Jamil Burroughs (former Alabama DT) enrolled and practicing with team. Update: not eligible for 2023 per cribby

Cribby da goat strikes again

Question with him returning(potentially) and Scott’s commitment start to change our stance on portal DTs outside of the obvious can’t pass up stud who might jump in?

I don’t think we need to reach for the Deens or Gores
Imo the number is two if he returns. But there’s still a chance Hunte could leave which could change that. Is lean he returns but as u mentioned a month ago he had some draft buzz now.

Advertisement
Now that's a bowl game I would pay to see...
Dance Speedo GIF

Advertisement
Imo the number is two if he returns. But there’s still a chance Hunte could leave which could change that. Is lean he returns but as u mentioned a month ago he had some draft buzz now.
This goes against what Mario has said about building the team through HS recruiting. I get that we haven't exactly crushed it at DT until last night, but even if Hunte leaves we still have Gore, Moten, Horton, Scott, Achempong, Jones, Russell. Mesidor and Bain can play DT on passing downs. It's time to let some of these kids develop imo. Contiually trying to patch holes in the roster with JAG transfers is not going to aid in the development of anyone.

This goes against what Mario has said about building the team through HS recruiting. I get that we haven't exactly crushed it at DT until last night, but even if Hunte leaves we still have Gore, Moten, Horton, Scott, Achempong, Jones, Russell. Mesidor and Bain can play DT on passing downs. It's time to let some of these kids develop imo. Contiually trying to patch holes in the roster with JAG transfers is not going to aid in the development of anyone.
Go look at last class and then look at how this portal class finishes. Actions speak louder than words . Theres no way you roll into next season with that group as your only DT’s. I know we’re after multiple guys right now.

Agreed, generally. But context matters. 2 guys in a heated argument/fight tend to say a lot of things that they don’t mean. Just think of all the stupid things we have all said to our significant others in a heated argument, not to mention just before or after an actual fight. So I’d love to know the context but I’m sure we never will (and maybe should not).

My concern with this young man, and I said it when he transferred, is that this is a pattern. Once is an exception, twice is a pattern. He may have a very real anger management issue. i would make him go to counseling before making any final decision. He needs to learn how and when to be violent, and when to be a normal member of society. Hopefully he can learn this distinction as it appears his anger issues thus far have been football related.

Even as I write this Von Miller, a very respected an NFL player, is accused of domestic violence.
Context is definitely essential. I'm not perturbed with him one way or the other. Heat of the moment I done plenty of dumb **** myself. Me I won't be providing any context on that. Maybe someone will go down that hole. But this is a family issue and more than enough has been said about it. Myself included. IF he's welcomed back i'm sure we'll all be ecstatic.

Context is definitely essential. I'm not perturbed with him one way or the other. Heat of the moment I done plenty of dumb **** myself. Me I won't be providing any context on that. Maybe someone will go down that hole. But this is a family issue and more than enough has been said about it. Myself included. IF he's welcomed back i'm sure we'll all be ecstatic.

When you say "family issue", I assume you mean Miami Fam, right?

Advertisement
Cribby da goat strikes again

Question with him returning(potentially) and Scott’s commitment start to change our stance on portal DTs outside of the obvious can’t pass up stud who might jump in?

I don’t think we need to reach for the Deens or Gores
Dean wasn't a reach. He's was a solid DT at a BigX school who played well against the best competition. And he played well here. Gore was a reach because of bad depth.

Advertisement
Like Gerald Willis? Sometimes kids who know this is there absolute last chance make a change for the good
and he already got in trouble here after getting a second chance. Gerald willis was on his eighth strike here and still no one gave him a good rec including here and from UF.

id just move on. plenty of contributors that aren't causing fights between teammates within their first semester on campus

Advertisement

@HurricanePhilly reporting for duty

Advertisement
Back