James Williams latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing that will be good enough for more elite recruits to want back in. We are getting 3-4 of the top 10 and 5-7 of the Top 20 So Fl kids right now. But we almost never get the top 1-4 guys. They go to Bama or UGA or LSU or Ohio State.

Win the Coastal and be the clear #2 in the ACC for two years in a row and we start getting those guys, too. Plus more Bevin Jordan types from No Fl or OOS. Then we have enough talent to beat anyone.

yep

Advertisement
How about a 55-3 “proof of concept” whooping of Temple, then just delay The rest of the season till the spring. It would be the best local recruiting class in the history of the Canes.
That temple game is huge for so many reasons especially if the season is cut short as you pointed out. If we want to be a playoff team we need to win like playoff team. A playoff team demolishes temple game one. No Covid, or lack of camp, or new staff excuses.
We keep that game close and the vultures will get restless and force commitments form the top players down here. We spank that *** properly and at least it shows we ain’t the same team that faced the central Michigan gerbils.

Advertisement
Define "win." Is it actual winning like Baga and Clem$on? Or UbaGA type winning?
There's only three teams "winning" like that: Bama, Clemson and Ohio State. You might could throw Oklahoma in there since they're in the playoffs every year.

Let's not act like UGA winning 10+ games a year is the same winning as us going 7-5 and finishing third in the Coastal.

If a kid’s top 2 is Georgia and Miami then it’s almost obvious that he has intentions on turning a program around, playing early, beating a the powerhouse school of the conference (Hence why Alabama, LSU and Clemson aren’t in the running), he wants to stay home, wants to play in the SEC, or like a scheme that best fits him or play with players that he can click and grow/learn around. He’s played for American Heritage because that’s a state championship team then played for Western who is an ascending team but aren’t considered the top school similar to us. Bags don’t mean anything because there are NO promises in recruiting. You can thank Leo Lewis for that.

I’m just sayin my Brotherz, we still have a chance. I was shocked when we pulled Tae Williams considering Lingard went to Florida but this game comes with surprises.

Advertisement
There's only three teams "winning" like that: Bama, Clemson and Ohio State. You might could throw Oklahoma in there since they're in the playoffs every year.

Let's not act like UGA winning 10+ games a year is the same winning as us going 7-5 and finishing third in the Coastal.

Ohio State? They have a grand total of two titles since 1970. One of which was stolen from Miami. Again, same as Texas- given the resources at tOSU, that's a huge underachievement.

So what if they win more games. At the end of the year, if Miami wins 6 games and they win 12, both of us are going home empty handed.

I define winning differently. UGA doesn’t win anything of consequence. A conference title once every 10 years?

Their recruiting moved to the next level when Spermy Fart went so hard to the bag. They’re winning at about the same level Richt did his first few years there.

Ohio State? They have a grand total of two titles since 1970. One of which was stolen from Miami. Again, same as Texas- given the resources at tOSU, that's a huge underachievement.

So what if they win more games. At the end of the year, if Miami wins 6 games and they win 12, both of us are going home empty handed.
One team a year wins the title, and Saban has won like half of those since he's been at Bama. Everybody doesn't win multiple titles like them and Clemson. But winning 10+ wins a year, your conference and continuously being in the national conversation for the playoffs makes a huge fcking difference. Ohio State and UGA are clearly more relevant than Miami in the last ten years. Nobody gives a fck about what Miami did the 80s and 90s before these recruits were born.

I define winning differently. UGA doesn’t win anything of consequence. A conference title once every 10 years?

Their recruiting moved to the next level when Spermy Fart went so hard to the bag. They’re winning at about the same level Richt did his first few years there.
In these recruits lifetimes they've won more than Miami. Nobody gives a **** about those 80s and 90s Miami teams. Yeah, they haven't won a championship but the conversation about UGA is a lot less bleak than the conversation about disappointing Miami who's won one division title since joining the ACC. You're being disingenuous if you're gonna sit here and tell me Miami has been as successful as UGA in recent years.

Advertisement
In these recruits lifetimes they've won more than Miami. Nobody gives a **** about those 80s and 90s Miami teams. Yeah, they haven't won a championship but the conversation about UGA is a lot less bleak than the conversation about disappointing Miami who's won one division title since joining the ACC. You're being disingenuous if you're gonna sit here and tell me Miami has been as successful as UGA in recent years.
They’ve won more than we have. So has Virginia Tech and dozens of other teams. UGA pays big.

Oh I know

We could win a NC and these kids will say well they need to show me they can repeat for me to take them serious as they receive a nice $ bag from Ole Miss

People forget which is funny. I remember kids in 02 and 03 saying Miami has won a lot and I want to play early so I’m going XY and Z. We stink and kids say I wanna see wins. True Canes come! Avante Williams comes! Chaney Comes. Kids who don’t wanna be Canes make excuses or just don’t show interest. Great point you make! But if you research the kids from when we were big time they said the stuff i mentioned above

One team a year wins the title, and Saban has won like half of those since he's been at Bama. Everybody doesn't win multiple titles like them and Clemson. But winning 10+ wins a year, your conference and continuously being in the national conversation for the playoffs makes a huge fcking difference. Ohio State and UGA are clearly more relevant than Miami in the last ten years. Nobody gives a fck about what Miami did the 80s and 90s before these recruits were born.

tOSU and UGA are stacked deep with blue chips (I think OSU is #1). Yet they can't win championships. In 2017, a mediocre Miami team was in a play-in game against Clemson for the playoffs. If you are a 5 star, what difference does another 5 star make on teams that have been loaded for 3 decades and won a grand total of 2 championships between them in that time (both belonging to OSU, as you know- one of which is Miamis)

On the other hand, in that same span, Miami has 5 rings, plus 2 that would have been Miamis but for crooked calls, and 1 more that would have been Miamis but we got screwed by the pollsters (2000). So if you are a recruit and take a good look at the numbers, who has the higher probability having a championship winning program?

Frankly, you have a better chance of winning championships at LSU or UF than tOSU or UGA.

Last edited:
Advertisement
tOSU and UGA are stacked deep with blue chips (I think OSU is #1). Yet they can't win championships. In 2017, a mediocre Miami team was in a play-in game against Clemson for the playoffs. If you are a 5 star, what difference does another 5 star make on teams that have been loaded for 3 decades and won a grand total of 2 championships between them in that time (both belonging to OSU, as you know- one of which is Miamis)

On the other hand, in that same span, Miami has 5 rings, plus 2 that would have been Miamis but for crooked calls, and 1 more that would have been Miamis but we got screwed by the pollsters (2000). So if you are a recruit and take a good look at the numbers, who has the higher probability having a championship winning program?
As a fan, I feel that. But most big time recruits see the same mediocrity we see on Saturdays and would rather take they chances with a current competitor.

Why is this even an argument? I said like 2 years ago that they’ll never sniff a NC appearance again once Chubb/Michel left because you don’t replace a tandem like that. That is exactly what has occurred. That team is filled with overrated talent meant to look good on signing days but ain’t good to be anything more than the bronze medal winner. It’s going to be like that until they get an elite head coach in the mold of Saban, Swinney, or Meyer. UGA is a 2nd tier program and will always be. They will never have the talent base of Miami/USC or the notoriety of Bama to get them over the hump.

Frankly, you have a better chance of winning championships at LSU or UF than tOSU or UGA.

why should a kid care about miami in the 80s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back