James Williams will be a cane

Advertisement
Diaz inherited a horrible offense and ST. Absolutely atrocious. No OL, no reliable WRs, injured star TE, and an immature dolt at QB. The only thing he had was decent RBs,but that doesn't do much good when the OL cant block. The defense was decent. Thats about it. No reasonable person could look at that 2019 team and say Diaz inherited a good situation. That team was so bad it literally caused Richt to retire and almost die of a heart attack.

Diaz had talent.. he just chose the wrong OC that used the talent the wrong way. He also had some bad luck with the kicking game. Hopefully he rectified those two situations and team caving problems don't arise so we can roll.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some of y’all can’t help but have the exact same conversation every year, gathered around the same issue, with the same people and the same song of personal injustice.

I should just give you a thread titled ‘Hurricane Tears’, and every year you can come knock on my door and I’ll give you the key. Then all of the same people and the same crew of sycophants can keep having that conversation in the same place and stop taking over threads that have nothing to do with it.

****. Dee's got me ready to slit my wrists.

He is the guy who advises a kid who ended up:

Quit the team mid-season
Lost out on playing 7 games
Burned a year of eligibility
Missed out on playing for Lashlee
Couldn't find a home during the early signing period
Couldn't find a team on NSD when nearly all remaining rides were used up
Would have missed spring ball had their been one
Signed with Illinois in Mid April

There is obviously a personal dislike there, so I wonder if there may be some bias in his opinions.

We ain’t never been a bag school, not like the deep South schools. But we were a bag school in the sense kids would rather turn down a bag, come to the U, and it was a right of passage to the NFL as a 1st - 3rd rounder. Dang near guaranteed. So in 3-4 yrs, these kids figured, I’ll stay away from the $50-$125k to go play at Bumfck University, to cash in 10’s of millions for the NFL by going to The U.

Now, we got chit to offer. We put up graphics of guys from Miami in the NFL, yet majority of them are barely hanging on and barely drafted. That chit ain’t attractive. So we offer $0 bag incentives, and guys getting drafted in the 4th - 7th round along w a grip of UDFAs? Naw; they taking their talents to the schools pumping out dough & NFL money: The Bama’s, LSUs, Clemson’s, OSUs, OUs, etc.

The school continues to rest on its laurels and exasperate our past, something they had no involvement in as a marketing propaganda as well. Once we saw The E before W chit, I knew we was fcked.

And we ain’t got no cool gear off field? FOH, man; if u’re a 5 star kid, u gonna take the fandom out of it, and think business.
Facts

Advertisement
He is the guy who advises a kid who ended up:

Quit the team mid-season
Lost out on playing 7 games
Burned a year of eligibility
Missed out on playing for Lashlee
Couldn't find a home during the early signing period
Couldn't find a team on NSD when nearly all remaining rides were used up
Would have missed spring ball had their been one
Signed with Illinois in Mid April

There is obviously a personal dislike there, so I wonder if there may be some bias in his opinions.
I think the nephew made his own decisions and the Uncle was supportive of his kin in whatever he decided.

Realistically you just have to go back 3 years to disprove a lot of the doomsdayers. Funny how the one year we were winning, we were the talk of the town and drawing huge ratings.

But nah, probably a coincidence.

How many kids that are committed are state champs or even multiple state champs. Some are even in contention for another one. We may have over half of the kids committed coming from state championship programs while coming off of one of the worst seasons in recent memory.
We have to do things differently here for a multitude of reasons not to mention the plethora of sharks in the local youth waters and p5 coaches swimming next to them all year long and acting like the dead period is just a suggestion.
I think there are no absolutes in all of these comments but that doesn’t mean that a lot of points aren’t valid. Miami is one of the few schools that can jump into the national spotlight and be in everyone’s lips in the blink of an eye. Wisconsin and pedophile state have had several top 10 rankings and nobody gives 3 fcks. We break the top 5 for a few weeks and people can’t stop talking about us. The sports media would love to be all over our campus and city spotlighting the team.
But it’s also true that no one has wanted to or needed to do it for the last 18 years and aren’t planning to either. For 2 weeks we saw just a glimpse of what a winning Miami team can do as far as being in the national conversation.
If we have local kids on our team and our city being spotlighted week after week then we will be back to dominating local recruiting regardless of slides facilities swimming pools or put put coarses.
Until we legit win consistently we will be posting on this merry go round circle jerk about bags, sell outs and Facilities.

It can't help to turn the tide of negativity away from the program when our own great alumni are so doomsday publicly. Certain voices have more sway than others, and when those voices are telling everyone we're doomed, then it can be even tougher to dig out of the hole. It might be a hole that Manure dug in the first place, or it might be a hole he's incapable of digging out of. But he did make some significant changes, and maybe we can ride those changes to some positive momentum, which is what we need more than anything.

We won't be winning a NC this year or next year no matter what. But we can win 10 or 11, and we saw 2 years ago what happens when this program gains any sort of traction. Take some positive steps and build on them. I don't think a HC has to be a genius to win here. We've had several guys who have proven that already.

I understand having bad feelings about Manure and company. I have the same feelings and reservations. But constantly pounding that drum publicly before the season even starts can't be helpful, especially coming from our great alums.

Advertisement
It can't help to turn the tide of negativity away from the program when our own great alumni are so doomsday publicly. Certain voices have more sway than others, and when those voices are telling everyone we're doomed, then it can be even tougher to dig out of the hole. It might be a hole that Manure dug in the first place, or it might be a hole he's incapable of digging out of. But he did make some significant changes, and maybe we can ride those changes to some positive momentum, which is what we need more than anything.

We won't be winning a NC this year or next year no matter what. But we can win 10 or 11, and we saw 2 years ago what happens when this program gains any sort of traction. Take some positive steps and build on them. I don't think a HC has to be a genius to win here. We've had several guys who have proven that already.

I understand having bad feelings about Manure and company. I have the same feelings and reservations. But constantly pounding that drum publicly before the season even starts can't be helpful, especially coming from our great alums.

Especially when they’re ridiculous feelings and wayyyyy too emotional. This guy really said if Miami wasn’t in the ACC the games would be on Telemundo lmaoooooooo. Talk about delusional. The brand is still just fine nationally. Or, just as fine as it’s always been considering the size of the school, alumni, and fanbase. Total nonsense in this thread.

Didn’t Madden 21 just come out with some college mode where you can take one of 10 or 12 schools through some process in the game? And miami is one of them, Alabama is not? But, Telemundo lol.

Uncle wast posting mid season "peace out were going to asu".
I remember talk of ASU but it always seemed to be the nephew’s decision and his uncle was supporting him. I don’t blame anyone for wanting out of the Enos offense. Additionally, I do not know this for certain, but I’m guessing that the nephew had issues with Hickson. There was a staff member who was retained that was a conflict issue from what I could piece together.

Advertisement
Especially when they’re ridiculous feelings and wayyyyy too emotional. This guy really said if Miami wasn’t in the ACC the games would be on Telemundo lmaoooooooo. Talk about delusional. The brand is still just fine nationally. Or, just as fine as it’s always been considering the size of the school, alumni, and fanbase. Total nonsense in this thread.

Didn’t Madden 21 just come out with some college mode where you can take one of 10 or 12 schools through some process in the game? And miami is one of them, Alabama is not? But, Telemundo lol.
We're a marquee program no matter what anyone says. If and when we get rolling it'll be giant national news. And everyone will want to board the bus. We just need to take some baby steps in the right direction. Win 10 this year. Battle the fck out of Clemson in the ACC title game. Win a big bowl game. Then do the same thing next year but maybe beat Clemson. Repeat again.

We need to start owning the Coastal first, and that's completely doable. Do that, and it will translate into major heat in recruiting. We'll still lose some local guys like we always have. Booch didn't make his bones signing a bunch of 5 stars. He got beat regularly by UF and FSU and others for the big fish. He even got beat by LaTech for a kid (Randle?). He made his bones evaluating.

We're a marquee program no matter what anyone says. If and when we get rolling it'll be giant national news. And everyone will want to board the bus. We just need to take some baby steps in the right direction. Win 10 this year. Battle the fck out of Clemson in the ACC title game. Win a big bowl game. Then do the same thing next year but maybe beat Clemson. Repeat again.

We need to start owning the Coastal first, and that's completely doable. Do that, and it will translate into major heat in recruiting. We'll still lose some local guys like we always have. Booch didn't make his bones signing a bunch of 5 stars. He got beat regularly by UF and FSU and others for the big fish. He even got beat by LaTech for a kid (Randle?). He made his bones evaluating.

1 billion percent correct. In 2017 they spent 10 minutes on Finebaum’s show talking about Miami every god**** day, and it’s broadcast on the SEC network. This irrelevant brand nonsense is some of the most comical **** I’ve read on here in a long time. You know who has relevant brands? Programs who win a lot of football games. It’s always that and only that. Such nonsense crybabies on this board.

Absolutely. Especially when that alum has an obvious personal dislike for Manny, that is further fueled by a very public divorce.

Advertisement
Back