Jan. 2 Bowl games

Advertisement
Upon further review, Utah is an overrated top ten team. Their only wins over ranked opponents are two wins against USC, one with USC's QB injured, a win over Oregon State at home the week after Oregon State took USC to the wire and lost in the last minute. They lost to USC, UF, and Oregon.

Advertisement
Maybe we are the problem and Manny wasn't...dude is a near-elite DC who brings the heat on every play. His only downfall as a DC is recruiting. After his aggressive players knocked out their QB, PSU has really gone for the jugular and I love it. 2017 ND vibes in this one.

Advertisement
Maybe we are the problem and Manny wasn't...dude is a near-elite DC who brings the heat on every play. His only downfall as a DC is recruiting. After his aggressive players knocked out their QB, PSU has really gone for the jugular and I love it. 2017 ND vibes in this one.
George Costanza Shrug GIF

Advertisement
1 year… Tulane was 2-10 last season with the same players.

Tulane wasn't as bad as their record last year. They spent the first month of the season in an hotel in Alabama because of the hurricane. Pratt played hurt the entire season (missed one game, but played through it the rest of the season) and Spears barely played until midseason because he was getting over an ACL (he finished this season with 1800 yards).

But, the point still stands. Teams can and do rebound.

And Tulane lost to S. Miss!

They did. It was a week after they beat Kansas State in Manhattan and had a letdown. Also, Pratt played the entire game injured (he missed the next week against Houston). Tulane got up 14-0 and blew it.

30% are new to the roster. But, then again, that's fairly normal.

What really helps is if Tulane's 2021 roster wasn't loaded with lazy overrated talent, as Miami's was.

Almost all of Tulane's key players were returning players, not new ones except for Jenkins, the DT that tackled the USC RB for a safety. He was a transfer from TCU. Also, they had a starting safety that transferred from Duke. They were just healthy this year.

Advertisement
He’s been at Tulane since 2016 and his previous records were 4-8, 5-7, 6-6, 6-6 and 2-10… I mean that season last year should have done him in.

Credit Tulane for not pulling the trigger and firing him after last season.

4-8, 5-7, 7-6, 7-6, 6-6, 2-10 before 12-2. There was absolutely no talk about firing him after last year. You have to realize that Tulane had never been to 3 straight bowls in their 100+ year history. He took over an absolute mess (left by Curtis Johnson) when he took over in 2016.

39 points allowed. I love Riley as an offensive guru but his problem has always been soft *** defenses
Lincoln Riley has now lost 6 games when holding a lead of at least 14 points since becoming a head coach in 2017, the most in the FBS in that span.

Advertisement
Back