James Franklin: How to Win Friends & Influence People

Franklin is one of the most overrated greasy frauds out there......but this is relatively low on his douchebaggery feats. That said, I'd love to see Narduzzi snap him in half.

Advertisement
Problem with his narrative is that Pitt went on the road and beat Clemson. Pretty sure they were much more hyped about that game then beating some sorry Penn State team.

Some of our fan base is so soft now. Who the F cares if he made a comment about his "rival".

Advertisement
EASY MONEY ALERT!!!

Pitt Basketball plays Pedo State b-ball at the neutral Barclays Center on Nov 20...I imagine Stallings will do a Douchebag Digger and run up the score on the hapless 'Philes. Bet to cover the spread with no reservation.

(Why do I feel like Awsi Dooger now?)

Franklin is just pandering to the lowbrow element of the fan base -- the types who get their self-esteem from attachment to the football team with the delusion that if PSU is good that makes US so much better than THOSE people. It's a very SEC mentality. In this case, the truth is more like the reverse. Pitt fans are far less likely to see football as some life and death matter than PSU fans.

Two things can be true at once:

- It was NOT classless — he just spoke the truth from his team's perspective.

- That comment will become bulletin board material for Pitt going forward...you better believe that.

We have an incredibly soft society of people these days.

He may be a little arrogant but he is one **** of a football coach. Turned PSU around very quickly. Anybody that wins at Vandy is a **** of a coach. I would have loved to have him here.

If he beat FSU and made that statement about them you guys would absolutely love it.

He didn't turn around diddly squat, he happened to be the fortunate soul that came after O'Brien, the man that did all the heavy lifting. It was O'Brien that kept that program from falling into the gutter, he dealt with the probation and the loss of players.

Franklin either has little understanding of the history between Pitt/PSU, or he's an idiot. What he said was the equivalent of the "Not Our Rival" garbage we hear from stupid *** Gators who were born after 1987. Remember, it was PSU that dropped the Pitt series, not the other way around.

Advertisement
Stop complementing Penn State football. Their fans use CANCER to pat themselves on the back & they support child molestation. Unless you're from PA you just would not understand.

Who is complementing Penn State?

And to say that they "support child molestation" might be the dumbest thing I've read on a message board.

I took it to mean as he was putting the same weight of beating Pitt as if it was Akron or anyone else.It was one game and this win didn't mean anymore than it would have if they had just beaten the zips.

How that goes to him being " classless" Is beyond me.

I took it to mean as he was putting the same weight of beating Pitt as if it was Akron or anyone else.It was one game and this win didn't mean anymore than it would have if they had just beaten the zips.

How that goes to him being " classless" Is beyond me.
I agree....not a big deal.

Unfortunately, it's a lie and everyone knows it. PITT is a big game for him and their program. Just like UF and FSU games will ALWAYS mean more to our program, no matter if we win 20 games in a row and their programs are in the *******. It might mean more to PITT than PSU, but it's still a rivalry game and always will be, no matter what Franklin says.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He may be a little arrogant but he is one **** of a football coach. Turned PSU around very quickly. Anybody that wins at Vandy is a **** of a coach. I would have loved to have him here.

If he beat FSU and made that statement about them you guys would absolutely love it.

He didn't turn around diddly squat, he happened to be the fortunate soul that came after O'Brien, the man that did all the heavy lifting. It was O'Brien that kept that program from falling into the gutter, he dealt with the probation and the loss of players.

Franklin either has little understanding of the history between Pitt/PSU, or he's an idiot. What he said was the equivalent of the "Not Our Rival" garbage we hear from stupid *** Gators who were born after 1987. Remember, it was PSU that dropped the Pitt series, not the other way around.

So that wasn't him that actually won games at Vandy? So that is not Franklin that is continuing to win at PSU?

You are whimpering like a little girl about him dismissing Pitt as a relevant opponent after beating their *** again.

Did you gripe like a little girl when Jimbo bragged about not knowing what it is like to lose to Miami?

I would love it if he came here and beat FSU a couple times then dismissed them as being relevant.

Advertisement

So that wasn't him that actually won games at Vandy? So that is not Franklin that is continuing to win at PSU?

You are whimpering like a little girl about him dismissing Pitt as a relevant opponent after beating their *** again.

Did you gripe like a little girl when Jimbo bragged about not knowing what it is like to lose to Miami?

I would love it if he came here and beat FSU a couple times then dismissed them as being relevant.

Hey, this is bullshat! The white guy must get the credit for Franklin's success at PSU. O'Brien is responsible for all of Franklin's success, even though he was only there 1 year and only recruited for 1 cycle. The fact that this is Franklin's 4th year at PSU means nothing. NOTHING! It's O'Brien's team! Tell him Canedude08

Also, the white guy that coached Vandy before Franklin should get the wins Franklin surpassed at Vandy!

Franklin didn't turn around diddly squat!

What? Franklin got his *** beat by them last year. Kept them out of the playoff. Think he was a little bitter, but no words that he says can put them in the playoffs last year. Dude just needs to get over it. Sounded like a little .

Advertisement
Franklin is right. The PSU-Pittsburgh game means more to Pittsburgh than to Penn State. The game is still a geographic rivalry and has some recruiting implications but was downgraded when Penn State joined the Big 10 and Pittsburgh was dropped from the schedule.

No different than Miami beating anyone in the ACC not named FSU. Sure, we hate losing, but a loss to almost any ACC Coastal team is all the same to me. VaTech would be the exception.

And, he's talking a bit of trash. Since when do Miami fans complain about trash talking? I'm tired of too much PC coach-speak and think a little good-natured smack is a fine thing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back