James Williams playin'

What he has to show for it?

A free education to a private institution. The value of that full ride? $200,904! That's half of James' $400K offer.

AR, like many D1 football athletes, gets the opportunity to earn a degree in a field from a highly regarded institution & make far more money than $400K.

He can have plenty to show for it. He just has to continue to grind like he has been which has gotten him to be in this position anyway.

Realistically, $400K isn't a lot of money nowadays. A couple cars, a house & boom. It's all good. ****, you can spend it all on a set of grills. Also, it's short-sighted thinking to take the money & dip. Stay home, be treated well, make some money at UM & become a legend in your own city. A city that gives 2 ***** about you. To Bama & all these other schools, you're a pawn. If you get hurt, they couldn't care less.
But kids dont think like this 400k to them is 400k and they are going to take it

Advertisement
Again it's not the same thing. You dont have control over who drafts you. You have the choice when you are a player recruited like he will be to go where you want. Doing the things he is doing is not the way to go about your business. Again you turn your back and go elsewhere I hope they bust and dont make it to the league. Maybe it will teach a lesson to younger players not to turn your back on the people who had your back first
Blows my mind that there are elements of our fanbase cucking for these high schoolers who ***** with our staff and program.

@Ripmaria8

Question...? Fam so you are stating that your lil brother as you claim retrace back his commitment just because we trusted his word which some of us MEN are raised by " your word is your bond" because we wasn't giving him enough attention? Don't take this in a negative light my brother just need to get clarification ? I'm curious. How long was the period of time we stop talking to him and why? Did he express this toward the coaches and spoke up? If so? The reason behind it since he is technically graduating in 2021??? I wanna see the blueprint on our approach in how we recruit for 2020, 2021 especially James Williams being #1 national recruit in its class? If this staff indeed drop the ball? A lot of questions going into this. Very hard to understand the staff just stop talking to elite player like that unless they felt something was wrong in his recruitment.-Red Flags? IDK but its good to see he is finally open to us. - With that said why is that now?

I'm sure the CANESINSIGHT family will like to know all of this as well. Any feedback is greatly appreciated . Thanks

Yes, nothing wrong with exploring all options but in the real world if you commit to something then you should stand by it. - If a bill is due then that mutha**** is due or you getting taxed with a late fee which leads to negative credit on your behalf.-Metaphorically speaking in this situation . 👀

P.S. -

Go Canes!
Your word was always your bond at 16 huh? Sure.

Your word was always your bond at 16 huh? Sure.

Since you at me on this topic I will reply with this statement .

I was raised by principles : "If your heart is not in it ? Don't say or do it! Just that simple.‼ 💣

Blessings to you and thanks for posting my brother.

Now carry on.... and Go Canes!

Advertisement
I’m not doing it to myself. I have no doubt that he’s a Canes fan but this shît’s become depressing. There’s a pattern out there for some time now and the kids at this level or close to this level who end up coming here are the exception not the rule. Makes you appreciate Gurvan, Duke and AR a lot. I hope those guys will always see rewards for life in the 305.

I’m not doing it to myself. I have no doubt that he’s a Canes fan but this shît’s become depressing. There’s a pattern out there for some time now and the kids at this level or close to this level who end up coming here are the exception not the rule. Makes you appreciate Gurvan, Duke and AR a lot. I hope those guys will always see rewards for life in the 305.
Correct thing to do. Anyone who thinks we have a prayer with this kid is just hurting themselves at this point. And in the extremely unlikely scenario that the kid that will get hundreds of thousands of dollars offered in his situation turns it down, that is great news and we can all become his biggest fan.

From a UGA website:

The University of Georgia has told him it views him as another Taylor. That’s a lofty laurel to place around any young man’s shoulders. Even a kid with a 6-foot-4 frame like Williams carries.

“Be the next Sean Taylor,” James Williams said about UGA. “That’s what they all told me. That’s what coach (Bacarri) Rambo told me and what coach Kirby (Smart) told me. They tell me I’m the next Sean Taylor.”

WTF do Rambo and Smart know about SEAN TAYLOR?

I think our coaches need to start telling kids that they can be the next Joe Montana or Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice. Or the next Tom Brady or Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson. Sure. Why not?

Advertisement
Ripmaria8 coming in here & claiming UM stopped talking to the #1 player in the State who lives 15 minutes from campus & was committed at the time?!?

1567800010375.gif

He’s got a 3.7 GPA, he wants to be a mechanical engineer, and he’s had literally as horrible an upbringing as you can possibly have. This is not Josh Jobe. This is a kid being offered life changing money when he has literally zero. He’s not trolling anyone. He’s not disrespecting anyone. I’m way too old to wish ill will on a 17 year old kid for saying yes when someone opens up a duffel bag with $400k in it.

Any of you superfans pull for Le’veon Bell? What about Zeke? I’ll never hate on any man for getting what he can, when he can. I’m not 22 years old. This is a business, whether you like it or not. Even at this level.

Mechanical engineers go to GaTech, not Georgia. Auburn, not Alabama.

I hope they are always taken care of down there man

Advertisement
Man I wish people would stop with the Miami players were under the radar and now social media has made it hard for us to keep kids under wraps. SFL kids been getting heavily recruited forever. That’s why HS made it a priority to recruit sfl and stop kids from leaving to play for ND Penn St etc. what under the radar kids Miami got that wasn’t getting heavily recruited from other top schools. Difference is back then kids were loyal. We grew up wanting to beat the kids from the other block, but you know who we wanted to beat more? The kids from the other county. And you know who we all wanted to beat the most? Kids from another state because they weren’t from the bottom. Now kids don’t care **** they jump from park to park in optimist and will join a super team to run up the score on kids next door to them who house they at all the time playing video games. I mean look at that creep **** Dalvin did his last game down here smh.

If anything kids down here are more underrated now because the sellouts go and put on for Bama, UGA, and Clemson and now kids from those states get to be 5/4 star players while the sfl kids be 3 stars because everyone just see those schools winning and assume it’s the players from their neck of the woods balling out and ignore the
Tell that to someone living in poverty their whole lives
I'm one of them

Advertisement
Some of y’all get too emotional when following these recruitments and think everyone is playing Miami. Do some of them play Miami? Absolutely but not everyone, each of these recruitments are not the same no matter how much people try to equate them. Just let it play out

Just for argument sake... we either land kids or we don’t.

The elite kids we didn’t land all trolled and were on the take. Maybe the recruitments might vary just a little bit, but the majority is the same.

How many times were Stevenson and Jobe on campus? Stevenson’s mom had a hand out as did Jobes dad.

The list is too long for me to name every kid we missed out on.

He’ll we even get trolled be 3/4 star kids who aren’t big time...

WTF do Rambo and Smart know about SEAN TAYLOR?

I think our coaches need to start telling kids that they can be the next Joe Montana or Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice. Or the next Tom Brady or Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson. Sure. Why not?
Will they believe without bags along with it?

I'm one of them
Just messing with you. In the end, you never know what a kids situation is. They can have a sick parent, kids etc...Can't be judgmental. You just never know what another person is going through.

Advertisement
Back