James Williams Decommits

What makes no sense is if Miami is really your dream school you take as much of the money as you can get then just sign with Miami. What are they going to do say I was paying him to attend UBaga or .....?

I think they give you a taste before you get there. After you get there then you get the big stuff. Houses, cars, "jobs" your parents may not need to show up for. Though I am sure if you save it instead of spend it, the taste is still probably pretty good.

Advertisement
I think they give you a taste before you get there. After you get there then you get the big stuff. Houses, cars, "jobs" your parents may not need to show up for. Though I am sure if you save it instead of spend it, the taste is still probably pretty good.

I figured, but I’m sure the taste is a nice chunk.

It's not an extreme example...it is customary for the overwhelming majority of players. I know dudes that never made a play yet were on the team at SEC schools and are taken care of... I got buddies that played at Iowa and Connecticut who are prospering bc of their alumni ties...Miami players not so much. This is facts!

My experience is different.

It's not even the boosters,,,it's their classmates, parents of their class mates etc....you make a memorable play...just be on the team...you're good....for example: Tyrone Prothro doesn't have to buy a meal in Tuscaloosa.....cush job.

Yea I think he has like a cush job at a bank or car dealership or something like that.

Advertisement
Reading this article Navarro wrote on him and...
He’s lived a hard life. He and his three siblings have been raised by his grandmother in Miami Gardens for the last 11 years.

“My mom died right in front of me,” Williams said. “She got shot 10 times right in front of me. So, it was hard. I was 5 when it happened. Sadly, it was my father. He’s in jail now.”

Jesus. That's some next level traumatizing ****.

Tough situation for the kid. It’s admirable he’s made it this far and speaks volumes of his perseverance and will.
However, people are always on the lookout for someone to take advantage of and I hope this isn’t the case.
Also, people seem to already want to get away when traumatic events happen. People get tired of being close to or seeing things that remind them of a certain situation or event. It would make sense to want to get as afar away as you can.
Unfortunately these things don’t stay when you leave. They end up coming back to effect you in ways you may not understand. Hope the young man surrounds himself with positivity and people who truly want to help him mentally and emotionally wether he’s a cane or not.

Advertisement
At least he’s away from that heritage sec influence lol

He seems to know Justin Hodges Miami cb commit well who’s also at western. So we will see what happens

Brian Blades Jr plays for Western as well.

That's a pretty strange transfer for a kid like this if you ask me & the fact he's saying #StraightBusiness is an eye opener too.

Western isn't known to be a school that funnels bags or recruits to certain places (that I know of), so I wonder what brought this about?

Advertisement
I read somewhere with a poster claiming this was going to happen about a month ago. Seemed to also be influenced by the Pork Chop guy...

Idk if this will be a good thing or not.

Advertisement
Whoever Big40 is posted this a month ago on another site when he decommitted. Think this is interesting.

Brian Blades Jr plays for Western as well.

That's a pretty strange transfer for a kid like this if you ask me & the fact he's saying #StraightBusiness is an eye opener too.

Western isn't known to be a school that funnels bags or recruits to certain places (that I know of), so I wonder what brought this about?

i tried to tell im pretty plugged in on this one. It isnt strange at all if you know his situation. He wasnt a Heritage kid to begin with.(Opa Locka kid). Heritage has had people leaving there like flies so it made sense for him to go to Western.

They all play on the same 7 on 7 team hence why they(Hodges, Williams) were in Atlanta for a 7 on 7 tourney and went to see Uga and Clemson since both schools are nearby. ( when alot of yall went bizerk about it)

He'll likely finish his high school career at Western. There is a lot of misreads into him/situation and the people around it...by folks who really dont know or are mad that they cant have some control over the situation.

Advertisement
Back