Jaquan Halftime Speech

SCarolina Ibis

Medical Redshirt
This dude gave the team a halftime speech that made a difference.
"I told them that we can’t lose this game. This is my senior year and we needed to play to our standard. We were playing undisciplined and we weren’t playing Miami football.”

Joe Jackson said “Jaquan gave us the talk that we needed. He said that they aren’t on the same level as us and that we are playing down to their level. He reassured us that we have to do what we do best and that is play ball and we will get the win.”

After the punt return JJ said “I told the defense that we can’t give them any points. We had to dominate and control what we could control. Then I told the offense that we were going to have to play with a lot of heart to win the game.” FSU never scored another point.

This is some Reed level sht. And no I'm not saying he's on Reed's level. But.. He shows up in big games. He plays hurt. He makes plays. He gives speeches. He backs up his words. He gives everything he has on every play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where does he rank for us all time? That's the craziest part for me. He checks every box you'd want in a player. If he ran a 4.4 or he was 6'3.. would we all see him differently?

No Jaquan is not Kenny Phillips. He is Ed Reed level. And he will play years in the NFL. There are multiple players who will do so on this team. Stop *****ing about play calls and enjoy the talent on this team. It is truly special.

Advertisement
Where does he rank for us all time? That's the craziest part for me. He checks every box you'd want in a player. If he ran a 4.4 or he was 6'3.. would we all see him differently?

I see him differently now that he’s back. What a difference!

Maybe not as strong or fast but he reminds me of M. Fitzpatrick from bama.

Well, he is best we have now. He is best we’ve had in long lomg time. Team drops down three levels without him. We makes huge plays regularly. He seldom make a mistake. Is he Ed Reed, is anyone? Is he ST, is anyone? Is he Bernnie Blades, could Bennie even play safety with today’s rules? Here is what he is, Miami defense is strong up the middle or it is nothing. DT, MLB, safety. He is the dude that stops what the other two levels miss and sometimes before they get to it. Find 21 more like him and we win NC.

Advertisement
No Jaquan is not Kenny Phillips. He is Ed Reed level. And he will play years in the NFL. There are multiple players who will do so on this team. Stop *****ing about play calls and enjoy the talent on this team. It is truly special.
well this is whats going on now with richt that is different. you look at our team and we are starting to show we have guys at multiple positions who are as good as anyone in the nation at their position. JT, Willis, JJ, Garvin, Jaquan, etc.

Advertisement
Kid is an all timer. He makes so many plays, that are plays, only he would make. One in particular, Patrick got a handoff going right and our D was a little confused, and not set from the quick snap, and JJ read it, got outside, and kept it to about a yard or 2. If he isn't on the field, that would have gone for an easy 1st down and maybe more.

Advertisement
Back