James Coley to Texas AM

He was not getting the financial support and recruiting was no where near where they were. They seem to be putting money in now but Jimbo was pushing hard for facilities etc and getting nowhere; kinda seems like they were wanting him to move on. TAMU has Arab money and him a fully guaranteed contract for ten years at 7.5 each. No brainer
That's the talking point he and his ppls like to use, but the boosters and AD would've acquiesced to him and put more money into the program. Clearly they had the money as we see how they started spending once he left.

I just honestly think he burned out and just needed a new beginning and change of scenery, plus he didnt want to fire any assistants which he almost certainly wouldve had to do if he stayed. That last season became really toxic.

Advertisement
That's the talking point he and his ppls like to use, but the boosters and AD would've acquiesced to him and put more money into the program. Clearly they had the money as we see how they started spending once he left.

I just honestly think he burned out and just needed a new beginning and change of scenery, plus he didnt want to fire any assistants which he almost certainly wouldve had to do if he stayed. That last season became really toxic.
Yeah I agree that's why I think it was more mutual. I don't think he could get away with lying about it but at the same time, he definitely seemed burned out and getting that offer from TAMU was too much to pass

Advertisement
Back