James Williams Florida gatorade player of the year.

Advertisement
I sat with Brandon Harris's family at the State Championship game here in Orlando that yr....
Question, do you think it was his speed that caused him to not be the Pro most thought he would? I know he ran track but that seemed to be his knock in the NFL to me. I always like the kid though.

Advertisement
Question, do you think it was his speed that caused him to not be the Pro most thought he would? I know he ran track but that seemed to be his knock in the NFL to me. I always like the kid though.
He was Top 4 or 5 Fastest Canes ever....but his head wasn't screwed on right....That Limo BS was the beginning of the end....In HS he was pure Sick...a Hometown kid (Ft Myers)....I went to North Ft Myers (PrimeTime...Warren Williams...Noel Devine)....Jammi went to Ft Myers...

He was Top 4 or 5 Fastest Canes ever....but his head wasn't screwed on right....That Limo BS was the beginning of the end....In HS he was pure Sick...a Hometown kid (Ft Myers)....I went to North Ft Myers (PrimeTime...Warren Williams...Noel Devine)....Jammi went to Ft Myers...
See I knew he ran track but like the 800M, never thought he had that pure on the field speed, or didn't play like it.

Thank for the insight, I was always curious

See I knew he ran track but like the 800M, never thought he had that pure on the field speed, or didn't play like it.

Thank for the insight, I was always curious
He was hampered with injuries at UM...But was a True 4.3 in HS....He was timed at a 4.2 (Hand timed) in HS....Blinding Speed....but I've never seen anyone run 40-50yds (On Turf...not a Track) Faster than Froggy Shipman....He beat Randall Hill...Hester...Kevin Williams etc....even 6-7yrs after he left UM...

He was hampered with injuries at UM...But was a True 4.3 in HS....He was timed at a 4.2 (Hand timed) in HS....Blinding Speed....but I've never seen anyone run 40-50yds (On Turf...not a Track) than Froggy Shipman....He beat Randall Hill...Hester...Kevin Williams etc....even 6-7yrs after he left UM...
I had heard stories of Froggy, speed demon.

Advertisement
All I know about this kid..is that everytime Matthew Suero was live texting updates from his games this year (esp in the playoffs) on the Recruiting Board this kid was making game changing plays every game and he made his presence known! He is a game changing level Safety IMO. And to have him, KK and Avantae playing together for at least 1 year (hopefully 2) will be special to see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Even bigger is pulling a highly rated 5* kid from Surtain and American Heritage.

This has implications for future recruiting and can be used as a benchmark for other recruits. Now we just have to make sure that he is developed.
Manny needs to get him and Taylor on the field early and often

This veteran loyalty nonsense has to stop

Man, when it was rumored he might be a UGA lean, I said it wouldn’t have been a big loss b/c he looked like a kid who was too big to play the S position & he looked a bit stiff. Well after long discussions w/ @gogeta4 when I made a comparison to Taylor Mays, I went back & watched the youngin & he was a complete athlete. Slowly became one of my favorite players in the class of ‘21. When he popped, he became my favorite.

Hearing his story, losing his mom b4 he even got to truly know his mom...man, we better not f this up. I want to this dude to succeed beyond belief. This is y I criticize these soccer moms that try to bash football; for a lot of these young men, it’s an escape & a means to rectify any injustice they face. Cant wait to see Mr. Williams in Orange & Green.
Agree Rell you’d have to be a ********* not to root this young man on after all he’s been through. Here’s looking forward to not only seeing him play all 3yrs he’s here at Miami but wishing future success to him in all his future endeavors.

I just hope they let him and that he doesn't catch the "can't grasp the playbook" bug that many of our young talents seem to get.

I know we are pretty deep at safety but there's no reason for Williams not to see snaps this year. Good news is I think we blow out a handful of teams on our schedule so he should get plenty of garbage time reps to show out.

Advertisement
Back