James Williams Decommits

Advertisement
Some notes from another interview with Williams today:

- he stayed well after the tourney ended to hang with coaches, etc
- Miami showing him a lot of love. Felt good to be "home"
- leaving tomorrow with his "godfather" to go on a trip to FSU, Alabama and Georgia next week.
- Says he has no favorites. Letting his recruitment play out...
- Will be back on campus for Paradise next weekend.

Bullet 3 is why everyone knows he ain't coming

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t feel like we out of it with either of Williams or Harris but out of the 2 I believe we have a better chance at Williams right now.
Agreed. Just odd that Harris reclassified out of nowhere so his recruitment went from a marathon (1.5 years left) to a sprint (6-8 months).

Advertisement
Was it confirmed he was officially classified a 2020 recruit?

I don't think anything is a done deal yet. I would bet he has a lot of summer school ahead of him to get it done. Probably on line classes, too.

I've been reading around the Bama, UGA and Clemson boards since he decommitted. Other than a mention on the first day, there's been no talk about him at all. Now, it may all be going down behind the scenes, and that wouldn't surprise anyone. I suspect all of those schools are watching to see if he actually gets the reclassification done. UGA is taking 22/23 this cycle; Clemson supposedly has only 4 spots left. It's assumed Bama taking the full 25. I am sure if he is available and any of them really want him, they will figure out how to make room if it's last minute. But it seems to be quiet right now...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back