James Wigging - Cincy

Advertisement

South Dade defensive back James Wiggins announced his intention to decommit from the University of Miami on Friday.

It comes as little surprise as new Hurricanes coach Mark Richt and his staff were not actively recruiting Wiggins.

"The new coaching staff -- they haven't been on me that much," Wiggins said. "Last time I spoke to them was two or three weeks ago with Mike Rumph.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The curse of the new Miami over that time. Hopefully manny continues to break it!! Another nit highly ranked kid that could play that folks on here like but the smartest guys in the room did!!! Imagine him on the back half with bubba and the other two we have back there!!!

I don't know. I feel like any of the players that Miami selected over him would be doing the same at a school like Cincy. Wiggins comes here, and he'd probably be Robert Knowles or Dallas Crawford. Also, keep in mind, the guy is **** near 23... he better be as good as y'all are seeing. 5th year seniors have no choice but too be good. If not, they need not play football. But I will say this, in most cases other coaches do a better job of getting players to play to their skill set than Miami does. James Pierre, who no one thought could play at Miami, is in the NFL.

Advertisement
I love these threads where we selectively pick out kids we “missed” on

news flash were ALWAYS going to miss on kids... we’ve done it all the way from Schelly, Jimmy, Dennis, butch.. etc

you can’t sign everyone and kids will blossom late

change your pad and get over it

Advertisement

news flash were ALWAYS going to miss on kids... we’ve done it all the way from Schelly, Jimmy, Dennis, butch.. etc

Wiggins was bad because it was such an obvious miss at the time. It's not like he was an unknown. Here is a post I made about him seven years ago (2013):

Manny has the same issue! He doesn’t have that eye for talent he a rivals chaser, Golden just knew NFL caliber recruits

You could probably go back and find fifty kids that people here were banging on the table for who never turned out to be any good. But everyone seems to forget about those guys.

Right was like a corpse when he was hired. He was so burned out
LoL, when he was eating at I think it was at keon zips crib, you could see it in his eyes he was tired of doing this ****, had that look on his face like this is my last meal!

Advertisement
Back