James Williams will be a cane

You really think this brand is a LOT STRONGER THAN IT IS. An independent Miami would be on telemundo basically. There is very little national interest in us for quite awhile. That's the biggest factor. You can't successfully market something no one wants. You keep bringing us up because you see us as a fan rather than anyone outside of that base.
Any Miami team that is winning will Always be part of the National convo and sells. It always has. So while their may not be a lot of heat, marlin, or hurricane fans in the US and abroad, there sure as **** are a lot of fans of the city of Miami. So if a Miami team is on top that merch sells. And all these marketing people talk to each other. No one wants to wear a bama shirt in nyc or Chicago even if they win 5 straight natty’s. But if the canes are winning someone is gonna cop our **** at the mall from Cali to Argentina and in Europe. I’ve always said that this school is sitting on a gold mine and they fail to take advantage of it cause they get so much medical research and grant money. Nike didn’t decide to make our gear cause we were winning. They made our gear cause we were selling. So while that was 20 ago I’m sure anyone from the Caribbean or South America or nyc can tell you that Miami heat gear sold everywhere. Cleveland could only LJ sht. No one in Peru was buying a **** cavaliers hat. But they bought and still buy heat gear.
Lakers are the same sht. Lakers win and you see their gear in the **** Namibian dessert on a hyena.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@dsddcane we all know what you are saying. We are all aware of the bad coaches, terrible AD and a board that is not interested in winning the NC!! The only thing UM has is its connection with the city and its people especially Alumni like you! No one really cared about UM except the city and its players! We need to understand the only thing that will save us and bring us back is if former players and greats support because of the love they have for the program and that U (not for the coach, not for the AD and not for the board). Only when you and the other greats do that and rally the city again is when we might have a chance!!! Stop bashing and trashing! The kids, parents and city read and listen to you and other former players. Why would they want to come and restore it, if players that made it and “love” it only trash it! Believe it or not the former players are the only ones that can get this city back to loving, respecting and repping them CANES!

Thank u brother. And just like all other fights worth fighting it's not a preacher it's a choir. The more people giving them facts maybe we can force some kind of change. I know I finally opened the eyes of a certain dumb *** board member who thinks the school itself is all that matters. You just gotta find a common point they can all understand than break it down for them. In the boards case that's all numbers.
Keep fighting and keep opening their eyes man. I used to homer it up till I put myself in a recruits shoes and was honest about it.

It's true, I can only distance myself from the program to a point. But the recruiting success underlines my point. Right now Miami is sitting at #11 in the 2021 recruiting rankings, coming off a 6 win season. Every single program ahead of Miami is a notorious cheater and bag dropper- every single one. Miami had the #15 class in 2020, again, coming off a terrible year. And now Miami stands a decent chance of being in the top 10 in 2021 (I don't know how far it moves if Williams and Taylor sign with Miami, but I figure it gets us into top 6). How can you explain that? Diaz's magnetic personality? Or do you think Miami is dropping bags as well?
Bags every school drops bags

I like Manny 🤷‍♂️. He is far from a finished product as a college HC. I'm willing to give him this year to change my mind. I'm of the belief Enos didn't do what he promised/said he would do. Also, Manny and staff seem to be above average recruiters. How they do it doesn't concern me because the proof is in the pudding. Finishing 6-7 and landing a top 12 class is amazing. I also like what they're doing this year. Go Canes.

How you gonna say they are “above average recruiters” and then say “Finishing 6-7 and landing a top 12 class is amazing”..? Lol
Top 12 is good recruiting, not elite, but definitely not above average. And especially after a bad season as you said.

Advertisement
Any Miami team that is winning will Always be part of the National convo and sell. It always has. So while their may not be a lot of heat, marlin, or hurricane fans in the US and abroad, there sure is **** are a lot of fans of Miami. So if a Miami team is on top that merch sells. And all these marketing people talk to each other. No one wants to wear a bama shirt in nyc or Chicago even if they win 5 straight natty’s. But if the canes are winning someone is gonna cop our **** at the mall from Cali to Argentina and in Europe. I’ve always said that this school is sitting on a gold mine and they fail to take advantage of it cause they get so much medical research and grant money. Nike didn’t decide to make our gear cause we were winning. They made our gear cause we were selling. So while that was 20 ago I’m sure anyone from the Caribbean or South America or nyc can tell you that Miami heat gear sold everywhere. Cleveland could only LJ sht. No one in Peru was buying a **** cavaliers hat. But they bought and still buy heat gear.
Lakers are the same sht. Lakers win and you see their gear in the **** Namibian dessert on a hyena.
People either want to see Miami win or see Miami lose. Not many programs can say that.

Not only that but in Miami we're basically a third option among locals as well. How you think day and ufag got so big in our city? It's cause we've out priced ourselves from our locals except the upper class and our admissions or academic scholarship standards(while not what they were)are still not realistic to most. It sickens me how often I see ufag or fspoo **** all around Miami. Go to a **** sporting goods store other than a dedicated canes one & you'll see next to nothing of ours but fspoo or ufag everywhere... Miami has no footprint in Miami. That's reality.

Brotha; I’m SOOOOO GLAD u said this. I asked the ? yrs sho, yet no one had an answer; how does Miami’s “flagship station” have a segment w Jimbo Fisher? I said even when USC sucked, the only time a UCLA segment was on was during RIVALRY WEEK, not a daily show.

Yet, ppl literally thought that someone coming to Miami b/c it’s in the city of Miami that would help w the likeness clause. Players from UFAG & FSPOO get more love in our own scene. Our image is shot, our rep is hanging on a thread. The NLI allows these kids to get paid forwards and backwards by these schools. And since we’re not getting kids paid that high NFL contract anymore, this chit is going to suck unless we turn it around on the field.

I feel like some fan’s sense of nostalgia interferes with the reality of today.

Just curious as to why you think ESPN would pay for and air THREE 30 for 30s about the Miami Hurricanes if there isnt a large national audience?
Jesus Christ man you're living in the past. Were speaking about NOW the last decade or two atleast. All sports are based upon the teams that are hot. That's what makes you relevant. You can't barely exist in the coastal and think you matter. Also ESPN is outsourcing those specials. Just like all the others on there it's done to capitalize on peoples sense of nostalgia... You're burying yourself with the points you bring up. I've been featured in two of those 30 for 30s now and it certainly has nothing to do with having such a big fan base. It has to do with we were easily the most dominant football team of our era. WE WERE... NOT WHAT YOU SEE HERE NOW. Furthermore you have such national attention at the time because so many of us went on to either dominate or atleast be key factors in the NFL. You also throw in the coaches we had at the time dominating either college or in Jimmy's case the NFL. That was those factors. But if you wanna believe a team that can't even consistently win in the ACC coastal is relevant to anyone outside of that fan base than you feel free. I'll stick to reality. I did my part for this university and I always will. It's my family at the end of the day. I'm **** proud of what me and my brothers accomplished. The stuff I see now I'm ashamed of honestly.

Advertisement
@dsddcane we all know what you are saying. We are all aware of the bad coaches, terrible AD and a board that is not interested in winning the NC!! The only thing UM has is its connection with the city and its people especially Alumni like you! No one really cared about UM except the city and its players! We need to understand the only thing that will save us and bring us back is if former players and greats support because of the love they have for the program and that U (not for the coach, not for the AD and not for the board). Only when you and the other greats do that and rally the city again is when we might have a chance!!! Stop bashing and trashing! The kids, parents and city read and listen to you and other former players. Why would they want to come and restore it, if players that made it and “love” it only trash it! Believe it or not the former players are the only ones that can get this city back to loving, respecting and repping them CANES!
You don't know the things I continue to do for this university. You see a board that people are anonymous on. You don't know my feeds,my phone calls,my support or anything else. Regardless of the fact these staphs from board down INTENTIONALLY sabotage the program we still always do our part. However sugarcoating **** and lying to people ain't my thing. I have no filters and never did. People take it as they choose. But if you settle for all of this than bigger picture is you and all the people like you are part of the problem not the solution. I don't bash anything. I speak truth simple and plain.

Keep fighting and keep opening their eyes man. I used to homer it up till I put myself in a recruits shoes and was honest about it.
That's the problem. Fans wanna be nothing but fans. People approach this with a lil less tint. A recruit has options. Why shouldn't they make the right choice for them.

Brotha; I’m SOOOOO GLAD u said this. I asked the ? yrs sho, yet no one had an answer; how does Miami’s “flagship station” have a segment w Jimbo Fisher? I said even when USC sucked, the only time a UCLA segment was on was during RIVALRY WEEK, not a daily show.

Yet, ppl literally thought that someone coming to Miami b/c it’s in the city of Miami that would help w the likeness clause. Players from UFAG & FSPOO get more love in our own scene. Our image is shot, our rep is hanging on a thread. The NLI allows these kids to get paid forwards and backwards by these schools. And since we’re not getting kids paid that high NFL contract anymore, this chit is going to suck unless we turn it around on the field.

I feel like some fan’s sense of nostalgia interferes with the reality of today.

we live in the world where a lot of fan base thinks we get to just **** on programs like UNC and Pitt because they don’t understand we are the same program right now. This year will be 19 years since our last ship. This senior class wasn’t born the last time we won big. Yet, we think we are superior to programs that we have similar success to over the last 15 years. It boggles the mind. One 10 win season will not fix that. Just win is a myth unless it’s perpetual. We don’t get the same benefit of the doubt. Eventually we will have to over perform a few seasons in a row to get to nationally elite.

That's the problem. Fans wanna be nothing but fans. People approach this with a lil less tint. A recruit has options. Why shouldn't they make the right choice for them.
Facts man then they bs and say they would still go to UM which is absolute bullshyt. They are not these kids man and they can never see through those kids lenses. Like when u honestly put yourself in their shoes u kind of understand it.....money is money and that's it. We all chase money we all do it so who's to say we won't choose the bag?

Advertisement
Jesus Christ man you're living in the past. Were speaking about NOW the last decade or two atleast. All sports are based upon the teams that are hot. That's what makes you relevant. You can't barely exist in the coastal and think you matter. Also ESPN is outsourcing those specials. Just like all the others on there it's done to capitalize on peoples sense of nostalgia... You're burying yourself with the points you bring up. I've been featured in two of those 30 for 30s now and it certainly has nothing to do with having such a big fan base. It has to do with we were easily the most dominant football team of our era. WE WERE... NOT WHAT YOU SEE HERE NOW. Furthermore you have such national attention at the time because so many of us went on to either dominate or atleast be key factors in the NFL. You also throw in the coaches we had at the time dominating either college or in Jimmy's case the NFL. That was those factors. But if you wanna believe a team that can't even consistently win in the ACC coastal is relevant to anyone outside of that fan base than you feel free. I'll stick to reality. I did my part for this university and I always will. It's my family at the end of the day. I'm **** proud of what me and my brothers accomplished. The stuff I see now I'm ashamed of honestly.

Bro; I’m glad u responded b/c I was about to say ESPN just capitalized off of Jordan’s Bulls. Noticed I said Jordan’s Bulls, and not The Chicago Bulls. The Nostalgia of that period of time captivated audiences nationwide; but does anyone give af about The Bulls today? Absolutely not.

The U took football over by storm in a brief period of time, and we did it our way. We broke the mold of college football, and was....I repeat, WAS must watch TV. Fans that hated us, wanted to watch us lose. We slapped every blue blood in the mouth w/ our pipe. Of course the nostalgia of our team was, and I repeat, WAS must watch.

Majority of ESPN’s 30/30 are aired and polarized from a nostalgia standpoint. We are living in that standpoint. Today is not yesterday. The dancing that’s going on today is not the same dancing as yesterday. The fact that a TO chain was established to create enthusiasm on defense is saddening in itself.

I’m looking forward to this season; the fan side says we should be in the ACCCG vying for a CFP spot w this talent & this schedule; but the rational side is still pessimistic, cautioning & bracing myself for another 6-8 win season.

Last edited:
Facts man then they bs and say they would still go to UM which is absolute bullshyt. They are not these kids man and they can never see through those kids lenses. Like when u honestly put yourself in their shoes u kind of understand it.....money is money and that's it. We all chase money we all do it so who's to say we won't choose the bag?

We ain’t never been a bag school, not like the deep South schools. But we were a bag school in the sense kids would rather turn down a bag, come to the U, and it was a right of passage to the NFL as a 1st - 3rd rounder. Dang near guaranteed. So in 3-4 yrs, these kids figured, I’ll stay away from the $50-$125k to go play at Bumfck University, to cash in 10’s of millions for the NFL by going to The U.

Now, we got chit to offer. We put up graphics of guys from Miami in the NFL, yet majority of them are barely hanging on and barely drafted. That chit ain’t attractive. So we offer $0 bag incentives, and guys getting drafted in the 4th - 7th round along w a grip of UDFAs? Naw; they taking their talents to the schools pumping out dough & NFL money: The Bama’s, LSUs, Clemson’s, OSUs, OUs, etc.

The school continues to rest on its laurels and exasperate our past, something they had no involvement in as a marketing propaganda as well. Once we saw The E before W chit, I knew we was fcked.

And we ain’t got no cool gear off field? FOH, man; if u’re a 5 star kid, u gonna take the fandom out of it, and think business.

Last edited:
2020 class is already done. #15 is damned impressive on a 6 win season. The 2021 rankings will be hugely different- Bama is actually behind Miami in 2021 right now. That of course wont be the case come signing day. Who are the projected drops or dudes playing games? Collins? As far as I can tell, the class should be about what it is now. We are just waiting on a couple big possibilities like Garcia, Taylor, and Williams. If they sign (and I think they do if Miami has a good season), I don't think it's a stretch to say we end up with top 8 class.
Bama often is behind us at this point. I’ve noticed that before... and then they close.

How many more commits do we have than them right now? What’s their average commit’s ranking vs ours?

Edit: Here’s the answers. They’ve caught up a lot in the last 2 weeks;

B189F996-0D5C-4882-9222-68ADA09F7A5D.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not reading through all of this shít. Did something terrible happen in regards to recruiting? I only ask bc I see the 1st Team All Mope Squad members in here having a field day with their anti Miami routines. Misery loves company.

I genuinely think some of y’all are going to be upset when we’re winning this fall, on the field and in recruiting. You’ll have to find something else to be pessimistic and miserable about.

Last edited:
I’m not reading through all of this shít. Did something terrible happen in regards to recruiting? I only ask bc I see the 1st Team
All Mope Squad members in here having a field day with their anti Miami routines. Misery loves company.

I genuinely think some of y’all are going to be upset when we’re winning this fall, on the field and in recruiting. Will have to find something else to be pessimistic and miserable about.
Did you just go full ****** and ask "Did something terrible happen in regards to recruiting"???.....Yeah.....17yrs of terrible evaluating...by equally inept Coaching staffs...

Advertisement
Back