James Williams Decommits

Yes..we have to kill it on evaluations. I mean absolutely kill it.
We can’t offer the level of inducements other schools do..not even close. They’re in a whole other universe as far as what they’re giving the top guys.

Also, if the game ever gets broken wide open by feds or investigations then the playing field will get leveled. All kinds of IRS, conspiracy and even banking laws are being broken. But these are process crimes and hard to prosecute..but it could happen.

There’s always hope, brother.

Right now we have to be 100% on point with our evaluations. And get those mid-level four stars that are going to be superstars.

“ if the the game ever gets broken wide open by the feds or investigations then the playing field will get leveled”

THIS is the ONLY way the playing field of CFB EVER comes close to being level again.You might have the occasional team like a Miami or the like sneak into the playoffs but today’s game is ALL about recruiting the elite kids and these kids for the most part are all about “ what can you do for me and my family.Im good to the highest bidder”.

The amount of things in totality ( money,housing,jobs,etc.) being given to the elite kids is mind boggling nowadays and is only getting worse.You will have an elite kid that just wants to play for the home team stay home from time to time but for the most part it is a bidding war for these type players and dream if you want but Miami as is the case with 95% of CFB can’t compete at that level.

Of all the teams in the 95% of CFB at that big financial disadvantage we have as good of a chance as any of them to break the big boys club and get into the CFP but to think that we will ever get back to where we were 20-25 yrs ago is a pipe dream.

Unless of course the feds do decide to investigate this like they did CBB.

Advertisement
“ if the the game ever gets broken wide open by the feds or investigations then the playing field will get leveled”

THIS is the ONLY way the playing field of CFB EVER comes close to being level again.You might have the occasional team like a Miami or the like sneak into the playoffs but today’s game is ALL about recruiting the elite kids and these kids for the most part are all about “ what can you do for me and my family.Im good to the highest bidder”.

The amount of things in totality ( money,housing,jobs,etc.) being given to the elite kids is mind boggling nowadays and is only getting worse.You will have an elite kid that just wants to play for the home team stay home from time to time but for the most part it is a bidding war for these type players and dream if you want but Miami as is the case with 95% of CFB can’t compete at that level.

Of all the teams in the 95% of CFB at that big financial disadvantage we have as good of a chance as any of them to break the big boys club and get into the CFP but to think that we will ever get back to where we were 20-25 yrs ago is a pipe dream.

Unless of course the feds do decide to investigate this like they did CBB.
yea i never see us back like the way we were or on clemson or bamas level, thats starts with the coach on the trail. U have gifted coaches that when they are hired everything gets brought to next level. Here we have not seen that yet as far as recruiting goes, is it good enough for Coastal? yes barely assuming we miss out on elite kids yearly but the good ole days thats definitely over. I used to think it wasnt thats why it was heart breaking to finally admit that

yea i never see us back like the way we were or on clemson or bamas level, thats starts with the coach on the trail. U have gifted coaches that when they are hired everything gets brought to next level. Here we have not seen that yet as far as recruiting goes, is it good enough for Coastal? yes barely assuming we miss out on elite kids yearly but the good ole days thats definitely over. I used to think it wasnt thats why it was heart breaking to finally admit that

I’m not seeing year after year championships, but with the right coach and the right evaluations, we can start banging on the door fairly soon.

Once that happens, it gets easier to get all the guys that are rated right under the bag chasing South Florida diva five stars.

So you get a roster full of those, you can win anything. But we need excellent evaluations and top coaching. Definitely should not give up hope.

I have not given up hope, and never will. Because there is a formula. And it’s a formula can work for us.

Advertisement
I’m not seeing year after year championships, but with the right coach and the right evaluations, we can start banging on the door fairly soon.

Once that happens, it gets easier to get all the guys that are rated right under the bag chasing South Florida diva five stars.

So you get a roster full of those, you can win anything. But we need excellent evaluations and top coaching. Definitely should not give up hope.

I have not given up hope, and never will. Because there is a formula. And it’s a formula can work for us.
We need like back to back to back 10 win years so kids can trust us that we arent some one year luck thing

I will keep saying this...at somebody point in the near future CFB is going to be upended. There are several issues simmering:

1. Universities are earning insane amounts of revenue, but players get nothing
2. Public dollars are going towards funding a sport that produces head trauma
3. Student activity fees are being raised to help finance these programs, that despite the insane amount of revenue do not generally create enough to be profitable
4. There is an arms race to produce the most opulent athletic facility possible. Luxurious confines with water slides and golf courses. These are not available to common students, just the players.
5. Several schools and their boosters are likely spending more paying players and their families under the table that professional sports teams. Who spends more to get their players? Alabama? Or a NBA G League or XFL team? If one player can supposedly get 250K - imagine what the entire Crimson Tide team costs.

During the next recession, a politician is going to start pointing this out. And college students - facing crippling debt yet unable to even enter the palatial facilities built for players - will start mobilizing. This will become an issue in the decade to come, and I anticipate that multiple schools - if not entire states - will drop college football. Ironically I think Miami might be better situated to weather these issues than perhaps a U Cal, Tenn, or FSU.

We need like back to back to back 10 win years so kids can trust us that we arent some one year luck thing
Getting 10 wins and winning the coastal should be a given yearly. We've always had better talent on paper. The admin/coaches have squandered the wins away.

It's like Big Paul Costello has been running this **** into the ground. Guy is so cheap he squeezes quarters until the eagle screams.

Kid is being shopped around by his handler from what IV heard.

Thanks for bringing us the hard hitting news.

Advertisement
We got a bulls eye on our back and these other programs know it. They know if we try to play the game like them. Will get jacked real quick. That's why they feel they can jump in on a recruit. No matter how late it is in the game.

We get punished for offering a kid late. Whatever that means anyways but these other schools. Can jump in with the Brinks truck. 5 mins before the deadline and the kid commits.

I think that's why it's so important for Manny and company to be able not only to win consistently and get us to the ACC championship every year but also be able to develop players and get them drafted high.

He is also gonna have to win some very big games and be able to say " we don't give a flying fu*k what your recruiting ranking was or how many 5* you got. When we line up were gonna kick your ***. "

Illnever give up hope..been with this team for way too many years.But on the other hand I’m not going to delusion myself with the thought that with the way the ncaa is letting teams turn recruiting into let’s make a deal that we will ever be able to compete year to year on those teams level.

If the Feds dont want to do anything then the 95% of teams that also can’t play that game need to Speak up and start raising a stink.You get the masses screaming sHT might actually get attention.But if not and things are left as is the yearly CFP will remain the same small group of teams with the occasional outlier team like a Miami that will sneak in .

I can see the day where 40-50 teams break away from the ncaa and form their own thing so they can keep ALL the money instead of letting the ncaa take the bulk of it.At that point it will be interesting to see what side of the hill Miami will end of living on.

Advertisement
I think that's why it's so important for Manny and company to be able not only to win consistently and get us to the ACC championship every year but also be able to develop players and get them drafted high.

He is also gonna have to win some very big games and be able to say " we don't give a flying fu*k what your recruiting ranking was or how many 5* you got. When we line up were gonna kick your ***. "
Develop is a great thing. But a 4.8 will probably never develop into a 4.3.
5’9 wont develop into 6’1. So while we may develop kids and win a lot of games the school we want to become has elite athletes 2 deep everywhere.

The reasons we don’t get the elite recruits like James Williams is due to many factors:

1) alumni and booster base: it’s hard to compete with 40,000 annual graduates of a school that’s been around since 1820 when you’ve been around for less than 100 years and have 11,000 annual graduates

2) school culture: while obviously the players here are still looked at as celebrities, it pales in comparison to a college town with no professional athletes where student athletes probably never have to pay for their own meal

3) bags: maybe we do give out certain benefits idk, but if we do, it’s NOTHING close to 200K and a job for mama

4) winning: we haven’t won anything in almost 20 years and that is the norm for recruits now

Chalking this up to one specific reason is naive.

Develop is a great thing. But a 4.8 will probably never develop into a 4.3.
5’9 wont develop into 6’1. So while we may develop kids and win a lot of games the school we want to become has elite athletes 2 deep everywhere.

I agree with you on that. I'm not one that likes to live in the past but we need to embrace what made Miami what it is today. We never recruited at an elite level but our players could compete and beat teams that recruited better than us.

Advertisement
I know we dont have that network like other schools and i think the game has changed where those schools can offer more then $, they changed the modern era where they make it hard for a kid to choose UM over them where as back in the day it was easier to choose us, not only because we were better. I think the whole house and job offer to family members realy kills us.
The only thing that has changed is social media links all the elite kids throughout the country. That **** is free marketing and it makes kids see what they're each getting to go where. Nothing else is new. Its probably a good idea that fans stop putting such an emphasis on that ****. Yall dont give kids and they families enough credit. You here everything that's discussed these days.

The only thing that has changed is social media links all the elite kids throughout the country. That **** is free marketing and it makes kids see what they're each getting to go where. Nothing else is new. Its probably a good idea that fans stop putting such an emphasis on that ****. Yall dont give kids and they families enough credit. You here everything that's discussed these days.
Yeah but bama has a very small population. Most of their fans are bandwagon and the kids don’t care.
Miami was like that as well. I lived out west when we were the shizznick. I saw Miami gear out there and a lot of dudes were cane fans that weren’t from Florida at all. Everyone likes a winner. The heat had fans all over the country when bron was here.
Kids want to follow. No one wants to be the man or the team that says we put Miami back on the map. Kids out there risking their bodies but won’t risk the sure thing. The sure thing is that if Miami wins were a national brand plain and simple.
What kids need to know is that winnng here will also bring fans out he woodwork and make new ones. It’s not like Clemson of all places had this huge national following before they started winning but now they have fans everywhere as well.

I will keep saying this...at somebody point in the near future CFB is going to be upended. There are several issues simmering:

1. Universities are earning insane amounts of revenue, but players get nothing
2. Public dollars are going towards funding a sport that produces head trauma
3. Student activity fees are being raised to help finance these programs, that despite the insane amount of revenue do not generally create enough to be profitable
4. There is an arms race to produce the most opulent athletic facility possible. Luxurious confines with water slides and golf courses. These are not available to common students, just the players.
5. Several schools and their boosters are likely spending more paying players and their families under the table that professional sports teams. Who spends more to get their players? Alabama? Or a NBA G League or XFL team? If one player can supposedly get 250K - imagine what the entire Crimson Tide team costs.

During the next recession, a politician is going to start pointing this out. And college students - facing crippling debt yet unable to even enter the palatial facilities built for players - will start mobilizing. This will become an issue in the decade to come, and I anticipate that multiple schools - if not entire states - will drop college football. Ironically I think Miami might be better situated to weather these issues than perhaps a U Cal, Tenn, or FSU.

None of the major schools wills ever drop football. Remember Louisiana’s issues and how they figured it out seemingly over night? That’ll happen everywhere. Good football brings students in. More students means more college loans. Maybe back in the day before the government took over loans that might’ve happened, but they will never let one of their golden geese go away. You also can’t devalue how much these people pay to go to games. Too much money is being made. Football is the only thing keeping these little SEC towns alive

But that's the point. We've done plenty of that. And everyone's response will always be on here wel clearly they're second tier. Reality Is every kid is unique in themselves. Bags are a common problem and for most on here unless you've seen it first hand you'll never comprehend how tempting it really is. HOWEVER no team in p5 football are saints. We've one our share for plenty of these kids. Half our problem has been the mentality of our staff is just as defeatist as the fan base. We ain't second tier to ****. That's facts and from top to bottom we gotta live that.

If our staff has a defeatist attitude or mentality then we are 2nd tier program. It starts with Diaz. He needs to fix that softness.

Advertisement
Back