Jamal Carter putting in work

Love his spirit…but break his interception record or something on the field before you ever bring up his name in a tweet.

One step at a time.

There was no game today. He did what he could today and did it well.

Glad he is putting in the work and he should be proud of it.

Like I said, love his spirit. Weight room records show a young man's dedication to work out right, work hard, eat right, etc. I get it. But to me, there is no satisfaction in the summer. Everything you do is open-ended and unfinished business.

Advertisement
Love his athleticism and I think that he will see a lot of prime time action, but right now, I see Crawford, D. and Bush as starters.

Yet another reason UM should switch to a 3-3-5 defense this season.

Go Canes

Don't most teams go nickel against spread teams, which seems to be every team nowadays?

That's why this ****ing and moaning about, "we need to be a 4-3 like the classic Canes defenses of JJ," is just plain ignorant.

The game is so much different, when **** near every team rolls out 4 wr's.

Your 3-3-5, with one of the linebackers blitzing, 2 linebackers dropping into zone and the 5 db's in coverage is pretty much what we, and most defenses play when offenses go spread, which seems to be 90% of the time.

The 3-3-5 is way more complex then that and it is defense based on pressure not prevent zone coverage. And the blitzs can come from any level of the defense on any play hence the confusion and pycho fronts. Which is why Jamal Carter would thrive is this defense playing closer to the LOS playing the Spur Safety Position on the strong side.

Read the article
http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/6/23/4446426/ohio-state-football-introducing-the-3-3-5-stack

Also not many schools run the 3-3-5 scheme which is very different from a traditional nickel package, in the same way LSU's Mustang Package is very different than a normal dime package. Also the 3-3-5 can be very effective against power running teams which is why Charlie Strong developed it into the system schools and pro teams run today.

Go Canes
Paranos I respect your opinions and expertise, however, that being said your so called wonderful D is the same crap D that WVU runs and how has that worked out for them the last few years. I have to call you out on this my man, my sincere apologies.

Love his spirit…but break his interception record or something on the field before you ever bring up his name in a tweet.

Your post is stupid

You're right…the offseason lifting records and Greentree all-americans have been what this program has lived and died on the last ten years. So, I could understand how I'm perceived as stupid by actually saying a kid should start a few games before he talks about any of ST's records--on or off the field.

ST could literally start at about 6-7 positions on our defense right now. Any one of the DB spots and whatever two LB spots DP isn't playing.

Advertisement
Please don't get me wrong…I'd want nothing more than one of our current guys to tweet something down the road about being incredibly humbled to join Sean Taylor (single season) or Ed Reed (career) in the UM record books for INT's in a season or career respectively.

Go Canes

Don't most teams go nickel against spread teams, which seems to be every team nowadays?

That's why this ****ing and moaning about, "we need to be a 4-3 like the classic Canes defenses of JJ," is just plain ignorant.

Your 3-3-5, with one of the linebackers blitzing, 2 linebackers dropping into zone and the 5 db's in coverage is pretty much what we, and most defenses play when offenses go spread, which seems to be 90% of the time.

The 3-3-5 is way more complex then that and it is defense based on pressure not prevent zone coverage. And the blitzs can come from any level of the defense on any play hence the confusion and pycho fronts. Which is why Jamal Carter would thrive is this defense playing closer to the LOS playing the Spur Safety Position on the strong side.

Read the article
http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/6/23/4446426/ohio-state-football-introducing-the-3-3-5-stack

Also not many schools run the 3-3-5 scheme which is very different from a traditional nickel package, in the same way LSU's Mustang Package is very different than a normal dime package. Also the 3-3-5 can be very effective against power running teams which is why Charlie Strong developed it into the system schools and pro teams run today.

Go Canes

I kind of like the idea of getting your best players on the field and then working out a scheme that takes advantage of your strengths.
Whether it's a 4-3, 3-4, 3-3-5, 1-5-5.

I don't care.

Anything that works is good for me.

246.jpg

Janimal!

Edit: canealmighty credit for name.

Last edited:
Impressive to break that record as a true sophomore. We should all be excited about him this year

Advertisement

Go Canes

Read the article

Go Canes
Paranos I respect your opinions and expertise, however, that being said your so called wonderful D is the same crap D that WVU runs and how has that worked out for them the last few years. I have to call you out on this my man, my sincere apologies.

The 3-3-5 scheme puts most the responsibility for calling the right play on the DC for it to work right. I don't know how old you are but back the day Miss St used the 3-3-5 scheme for years to terrorize the SEC with a Top 10 defense. Charlie strong used it USCe, UF, and U of L an all his defenses were Top 10. When rich Rodriguez used it at WV, Mich (bad fit with players), and Arizona is currently using it quite well. Even Urban is using it at OSU an their defense is Top 20.

Here is an article about it ( the last part about strong not using the D at UF and Louisville is wrong)
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/10/11/some-teams-in-college-football-using-3-3-5-defense-to-counter-spread/

So it needs a good DC that understands offensive tendencies to call the right plays an believe it or not Donofrio does this very well, the problem is scheme we currently run concedes to much in order to prevent the TD or big play. It is also about how you run it some go with smaller TNT up front while others use bigger but still agile TNT up front which is what Strong does. In Strong's version the front uses a hybrid of 1 and 2 gap assignment in which the dine presses the OL engagment rather than catching blocks they read the blocks while trying to get penetration an since they are not trying to stalemate the blocker the defender doesn't need to be massive just strong and fast.

Also in Strong's 3-3-5 scheme the Top always starts in Cover 2 in order to protect against the big play, so his safeties have to have great range to cover ground quickly while taking the proper pursuit angles ( hence why both were just drafted in the first two rounds by the NFL).

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/longhorns/article/Strong-s-defensive-scheme-battle-tested-5122410.php

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have been saying since Spring that he is my favorite player on the team right now. he is the only way that has that Old School Cane Mentality and played like it in spring. Rayshawn Jenkins is going to become the back up to this guy. i know you cant prevent injuries but Carter seen an opportunity and took full advantage like you supposed too. a Secondary with Deon Bush, Jamal Carter, and Dallas Crawford is going to be a explosive all were 4 star DB's coming out of High School. I will reiterate this again. we will be a much improved and overall defense because of the secondary.

Lord Jesus, please help this man get some *** tonight

He might be getting too much ***. Just the wrong kind.

Right…so I'm *** because I'm not jerking off to a kid that broke a power clean record.

You're entitled to your opinion, and agree that our defense needs to make enormous strides on the field, but we can still applaud a kid that has clearly worked his *** off this off-season.

I don't know maybe its because im young but why should I have to temper my enthusiasim when it has anything to do about my favorite team? As a fan the fun part is talking $#!t to the opposing team and hyping up any and everything that relates to my team. Yes it may not be realistic but who gives a F$%k. I talked so much crap last year to my FSU buddies knowing there was a very good chance we would lose. Golden still has work to do and his seat is getting lukewarm but im still going to root for him and tell all my friends he is the best coach even though it may not be true. Does this mean Jamal Carter will be a future All-American? Who knows, but better believe all of my friends who root for other teams will know about him. Whats the point of reminding us he hasnt truly played yet? I think the majority of us know this. Lets just be excited for him and the team. I probably will get bashed for this post but IDGAF GO CANES!

Advertisement
I don't know maybe its because im young but why should I have to temper my enthusiasim when it has anything to do about my favorite team? As a fan the fun part is talking $#!t to the opposing team and hyping up any and everything that relates to my team. Yes it may not be realistic but who gives a F$%k. I talked so much crap last year to my FSU buddies knowing there was a very good chance we would lose. Golden still has work to do and his seat is getting lukewarm but im still going to root for him and tell all my friends he is the best coach even though it may not be true. Does this mean Jamal Carter will be a future All-American? Who knows, but better believe all of my friends who root for other teams will know about him. Whats the point of reminding us he hasnt truly played yet? I think the majority of us know this. Lets just be excited for him and the team. I probably will get bashed for this post but IDGAF GO CANES!

Well Said!!! this is how i feel as well!! 100000000000000000000000000% True!!!

251.jpg

Advertisement
Back