Jamil Burroughs (former Alabama DT) enrolled and practicing with team. Update: not eligible for 2023 per cribby

Ask yourself this: how many players have defected from Saban and really done something? Jalen Hurts is all I got. And that was clearly a specific situation / position / **** of a person
Alabama in the last couple of years is not the same Bama we all have seen the past 15 years. So you will see lots of players leaving that program and become great somewhere else.

Advertisement
Ask yourself this: how many players have defected from Saban and really done something? Jalen Hurts is all I got. And that was clearly a specific situation / position / **** of a person
I mean, he didn't defect from Saban, he was kicked off the team (or at the least encouraged to go). Now you could certainly ask how many people have left Alabama (or any team) for disciplinary reasons and turned out well. For non-Alabama I can think of 2 pretty well known examples (Cam Newton and Randy Moss), although I am sure there are plenty more. But I would still think that the success stories are the exceptions. Hopefully he can be one too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mean, he didn't defect from Saban, he was kicked off the team (or at the least encouraged to go). Now you could certainly ask how many people have left Alabama (or any team) for disciplinary reasons and turned out well. For non-Alabama I can think of 2 pretty well known examples, but expect that they are the exceptions (Cam Newton and Randy Moss).
Gerald Willis was a monster for us.

Advertisement
I mean, he didn't defect from Saban, he was kicked off the team (or at the least encouraged to go). Now you could certainly ask how many people have left Alabama (or any team) for disciplinary reasons and turned out well. For non-Alabama I can think of 2 pretty well known examples (Cam Newton and Randy Moss), although I am sure there are plenty more. But I would still think that the success stories are the exceptions. Hopefully he can be one too.
We're talking Bama, not Urban pushing Cam out to start his friend's son. And Randy went FCS before his HOF NFL career even with all that talent

Advertisement
Advertisement
Alabama in the last couple of years is not the same Bama we all have seen the past 15 years. So you will see lots of players leaving that program and become great somewhere else.
Cause of UGA taking guys that would of went to bama. Bama still recruit elite though but someone else does to. Saban in his crib crying that it isn’t fair they stole his secrets.

Advertisement
Back