james coley

Advertisement
Barry said a few prominent players were pessimistic today about coley staying on the staff.

He is definitely an asset. Best recruiter on the team and good QB evaluator. I hope he does not end up in Alabama as a QB coach. Him and Mario will do lots of damage in south Florida

He is definitely an asset. Best recruiter on the team and good QB evaluator. I hope he does not end up in Alabama as a QB coach. Him and Mario will do lots of damage in south Florida

Yes, Mario bringing in 2 recruits from SFL in three years is definitely doing damage.

to be fair he hand picked the best qb we've had in the last decade. our offense was really limited by our poor OL play this year.

Advertisement
Our recruiting classes have gotten worse since Coley arrived.

I understand he was recruiting with one arm tied behind his back (Golden lame duck); however, there is no hard evidence other than Kayaa that he is that great.

I would take Brock Berlin over Kayaa at this point.

to be fair he hand picked the best qb we've had in the last decade. our offense was really limited by our poor OL play this year.

Then, you are a fool.

Berlin is not anywhere in the same class of QB as Kaaya. Brad Kaaya is a full two notches better than Berlin, ever was, and he is just a true sophomore.

Berlin absolutely STUNK his first year, and he cost Miami a title, all by his **** self. That was some of the worst QB play we've ever seen at Miami.

That team was stacked on both sides of the ball- and it might've been the best defense we've seen at Miami (ranks right up there with that 1986 defense, if not better), yet it was all wasted on Berlin. We wasted a championship caliber defense, FIVE (5) first round draft picks (3 on D/2 on O), a great O-line, and the greatness of KWII and Frank Gore on offense, all on Berlins play. That team also featured Devin Hester, Kevin Everret (Another very good TE and 3rd pick) and Roscoe Parish, and those guys were ballers. Berlin was horrible that year, period. I'm still annoyed by it, because we wasted a **** load of talent and threw away championship because of that dude.

We would've won a title, with even a Freshman Brad Kaaya leading that squad.

And Berlin was merely average his last year at Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It's time do away with this type of soft shouldered bull****.

Advertisement
Coley was needed because golden couldn't recruit as good as richt. mark richt is a different animal.

Our recruiting classes have gotten worse since Coley arrived.

I understand he was recruiting with one arm tied behind his back (Golden lame duck); however, there is no hard evidence other than Kayaa that he is that great.

that narrative only last for the 2013 class. Coley's lone claim to fame was Kaaya and I'll give him that, but he hasn't even put a dent into our recruiting classes. He was brought in b/c it was thought that he would help w/ recruiting and that has been anything but the case. Our 3rd offense has been the worst under his watch. Our offense stalls after his script is figured out. He has NO BUSINESS calling any plays. There's a reason why Jimbo said, "here you go Miami, you can take him"...and meanwhile, they're racking in top 5 classes and we've been racking in top 20 classes since being here.

Advertisement
I would take Brock Berlin over Kayaa at this point.

Then, you are a fool.

Berlin is not anywhere in the same class of QB as Kaaya. Brad Kaaya is a full two notches better than Berlin, ever was, and he is just a true sophomore.

Berlin absolutely STUNK his first year, and he cost Miami a title, all by his **** self. That was some of the worst QB play we've ever seen at Miami.

That team was stacked on both sides of the ball- and it might've been the best defense we've seen at Miami (ranks right up there with that 1986 defense, if not better), yet it was all wasted on Berlin. We wasted a championship caliber defense, FIVE (5) first round draft picks (3 on D/2 on O), a great O-line, and the greatness of KWII and Frank Gore on offense, all on Berlins play. That team also featured Devin Hester, Kevin Everret (Another very good TE and 3rd pick) and Roscoe Parish, and those guys were ballers. Berlin was horrible that year, period. I'm still annoyed by it, because we wasted a **** load of talent and threw away championship because of that dude.

We would've won a title, with even a Freshman Brad Kaaya leading that squad.

And Berlin was merely average his last year at Miami.

LOL @ being solely Berlin fault.

Lack of recruiting an heir to Dorsey was the coaches fault.

Lack of recruiting solid RB depth was the coaches fault.

Bringing in a shotgun QB as the answer and trying to play against his strengths was the coaches fault.

Berlin made mistakes but he wasn't the only player/coaches not holding his weight during those 2 loses.

Lets remember that 4 weeks prior to the VT game, Gore was lost for the season and we had to rely on Payton.

Vs VT Kevin Everett dropped a pass in the endzone when he was all alone. Along with Roscoe getting stripped by Hall and returned for a TD. That greatest defense allowed 14 points to a team that completed 2 passes for 44 yards.

Against Tennessee Berlin had a total of 3 TO, but the game was 10-6. Nothing that was out off hand and couldn't be overcome, but i guess with 1:55 left on the clock and Taylor fumbling the return was on Berlin too.

I am not saying he is perfect, but to place blame on one guy. When it is up to an entire team to win to try and prove the other poster wrong is BS.

Jesus....you had to bring up that Kevin Everett drop. I lost my **** seeing that in person right in front of where we were all sitting. He was so wide open it wasn't even funny.

If I was picking a QB for one game since Dorsey, I'd most certainly pick Berlin. He had his faults that first year, but that was more of the coaches trying to insert a square peg in a round hole.

Advertisement
Back