Jamal Carter

TrumpCaneFan

Thunderdome
why do people think he's any good? because he looks like he has muscles?

I can't think of a guy I've seen in the last couple years who constantly misses open field tackles and takes awful angles to the football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
doesn't always take the best angles, but that's a kid I want on my team. You can tell there's no quit in his competitiveness.. and when he does hit you, you're feeling it. Overly aggressive play style

It's going to be interesting to see what Finlay brings to the table....Johnson plays with a purpose....I could see him fighting for a starting spot in the secondary.....can't wait to see him work with Rumph at CB.

Advertisement
He definitely looked lost at times on defense. Noticeably missed too many tackles. I don't see why some Canes fans regard him highly.

He definitely looked lost at times on defense. Noticeably missed too many tackles. I don't see why some Canes fans regard him highly.
I think the "regard" comes from him being a sort of poster boy for an aggressive guy messed up by Golden. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle...he'll be better under CMR but like most of our recruits lately, not near national championship caliber safety play.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Keep waiting for him to make more of an impact. Love his physicality but he misses too many tackles and takes poor angles. I'm not sure how that's going to work in Diaz system in which the safety's are asked to limit the big play.

He's mediocre at best. We are pretty bad at safety.

I see why Diaz and Banda weren't so quick to move Jaquan Johnson to CB - he could end up being our best option at safety.

Advertisement
as far as i'm concerned he has a clean slate now. nothing he showed with the previous coaching staff matters.

An enforcer. When he hits you, you stay hit. I'll take him on my club. He'll get more comfortable in the new system with more reps just like everyone else.

Way better in the box. We'll see if he can improve his effective range and instincts. Wish he could get big enough to be a situational LB.

Advertisement
Back