Jamil Burroughs (former Alabama DT) enrolled and practicing with team. Update: not eligible for 2023 per cribby

Advertisement
Ask yourself this: how many players have defected from Saban and really done something? Jalen Hurts is all I got. And that was clearly a specific situation / position / **** of a person
I agree with your premise about the history of past players leaving Saban, I think with the the transfer portal as if currently is, you will see more in the future.

The year after, I was a crazy fan and I would say we won the natty. With more time, now I agree with you.

Technically speaking, one of the BCS raiting tools gave us the number one spot to end the season. It’s technically in the NCAA books that they won a Natty.
The NCAA recognizes something like 48 different polls. Some are computer polls, some are people polls. All it takes is for one of those polls to have a team at #1 at the end for that team to win a national championship since the NCAA doesn't actually award a football national championship at the FBS level. Every year there are multiple "technical" national champions. The thing is, nobody claims those because it's pathetic. Miami has like three unclaimed titles to go with their 5 real ones. UCF being the only team in modern history to claim a title on a technicality is why the rest of the football world thinks they're clowns.

The NCAA recognizes something like 48 different polls. Some are computer polls, some are people polls. All it takes is for one of those polls to have a team at #1 at the end for that team to win a national championship since the NCAA doesn't actually award a football national championship at the FBS level. Every year there are multiple "technical" national champions. The thing is, nobody claims those because it's pathetic. Miami has like three unclaimed titles to go with their 5 real ones. UCF being the only team in modern history to claim a title on a technicality is why the rest of the football world thinks they're clowns.
How many schools could claim a natty that year?

Advertisement
How many schools could claim a natty that year?
I'm not sure tbh. One time I found a website that had every single team's claimed and unclaimed title years. But I don't know where to find the final results of every poll for every year. I'm sure it's out there though. There's a ton of teams that could claim multiple extra nattys if they wanted to.

The other funny thing about the 2017 championship claim is that Alabama (who won the real title that year) got all mad about UCF claiming a title but they've done the same thing themselves, multiple times. The most laughable one was in 1941 when some rando guy had a poll with Alabama finishing #1 even though they finished 7-2 and ranked #20 by the AP. Alabama claims that title to today, so they have no room to talk bad about UCF.

I agree with your premise about the history of past players leaving Saban, I think with the the transfer portal as if currently is, you will see more in the future.
Time will tell although he may retire before we see much more. So far it’s all hinges on a guard and a LB no one can name.

I can’t stand ucf with that fake water balloon national title trophy. Dudes would of gotten Molly whopped if they played real teams that year.

UCF wasn’t going to consistently win if they went up vs teams with stacked OLines and DLines. I’m not saying they were trash. That’s all I’m saying.

This is what you call moving the goalposts.

Your opinion about UCF's 2017 season seems uniformed & personal feelings lack objectivity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Advertisement
Back