Jamie Newman likely to uga

How well does King throw the ball? I know he’s a great athlete, but is he accurate? Can he make all the throws? Is he a cerebral player — can read defenses quickly, etc, etc?

With a spread QB in Lashlee's system, the main traits I would look for are leadership, mobility, and release time. Ideally a QB isn't going to have to make a lot of complicated reads. The OC will do that for him. Accuracy doesn't need to be that great, since the QB shouldn't typically be asked to make NFL throws. Obviously you want that in a championship QB, but if the reasonable goal is winning 10 games and the ACC coastal with a stopgap QB, then you don't need an elite QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't get the fascination with this guy. To me, Fromm is a better QB and that offense SUCKED although. And, don't forget UGA line will have a complete makeover for next year. No Swift, no Cager, no other proven WRs other than Pickens, five new OL.

Oh yeah, they also have that ****** *** OC named Coley.

Advertisement
So stupid. Kick rocks kid. He's going to one of the worst OCs in football corching up a team that loses their whole OL, top RB, top 2 WR and both of their top TEs. That offense is gonna suck dog balls.
He's going to a loaded team.

IDK where I read it but I did see that initially the thought was King might be looking to go to Oklahoma for his last year. Lincoln Riley has said he isn't in the market for a transfer QB this year so maybe that's why King has is thinking of staying in Houston. I know he did say he was going to stay, I don't think anyone originally believed it...

Advertisement
Damnit man, if there was 1 transfer qb I wanted At Miami it probably would have been him.
Lol well keep wanting bc the only thing we are beating UGa head to head for is total losses.

Advertisement
So stupid. Kick rocks kid. He's going to one of the worst OCs in football corching up a team that loses their whole OL, top RB, top 2 WR and both of their top TEs. That offense is gonna suck dog balls.
Luckily, it's not a scheme for for him either. Horrible decision.

Damnit man, if there was 1 transfer qb I wanted At Miami it probably would have been him.

-Kj Costello is not necessarily a great fit and doesn’t graduate until May. We need our guy for spring ball installing a new system .

-Anthony Brown has had 2 season ending acl surgeries 2 of the last 3 years and is a less talented passer than any qb on our roster other than tate.

-Duffey has previous off the field issues and is reportedly looking hard at Tulane.

-Deriq king is the only option we should pursue going forward but I dont Even know if he’s in the portal

-Another option down the line could be chase Brice if he transfers from Clemson but it’s not a shoe in that’s he’s better than what’s on the roster but its possible he transfers elsewhere.

The kid will ball up at UGA with all the O talent they have coming back plus he’s pretty much guaranteed to start with Fromm going into the draft. I hate it too because would have loved to see him here but you can’t blame the kid, we’ve been hot garbage on O for like forever! The kids making a business decision on his draft future and UGA is a **** of a lot less risky then the university of coral gables. Smh

Anybody that doesn't want D'Eriq King is on drugs...

One of the most dynamic players in college football, good arm & good speed. Threw for 2,982yds 36TD's 6INT's at 63.5% passing with 674yds & 14TD's rushing in Kendall Briles offense.

He's the exact type of QB we need, given how bad our OL is we need a mobile dynamic QB that can make pass rushers miss, Idk why yall keep clamoring for us to go get a statue in the pocket QB, you're only going to get him killed. We need a QB that can evade blitzers, throw on the run & add the QB option element to the run game.

If we can figure out a way to snag him out of Houston it's a no brainer you get King. ****, if I'm Lashlee I would personally give that kid $100K out my own pocket to come here.

Advertisement
Back