Jameis Winston will be a BUST

AguanteHurricanes

Thunderdome
playing exactly how I saw it...and was an overrated QB @ FSU.

-long delivery
-played in a safe offense @ FSU with tons of checkdowns
-rarely went deep
-when plays break down he makes tons of mistakes
-surround by tons of talent @ FSU that bailed him out.

If not for our players dropping picks he would have had 2 more.

Advertisement
The kid plays it like a classic gunslinger. The problem for him will not only be all those things you listed, but Lovie Smith will just let him float around. He really has no concept for offense, nor does he care.

Advertisement
That Vikes 'D' tough though this year. But I do hope he's the next Ryan Leaf

his heisman year he had great skill players. he made horrible throws that were consistently caught by greene, benjamin, etc. they made him look good.

It's his first game... The kid will be good... It's his first preseason game... And Nycane the kid always made plays... Yes Benjamin and Greene bailed him out but he also threw nice passes to make them look good... That's what good players do... I mean we even witnessed that with Kaaya our playmakers made him look good then he also threw them some beautiful passes... Anyway I remember Payton throwing 20+ picks his first year and Alex Smith sucking for a long time before he became a good qb... It takes time...

His fundamentals go out the window when he's under duress. He starts throwing off his back foot, he gets off balanced but he's got the natural arm talent (+ those WRs he had at fsu) to bail him out of those spots. I can't remember **** cause I'm currently dabbed out but he had this one play where he threw a TD while falling down completely unnecessarily and everyone freaked out about how nice the throw was. Nevermind the fact that he just decided to fall down for no reason.

I'm not saying he'll be a bust because he is advanced in many aspects of quarterbacking but he has to knock that **** off. If he doesn't learn to stand tall and keep his poise in the pocket he's never going to be anything other then a poor man's Jay Cutler.

Advertisement
We will improve on 2014... I see both our ceiling and our floor. No more than 10 and the floor is 6 ... Bucs go 9 and 7

Advertisement
His fundamentals go out the window when he's under duress. He starts throwing off his back foot, he gets off balanced but he's got the natural arm talent (+ those WRs he had at fsu) to bail him out of those spots. I can't remember **** cause I'm currently dabbed out but he had this one play where he threw a TD while falling down completely unnecessarily and everyone freaked out about how nice the throw was. Nevermind the fact that he just decided to fall down for no reason.

I'm not saying he'll be a bust because he is advanced in many aspects of quarterbacking but he has to knock that **** off. If he doesn't learn to stand tall and keep his poise in the pocket he's never going to be anything other then a poor man's Jay Cutler.

Except Jay Cutler is a much better athlete with a fast release and a cannon.

I know it's only a preseason half, but Winston looks a lot like Byron Leftwich, especially that javelin throw release.

Advertisement
You know this board is garbage when u can't even talk **** about FSU without getting downvoted.

playing exactly how I saw it...and was an overrated QB @ FSU.

-long delivery
-played in a safe offense @ FSU with tons of checkdowns
-rarely went deep
-when plays break down he makes tons of mistakes
-surround by tons of talent @ FSU that bailed him out.

If not for our players dropping picks he would have had 2 more.

I completely disagree. Anyone who thinks he was successful because of talent around himat FSU didnt watch enough. Guy was an absolute gamer with a very high game IQ. QB busts usually dont have it mentally ala Ryan Leaf or take awhile to develop into an average because of physical shortcomings/scheme qb ala Alex Smith. Speed of game will eventually slow down and i think he will be a pro bowler. He's surrounded by a Rings ransom of talent in Tampa OLine is the only question mark. Could have an Andrew Luck like rookie year. Lota sacks, hits, ints while throwing for plenty of yards and tds. Not saying he will develop into as good a qq as Luck just comparing rookie years. All this from someone who absolutely hates the Noles but recognizes the talent.

Advertisement
Back