Jan. 2 Bowl games

Cam Rising didn’t play the whole second half basically. He went out when they had just went down 21-14 and were on pace for just under 500 yards without his stud TE either.

Advertisement
Me too, but from what I've seen (I was at the Cotton Bowl today), the Tulane co-eds have improved over the past 20 years
I had a lot of friends there (I was c/o 2005). It was great seeing a bowl game where there was passion and it still meant something. I was really impressed by how well Tulane traveled.

After Katrina there was a lot more engagement with the city and kids sticking around after graduation. It seems like the football stadium (name donor from Miami) kicked it up a notch. I can’t begin to imagine how fun it must be. I also just booked second weekend of Jazzfest and cannot wait.

I had a lot of friends there (I was c/o 2005). It was great seeing a bowl game where there was passion and it still meant something. I was really impressed by how well Tulane traveled.

After Katrina there was a lot more engagement with the city and kids sticking around after graduation. It seems like the football stadium (name donor from Miami) kicked it up a notch. I can’t begin to imagine how fun it must be. I also just booked second weekend of Jazzfest and cannot wait.
I graduated in '01. The stadium is perfect for them.

Maybe we are the problem and Manny wasn't...dude is a near-elite DC who brings the heat on every play. His only downfall as a DC is recruiting. After his aggressive players knocked out their QB, PSU has really gone for the jugular and I love it. 2017 ND vibes in this one.

So his downfall is the exact reason why he can’t keep a job…. How is that elite?

Diaz is a solid DC, his main issue is he isn’t a great recruiter.

If he has talent he will produce upper level defenses that sack and have TFL’s.

I respectfully disagree w/ u, my brotha.

When Diaz was first here, I thought it was a good hire b/c of MSU’s defense. A notable poster was very adamant that Diaz is a one trick, smoke & mirror DC.

What I discovered is the following:

Diaz is an excellent 1st yr DC. He’s hopped scotched around CFB, staying at spots for one yr, before moving on. There’s only two spots he’s lasted more than one yr, UT & us. Both ended in climatic, horrible fashion.

Here’s Diaz’s first yr DC ratings (& I’m only going to use Total-D, b/c while it’s not 100% solid, it does give a great gage:

-2010 MSU (21st): previous season - 71st
-2011 UT (34th): previous season - 50th
-2014 LATech (34th): previous season - 69th
-2015 MSU (56th): previous season - 84th
-2016 Miami (20th): previous season - 69th

Remarkable 1st yr adjustments; yet, let’s look at his time at Texas & Miami as time went on.

2012 UT: 74th
2013: UT: 115th (at time of firing)
*After firing, Texas improved to 68th in Total Def

2017 UM: 38th
2018: UM: 4th*
2020: UM: 67th*
2021: UM: 75th

*2018, I’ve spoke on this before, but this season we played by far the most collection of bad passing offenses during Diaz’s tenure, facing one dimensional offenses. The avg. ranked Pass Offenses we faced in 2018 was 77th, compared to 63rd & 69th in 2016 & ‘17 respectively.

*In 2020, it was rumored that Diaz began taking over DC duties from Baker before his ultimate dismal.

So the longer Diaz stays at a spot, which has only happened twice, the worst the defense becomes. It could be the smoke & mirrors eventually gets unveiled, or to ur point, his recruiting & evaluations are bad where as the inherited players leave, the flaws become exposed w/ his own guys. Either way, he’s good at 1st impressions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I respectfully disagree w/ u, my brotha.

When Diaz was first here, I thought it was a good hire b/c of MSU’s defense. A notable poster was very adamant that Diaz is a one trick, smoke & mirror DC.

What I discovered is the following:

Diaz is an excellent 1st yr DC. He’s hopped scotched around CFB, staying spots for one yr, before moving on. There’s only two spots he’s lasted more than one yr, UT & us. Both ended in climatic, horrible fashion.

Here’s Diaz’s first yr DC ratings (& I’m only going to use Total-D, b/c while it’s not 100% solid, it does give a great gage:

-2010 MSU (21st): previous season - 71st
-2011 UT (34th): previous season - 50th
-2014 LATech (34th): previous season - 69th
-2015 MSU (56th): previous season - 84th
-2016 Miami (20th): previous season - 69th

Remarkable 1st yr adjustments; yet, let’s look at his time at Texas & Miami as time went on.

2012 UT: 74th
2013: UT: 115th (at time of firing)
*After firing, Texas improved to 68th in Total Def

2017 UM: 38th
2018: UM: 4th*
2020: UM: 67th*
2021: UM: 75th

*2018, I’ve spoke on this before, but this season we played by far the most collection of bad passing offenses during Diaz’s tenure, facing one dimensional offenses. The avg. ranked Pass Offenses we faced in 2018 was 77th, compared to 63rd & 69th in 2016 & ‘17 respectively.

*In 2020, it was rumored that Diaz began taking over DC duties from Baker before his ultimate dismal.

So the longer Diaz stays at a spot, which has only happened twice, the worst the defense becomes. It could be the smoke & mirrors eventually gets unveiled, or to ur point, his recruiting & evaluations are bad where as the inherited players leave, the flaws become exposed w/ his own guys. Either way, he’s good at 1st impressions.
Rumour has it Michael Carter and Javonte Williams are still running.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back