james coley

dcornelius

Redshirt Freshman
Just read an article on gridironnow.
Com that coley is being considered for oc for Arizona state. I can't post it from my phone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I know he is looking around, SEC west school was interested if their OC was going to get pouched. His offensive passing stats are impressive and obvious recruiting prowess. Might be gone before the bowl game. Believe he will still coach the game though. The next two weeks is going to be like musical chairs for college coaches. NUTS!!!!

Advertisement
Bye Felecia..................and tell her son goodbye too.

You're nuts. Kaaya is the closest thing to a real UM QB we have seen since Ken. QB has always been crucial to our program. Now he has a real coach and is talking about staying the full 4 years. With Mark, a 4-3 with a couple good DTs, the kid can bring a NC before he leaves. He is the one good thing Coley did for us.

You're nuts. Kaaya is the closest thing to a real UM QB we have seen since Ken. QB has always been crucial to our program. Now he has a real coach and is talking about staying the full 4 years. With Mark, a 4-3 with a couple good DTs, the kid can bring a NC before he leaves. He is the one good thing Coley did for us.

Agree 100%, people must forget what it's like with a Kyle Wright/Kerby Freeman at the helm

Would be best scenario for us..

Only negative in him leaving is him going to a prominent school in this region and recruiting our local talent.

Advertisement
Wish him all the best. If I lived closer, I'd help him pack his bags.

I think it's a good fit for his career. Coley always wanted to run up-tempo, shotgun spread here with vertical passing game but Golden handcuffed him. That is the offense Arizona State runs.

Agree 100%, people must forget what it's like with a Kyle Wright/Kerby Freeman at the helm

This^^^^^

Kyle Wright was the top rated recruit in the nation. A lot of people forget this.

That's why I'm always emphasizing that stars can lie.

Look at a player's film and competition and what the future player's strength's are at their particular position. This will usually give you a better idea.

For QB's for example:

Are they accurate, smart, is their throwing motion fluid, can they read a defense, are they mentally tough?

Arm can be overrated. Some of our best QB's didn't have huge arms, i.e. Kosar, Dorsey, Walsh, etc..

What set them apart was their brains, mental toughness and competiveness.

Kyle Wright, Frank Costa, and Robert Mavre all had strong arms but they were JAGS.

Don't get me wrong, a strong arm is a great thing, but it depends on what type of brain it's attached to.

Remember Ryan Leaf? Dude had an All-Time arm but nothing to go with it.

Peyton Manning didn't have nearly the physical gifts that Ryan did, but he was a genius at the position.

Same thing with RB's.

What kind of competition did they play against, do they possess great vision, are they shifty, are they fast, are they tough, can they pass block, do they possess good hands, are they ultra-competitive?

These are all important things to look for.

Same thing goes for every position group. You gotta know what to look for.

Advertisement
Back