that we can’t give them any points. We had to dominate and control what we could control. Then I told the offense that we were going to have to play with a lot of heart to win the game.” FSU never scored another point.

This is some Reed level sht. And no I'm not saying he's on Reed's level. But.. He shows up in big games. He plays hurt. He makes plays. He gives speeches. He backs up his words. He gives everything he has on every play.
How good is this ...!

Advertisement
This dude is a phenomenal football player and the clear leader of our team. He was a Dade HS legend who was looking like a 5 Star prospect early in his HS career until he wound up with a shoulder injury that cost him quite a bit of playing time, and the recruiting nerds took away his star juice.

Such a smart player. If you watch him he’s like an orchestra leader out there. On a key play today (I think it was a 4th down stop), he adjusted our lineup a second before the snap like he knew exactly what was coming and then crashed down to make the tackle short of the first down.
Absolutely, he stopped Akers who had a clear path to the first down ... 'Quan Johnson is a flat out Balla.

You’re always preaching that we need guys that are good at FOOTBALL. That produce in high school. This guy is your prototype Chise. He won’t wow at the combine but instinct wise he is on a level of his own. P.S. his boy redwine has turned into quite the player as well.

Jaquan was right - we did play down to their level.

And this is why he's an AA. He's a big-time player for us and a great leader.

This dude gave the team a halftime speech that made a difference.
"I told them that we can’t lose this game. This is my senior year and we needed to play to our standard. We were playing undisciplined and we weren’t playing Miami football.”

Joe Jackson said “Jaquan gave us the talk that we needed. He said that they aren’t on the same level as us and that we are playing down to their level. He reassured us that we have to do what we do best and that is play ball and we will get the win.”

After the punt return JJ said “I told the defense that we can’t give them any points. We had to dominate and control what we could control. Then I told the offense that we were going to have to play with a lot of heart to win the game.” FSU never scored another point.

This is some Reed level sht. And no I'm not saying he's on Reed's level. But.. He shows up in big games. He plays hurt. He makes plays. He gives speeches. He backs up his words. He gives everything he has on every play.

Advertisement
Jaquan Johnson wasn’t even 100 percent out there and he played violently, fast and agressive. That was a dominant performance by Jaquan man

He makes our defense dominant. I didn't notice how much of a difference he makes when he's out there. Led the team in tackles as well.
It was very evident this game. After first couple of series he had like 5 tackles already

Advertisement
well this is whats going on now with richt that is different. you look at our team and we are starting to show we have guys at multiple positions who are as good as anyone in the nation at their position. JT, Willis, JJ, Garvin, Jaquan, etc.
talent and GUTS

Lordy, I hope there are tapes. JJ is a true leader. He secured some NFL money that game.

Advertisement
Back