James Williams will be a cane

Advertisement
Advertisement
So he put us in his “top 2” after leaving us out and commits to the other team a few days later. Why do y’all think that is? Hmmm. Maybe it’s to make sure we get kicked in the nuts on the way out of town?

That seems like a shady thing to do. You think that's the case?

That seems like a shady thing to do. You think that's the case?

Yes. I think, especially at UGa, there is an investment made to get the local kids to not only leave town but to drag us on the way out. They cannot have us look like a viable option on the trail. Especially if we start winning some h2h recruiting battles. We have to look like a JV option

Advertisement
What's the average SEC payout for a 5 star nowadays? 350k? Genuinely curious. Stevenson got 250, so I assume it has to be above that now.
I asked the same question about a year ago. What's the "salary cap" for a Georgia or Alabama. Is it $10M/year? $20M?

Or do we eventually get to the point where college teams are outspending their NFL cousins?

**** it wouldn’t surprise me that Bama and UGA have $20million payrolls for bagmen. With the size of both schools and their alumni they could easily afford that and more. No way a small private school can match that regardless of support. We really, REALLY need to up our game on the field and start winning 10+ consistently. That seems to be the only reason we can check off their list of demands. I’m sure we throw some weight around $ wise but it’s nowhere close to the payrolls those two programs provide. And now we’ve got UT to worry about poaching too, along with the local universities. Makes for an even more important need to evaluate talent and not just be enamored with *’s.

Advertisement
**** it wouldn’t surprise me that Bama and UGA have $20million payrolls for bagmen. With the size of both schools and their alumni they could easily afford that and more. No way a small private school can match that regardless of support. We really, REALLY need to up our game on the field and start winning 10+ consistently. That seems to be the only reason we can check off their list of demands. I’m sure we throw some weight around $ wise but it’s nowhere close to the payrolls those two programs provide. And now we’ve got UT to worry about poaching too, along with the local universities. Makes for an even more important need to evaluate talent and not just be enamored with *’s.

If we win a championship, 5 star recruits will say they want to see Miami repeat before committing. Doesn't matter what the record is.

Our defensive staff was never winning this battle. Offensive staff? Maybe. But the Defensive staff just don’t have it.

Avantae Williams disagrees. You know how many 5 star recruits "super recruiter" Mark Richt landed in 3 years at Miami? Zero. UGA boosters were giving him a little extra help behind the scenes at UGA. Was he going to ask for help? No. He has some integrity, which is more than I can say for most SEC and some ACC coaches. Was Richt going to report it to the NCAA if he suspected the boosters dropped bags? No. He wasn't going to kill the golden goose.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we win a championship, 5 star recruits will say they want to see Miami repeat before committing. Doesn't matter what the record is.
Probably so @TimeB0mb , probably so. We need to get on a roll here and become consistent Top 15 every year. I like that Lashlee brought in some other OC candidates in the event, or should I say; when he leaves. Hopefully Likens or Justice so we can build continuity so the kids see it. Throw an exciting brand of football on the field and hopefully it sways kids. Do we think Clemson has the deep pockets to content with the Bama’s, LSU’s, and Georgia’s of the $EC?

Yes. I think, especially at UGa, there is an investment made to get the local kids to not only leave town but to drag us on the way out. They cannot have us look like a viable option on the trail. Especially if we start winning some h2h recruiting battles. We have to look like a JV option

That makes sense. They cant be liking our momentum right now. Im sure they took the Brinson commit personal, and they want to get their little revenge. Hopefully they get duped in the end.

Avantae Williams disagrees. You know how many 5 star recruits "super recruiter" Mark Richt landed in 3 years at Miami? Zero. UGA boosters were giving him a little extra help behind the scenes. Was he going to ask for help? No. He has some integrity, which is more than I can say for most SEC and some ACC coaches. Was Richt going to report it to the NCAA if he suspected the boosters dropped bags? No. He wasn't going to kill the golden goose.

Good for Avantae I guess? I’m not sure what that has to do with anything? This is like the random 4* Rumph will land that people use to show he doesn’t suck on the trail.

And Mark Richt was a shell of what he was in his prime while at Miami.

Advertisement
Back