JAMES WILLIAMS is not hurt

My point with Saban is we have two experienced guys in the back end who were also talented coming out of high school..with hall, posters clamored for him to see the field more as a TF too...now the cycle continues with Williams..it’s not a defense for 26 starting. 26 is starting because at this point in the szn TROB/manny feel he has a better grasp of the position. Which makes sense ..the original post I responded to was someone saying James was t playing..he has been in some dime packages the first 2 games. He’s only got a few weeks of fall camp under his belt, so this idea that he SHOULD be cutting into 21 &26 snaps RN is crazy too me. Let the youngins get worked in..I’m not questioning TROBs rotation at all after 2 games..and we know if it was t for the Tae situation it would be 21,26,15..kam wouldn’t be the rotation of balom..I expect 56 to really get a chance next week along with 41
26 can tackle its simple. he routinely blows coverages. Avantae was in line to take his spot for a reason.

Advertisement
26 can tackle its simple. he routinely blows coverages. Avantae was in line to take his spot for a reason.
Again..it’s not a defense of 26..15 would be starting at FS no doubt..but 26 would be that 3rd safety..it’s clamoring for a TF who had 1 fall camp based on HS reputation..a kid the coaches CLEARLY are working in..but CIS wants him to just start..it’s ridiculous

I’m ready to watch the young freshman flash. Mistakes from them are much easier to digest than 4th year players.

It also doesn’t help that we don’t have a true FS skillset in either both Hall or Bolden, which could be, but isn’t, easily combatted by putting in a Kinchens or JW.

Again..it’s not a defense of 26..15 would be starting at FS no doubt..but 26 would be that 3rd safety..it’s clamoring for a TF who had 1 fall camp based on HS reputation..a kid the coaches CLEARLY are working in..but CIS wants him to just start..it’s ridiculous
you cant tell me that Kitchens hasn't looked better than both our safeties so far. kid gets in and forces a fumble vs Bama and 26 doesn't even have the awareness to dive on the football. true freshman or not better is just better

you cant tell me that Kitchens hasn't looked better than both our safeties so far. kid gets in and forces a fumble vs Bama and 26 doesn't even have the awareness to dive on the football. true freshman or not better is just better
No..he hasn’t looked better Imo. He’s made plays..26 has a couple TFLs so far also..I’ll put it like this, if it was 0 or 24 who separated that ball from the app state WR on that last drive, either one would be CIS first rounders…I’ll trust the football acumen of Trob who sees these guys everyday over fans who fall in love of recruiting hype..he hasn’t looked better too his position coach..that’s really the only opinion that matters

Advertisement
Grantham is a crappy DC but this season I’ve seen him adapt the old Mickey Andrews motto of “play next year’s defense THIS year” and I think Miami would be well served to do that.

Even if it’s not a whole series, no reason LT, Kitchens, Smith, and JW shouldn’t be playing 15+ snaps a half. Give them some film on themselves so they can get coached up from what they’ve done in the GAME
Impressive.....

My point with Saban is we have two experienced guys in the back end who were also talented coming out of high school..with hall, posters clamored for him to see the field more as a TF too...now the cycle continues with Williams..it’s not a defense for 26 starting. 26 is starting because at this point in the szn TROB/manny feel he has a better grasp of the position. Which makes sense ..the original post I responded to was someone saying James was t playing..he has been in some dime packages the first 2 games. He’s only got a few weeks of fall camp under his belt, so this idea that he SHOULD be cutting into 21 &26 snaps RN is crazy too me. Let the youngins get worked in..I’m not questioning TROBs rotation at all after 2 games..and we know if it was t for the Tae situation it would be 21,26,15..kam wouldn’t be the rotation of balom..I expect 56 to really get a chance next week along with 41
Everyone wants to see the highly rated players but if they suck for years, there's no more to see. Hall is what he is, not very good. Williams got in against the best team in the country and looked like he actually belonged. Manny and the coaches have brainwashed this fan base to think players need 3 years before they can even contribute when that's simply not the case. Williams and Kinchens are our two best eligible safeties right now imo, and I'm talking about their current play and not just potential.

Grantham is a crappy DC but this season I’ve seen him adapt the old Mickey Andrews motto of “play next year’s defense THIS year” and I think Miami would be well served to do that.

Even if it’s not a whole series, no reason LT, Kitchens, Smith, and JW shouldn’t be playing 15+ snaps a half. Give them some film on themselves so they can get coached up from what they’ve done in the GAME
I agree with the sentiment. But that wasn't happening versus Bama. I think that could have happened last weekend if it wasn't such a dog fight to the end. I feel pretty sure none of the staff thought the game would go that way....

We cant get young guys PT because we cant put teams away and corches are scared. Against bama we were the blown out team so it didnt matter and no pressure at that point, they had no choice but to play kitchens with bolden ejected..
IMO, the “experienced” players can’t play, so put in the younger guys…ie. if Kinchens make a typical Gurvan Hall ***** up, he may learn from it and not repeat it. Hall is a k own quantity. He’s one example of many. LB, DTs, CB (ref Ivy).

Advertisement
IMO, the “experienced” players can’t play, so put in the younger guys…ie. if Kinchens make a typical Gurvan Hall ***** up, he may learn from it and not repeat it. Hall is a k own quantity. He’s one example of many. LB, DTs, CB (ref Ivy).
If a young player come in and makes mistakes that cost you a ball game nobody is giving a coach a pass for losing..so wtf would a coach do that..fans live in this alternative reality that it can’t get worse..there’s a reason why TROB has his room set the way it is..if he felt Kitchens and Williams playing starter level snaps would give them the best chance, that’s what he’d do…position coach’s handle substitution packages

If a young player come in and makes mistakes that cost you a ball game nobody is giving a coach a pass for losing..so wtf would a coach do that..fans live in this alternative reality that it can’t get worse..there’s a reason why TROB has his room set the way it is..if he felt Kitchens and Williams playing starter level snaps would give them the best chance, that’s what he’d do…position coach’s handle substitution packages
Not saying to give them stayer level snaps, but get them into the rotation.

People talk about experience but Bolden and Hall are blowing coverages constantly. They also take bad angles and miss tackles. Hall is decent at tackling, but that’s it. Bubba....doesn’t really do anytning a freshman with more talent couldn’t do.

Advertisement
So you know more about the personnel than TRob..is Trob a “croch” now because he isn’t starting a hyped TF who only had a fall camp of experience? Now Williams is a better option RIGHT NOW then 21&26..based off HS. Some treat this **** like it’s madden or NCAA

Man, people just don't get it or didn't play the game.

Is Williams a talent? For sure, no doubt about that. My guess, he doesn't know his assignments and if you want a real disaster, you put him out there and a real dumb defensive scheme looks even worse.

I would absolutely get him on the field though as games allow. None of that cute Diaz crap, just have him play back as a true safety.

I would also get him on the field at WR. He catches with his hands, goes up for the ball, and we don't have a guy like him right now at receiver. I'm not switching him, but as his reps will be extremely limited, put him where he can help this team.

People talk about experience but Bolden and Hall are blowing coverages constantly. They also take bad angles and miss tackles. Hall is decent at tackling, but that’s it. Bubba....doesn’t really do anytning a freshman with more talent couldn’t do.

Bubba does fine and is going to miss some tackles as he's being used. He should be sitting back playing center field. He's asked to come up and play as almost another linebacker at times because of this whack *** defense we play and the front seven are average at best.

You put Bolden or Williams in a cover two defense, they would be killing it out there. You gotta have the horse up front to run it though and we don't up front.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back