Jamil Burroughs (former Alabama DT) enrolled and practicing with team. Update: not eligible for 2023 per cribby

Advertisement
Burroughs is not showing in the portal anymore for a reason. Things might be worked out and he could be back in the first of the year. Tbd
Bring him back fights happen no big deal. He’s a war daddy that’s what they do in the trenches.

Advertisement
Meh, everyone under 21 f(_)cks up errrr once in a while. If he's committed to change let him back on double secret probation
The issue here is if he stays and something does happen he’s on that roster of those 85 allowed at this point if he didn’t stay, he’s not towards the 85 for next year.

Advertisement
That's kinda where I was going with the question. Hopefully that doesn't mean our chances of bringing Lee back are gone
NGL I thought of that too but that cant be a reason because it is too much of a Manny move to appease players.....

Say the rumors are true, him and Lee fought (and regular fights happen all the time so it could not have been that, he would have had to sucker punch him or realistic threats, flashed a weapon etc). So Mario, then determines for the benefit of the team he needs to go (unless it was an admin decision he had no say in) and that main benefit to the team was Lee was more valuable. Lee has said numerous times how he trusts Mario and with as many times as he was captain and given to the press the respect is mutual. So he boots him to appease Lee, Lee then decides to go pro and Mario does a heel turn?

Just seems like a bad look. Lee could still be gone but I think that would have to do very little with this. If the fight did happen and he is coming back it is because 1. it was an admin issue and not a football issue and we were able to work out the admin side; 2. he an whoever squashed their beef, maybe went to coach, maybe Burroughs took some positive or proactive steps that made them change their mind or 3 the initial reason was wrong and the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

NGL I thought of that too but that cant be a reason because it is too much of a Manny move to appease players.....

Say the rumors are true, him and Lee fought (and regular fights happen all the time so it could not have been that, he would have had to sucker punch him or realistic threats, flashed a weapon etc). So Mario, then determines for the benefit of the team he needs to go (unless it was an admin decision he had no say in) and that main benefit to the team was Lee was more valuable. Lee has said numerous times how he trusts Mario and with as many times as he was captain and given to the press the respect is mutual. So he boots him to appease Lee, Lee then decides to go pro and Mario does a heel turn?

Just seems like a bad look. Lee could still be gone but I think that would have to do very little with this. If the fight did happen and he is coming back it is because 1. it was an admin issue and not a football issue and we were able to work out the admin side; 2. he an whoever squashed their beef, maybe went to coach, maybe Burroughs took some positive or proactive steps that made them change their mind or 3 the initial reason was wrong and the whole thing was blown out of proportion.
Fanfic Fan Fiction GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Advertisement
Advertisement
No reason to even play Fletcher in the bowl game

Id use it as a chance to see players like Citizen play
Exactly.... and I think we will start seeing these bowl games almost like a reverse preseason or spring training in baseball. We have seen it far too often where good player from Team A is hurt in the Cafe Risque Bowl..... aside from CFP and then the top 2-3 bowls, the rest are meaningless with very little reward. Yes ending the season at 8-5 vs 7-6 or with an offensive blowout of a good team does seeeem better but if that loss is with a bunch of TF playing and everyone knows it then its a nothing. Like that year UF got blown out by maybe OU? No one cared because all of Florida's offense sat. We all made fun of them but I dont think it caused a single recruit any alarms and by the next year no one cares about 8-5 vs 7-6.

Burroughs is not showing in the portal anymore for a reason. Things might be worked out and he could be back in the first of the year. Tbd
Cribby da goat strikes again

Question with him returning(potentially) and Scott’s commitment start to change our stance on portal DTs outside of the obvious can’t pass up stud who might jump in?

I don’t think we need to reach for the Deens or Gores

Advertisement
Back