Jalen Rivers commits to Miami

Advertisement
I’ve never seen him in person. Hard to tell in his clips.

I like Khristopher Love from Heritage as an interior guy. He has a nasty demeanor and is explosive. Tested at 315 pounds with 4.8 shuttle and 30 VJ. Top SPARQ of the local linemen.

THOSE NUMBERS ARE REALLY GOOD FOR LOVE and his film backs it up. I like him more than Denis

Lmao 😂 at those that think Rivers can’t be a top RT in CFB. Since when is a 6’6 320 lb stud with long arms and quick feet not considered a tackle? All of a sudden there’s one NFL draft where every questions if guys can play tackle and now everyone is an NFL scout. Seriously, complaining about a kid his size leaning in HS games is a joke. He’s throwing kids around like rag dolls. Maybe some of you aren’t used to seeing a big time OL recruit that could’ve played at any college he wanted in the entire country wearing Orange and Green. It’s been rare lately. CIS be CISing. Pinning this guy as an OG is naive and borderline idiotic.

Lmao 😂 at those that think Rivers can’t be a top RT in CFB. Since when is a 6’6 320 lb stud with long arms and quick feet not considered a tackle? All of a sudden there’s one NFL draft where every questions if guys can play tackle and now everyone is an NFL scout. Seriously, complaining about a kid his size leaning in HS games is a joke. He’s throwing kids around like rag dolls. Maybe some of you aren’t used to seeing a big time OL recruit that could’ve played at any college he wanted in the entire country wearing Orange and Green. It’s been rare lately. CIS be CISing. Pinning this guy as an OG is naive and borderline idiotic.

Thinking he projects best as a guard isn't "complaining"

Advertisement
I admit I’ve got the biggest chub in South FL other than coach Barry the past couple days. If that’s a complaint then pat yourself on the back.

No, I'm saying you are accusing others of complaining, when all they are doing is saying he may be a better guard?

Advertisement
No, I'm saying you are accusing others of complaining, when all they are doing is saying he may be a better guard?
I’m laughing, not complaining. The guy can play wherever he wants. He’s more talented than anyone on the OL right now. The kids tape reminds me of a slightly bigger Leon Searcy. That’s why I’m laughing. Who’s going to start over him anywhere on the OL? Gimme some names please. My point is it doesn’t matter where this kid plays. He’s can play all over and he’s going to be a great one.

Donaldson was more highly rated as a recruit, is also 6’6 330, and also can’t play tackle. Some guys are just better suited to play guard. It’s not a bad thing. It doesn’t mean he isn’t good, he is. So is Donaldson. No one is complaining. We are discussing how this impacts our recruiting and offensive line class going forward. Which is the whole point of this thread.

Advertisement

I'm def a proponent of the lean athletic guys at tackle (especially LT). But, in typical fashion this board is starting to become an echo chamber obsessed with a general concept/approach rather than actually assessing things on a case-by-case basis. A few laud the approach of finding long and lean tackle prospects with good feet and it eventually becomes the only thing some others care about.

If a guy has tackle skills/traits then he can play tackle. I don't think Rivers is a LT, but I do think he can be successful at RT.

Donaldson was more highly rated as a recruit, is also 6’6 330, and also can’t play tackle. Some guys are just better suited to play guard. It’s not a bad thing. It doesn’t mean he isn’t good, he is. So is Donaldson. No one is complaining. We are discussing how this impacts our recruiting and offensive line class going forward. Which is the whole point of this thread.

Can you compare and contrast Rivers and Donaldson's strengths for us?

Donaldson arrived at Miami 370 plus. Rivers is 6’6 325-331 right now. The lineman uga just got from Florida is 6’6 360 and they plan on playing him at tackle too

Advertisement
The staff thought the same thing about Donaldson.

Rivers will get a shot and has a chance to stick at RT. My bet is inside.
I’d say guard first year and after a year of S&C, slides out to tackle. His feet are no where near as slow as Donaldson’s.

He’s taller than both of Dumervil and walker , he has “ideal” length at tackle imo at a verified 6’6. But that’s not the end all be all if a guy can play tackle. We have seen some shorter lineman over the years have success like Isaiah Wynn at uga and he’s a sub 6’3, it’s all about his laterally movement dealing with speed rushers and if he can bend. I think He can
I agree with most of this. However the length that’s more essential is wing span not height, and Wynn has a great wingspan to height ratio.

Like a rich man’s Scaife.

Advertisement
Back