James Cook reclassifies to 2018

Speaking of reclassifying. I've been told for a while now that Jobe our stud 2018 DB needs to reclassify somehow because he will be ineligible to play next year too. How that will work being at Columbus right now is a bit tricky. He's going to need to take a lot of online classes.

Was same reason why Mark Pope from Southridge the 2019 stud WR reclassified too, to 2018.

It's become more common now.

Advertisement
Is Cook that good to where he goes from being one of the top backs in 2019, to virtually the same position in 2018 as well? He's that good or are the recruitniks seeing Cook and equating that lil bro is going to be Dalvin 2.0?

Personally, I wouldn't say he is the best back in 2018, and he wasn't the best in 2019. But if he is anything like his brother, he's a take for any university no matter what your depth looks like.

Speaking of reclassifying. I've been told for a while now that Jobe our stud 2018 DB needs to reclassify somehow because he will be ineligible to play next year too. How that will work being at Columbus right now is a bit tricky. He's going to need to take a lot of online classes.

Was same reason why Mark Pope from Southridge the 2019 stud WR reclassified too, to 2018.

It's become more common now.

I'd be down for that. Earlier he gets here the better.

Last edited:
I love that Cook says he's "getting to college early".

Kid you're 16 about to turn 17. I was that age heading into my senior year of high school.

Parents should be put in jail for holding kids like Cook back 2-3 years. It screws over the "normal age" HS athletes they compete against.

Advertisement

Kid you're 16 about to turn 17. I was that age heading into my senior year of high school.

Parents should be put in jail for holding kids like Cook back 2-3 years. It screws over the "normal age" HS athletes they compete against.
Some are forcibly held back in elementary and middle school because they can't pass the classes or in Cook's elementary and middle school time the FCAT

He's an FCAT casualty. It happens more often now than before, kid could have good or passing grades and work hard, but no pass, no higher grade. On another note, a good friend of mine coached Wright & Cook for their last 2 optimist years(Pasadena & MG Chiefs) so I got to see a lot of both guys and they're both phenomenal. Right now I would give the edge to Wright, there's something so innate about his style of play. I'd say Wright is the better ballplayer and Cook is the better athlete but they're not far behind each other in their weaker categories. James is a tough kid no doubt, I've seen him gut it out & dominate with a fractured ankle but give me the kid who took a 7.62mm round in the shoulder and didn't cry. Either way they're the best backs in SoFla regardless of class and deciding who's better is a matter of splitting hairs, like Ferrari vs. Lambo.

So Wright the Yearby that will be compared to this Cook?

After believing all the "Yearby the better RB Dalvin the better ATH" talk how am I supposed to believe the "Wright the better RB James the better ATH" talk this time around?

I'm still laughing at everyone that thinks we are locked out of the Cook sweepstakes

Then you ROTFL at me. Winning and beating Free Shoes could change a lot of players decisions, but seriously I would focus my RB attention on Lingard and Nyquan. Hopefully we get Darrian Felix this year to go with Thompson and Burns.

Advertisement
Hold up! I was thinking Nyquan Wright was an upcoming Junior. Kid was a freshman last year and still got 3 seasons! I just watched his Hudl film and he runs like he's an upcoming senior. If we progress like we should, by 2019 he should be lock for us. Cook going to Free shoes if he wants any piece of his brothers money.

After believing all the "Yearby the better RB Dalvin the better ATH" talk how am I supposed to believe the "Wright the better RB James the better ATH" talk this time around?

This. People on here fed lies about yearby to this board. Either that or they couldn't objectively see through their biases.

I bet cook (#2) turns out to be a stud just like the rest of the 305 RBs Jimbo has persuaded to play at FSU.

It probably wouldn't matter. It does seem like we lose legacies though. High smith to Lsu right? Whats his name to Uf. His bro is on the Canes now. Im getting old, I cant recall names.

Highsmith wasn't no legacy to us... a legacy is a son or daughter not a cousin etc.

Okay fair clarification. We did lose Patchan to Uf of all ****ing places. Anyways it seems like we lose more than other schools. Ofcourse we do have Weldon now, so maybe its just my perception of what we have lost previously.

You gotta realize we lost a few before to the gayturds because of the miserable staffs in place. We keep 8 out of 10. Just look at the past few years as examples...

Advertisement
I am friends with James Cook on Facebook and prior to his commitment I noticed a comment (since been deleted) from his mom that said that James really wants to go to Miami and that they were his number one but her and Dalvin were very much opposed to doing so... Ironically a day later he had committed

Here is something to watch fsu is about to pass on laborn and focus on keeping fort meyers rb white and go all out on 5* d'andre swift (brewster special)..then only focus on lingard and cook...doubt they land all 4 but thats the word

I am friends with James Cook on Facebook and prior to his commitment I noticed a comment (since been deleted) from his mom that said that James really wants to go to Miami and that they were his number one but her and Dalvin were very much opposed to doing so... Ironically a day later he had committed

I can understand ppl following recruits to a extent....

But facebook friends with a freshman football recruit/?

This real life??

Advertisement

This. People on here fed lies about yearby to this board. Either that or they couldn't objectively see through their biases.

I bet cook (#2) turns out to be a stud just like the rest of the 305 RBs Jimbo has persuaded to play at FSU.

Not the same thing this time around because Yearby is nowhere near the athlete that D. Cook is. Wright also has home run ability, something that Yearby never had. I've seen those guys race each other(J. Cook & Wright) many times and I cant honestly say who won more, their footspeed is that close. No one could ever make that statement about D. Cook & Yearby. Both guys will be studs and you can't go wrong with either one.

Good to hear....

I hope he's the one we get from the 2019 class....

Carol City players have done well at Miami over the years...

Not to sound salty, but most who watched Nayquan Wright & James Cook before they got to HS told me that Nayquan was the better RB.
I coached against both. Wright is better

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Just seen an article on rivals he said were his number 4 right now. But still very much in the picture, basically wanting to see what Mark Richt does this season. Said a good season would definitely shake up his list.

Dalvin didn't end up at the first school he committed to, and neither will James. He'll flip at least once. Bet money on that

Advertisement
Back