Jalen Rivers commits to Miami

Steve Wiltfong had some pretty positive comments about rivers this morning from the opening about him having power but with also good feet that allows him to move well laterally. Thinks he can compete right away . Seems like he likes him at tackle too

Advertisement
The staff thought the same thing about Donaldson.

Rivers will get a shot and has a chance to stick at RT. My bet is inside.
Donaldson is alot bigger than him physically even compared when they were both in high school. I think rivers more nimble on his feet than Donaldson I could see him sticking to right tackle and being good there depending on strength and conditioning and then obviously coaching

Donaldson is alot bigger than him physically even compared when they were both in high school. I think rivers more nimble on his feet than Donaldson I could see him sticking to right tackle and being good there depending on strength and conditioning and then obviously coaching
Yeah Donaldson has much more bad weight than rivers has that’s for sure . Donaldson May have been a better athlete(we have seen him running routes on 7 on 7) but he doesn’t have the feet and laterally quickness that rivers has imo to play at tackle . At the least imo rivers is a right tackle with a solid chance at playing left tackle

He basically used the sunglasses emoji but went the more subtle route by using the crying laughing one. Passive aggressive. These two are God brothers like u said and had planned on being a package deal. U don't think Williams is bitter that Rivers decided to not be a package deal?

I mean there is no way to spin why he chose that emoji. It was clear shade.
Jesus Christ....Your Devils Advocacy is F-ing Ridiculous....

Yeah Donaldson has much more bad weight than rivers has that’s for sure . Donaldson May have been a better athlete(we have seen him running routes on 7 on 7) but he doesn’t have the feet and laterally quickness that rivers has imo to play at tackle . At the least imo rivers is a right tackle with a solid chance at playing left tackle
My point exactly to me he has alot better lateral quickness. I think you try him at left tackle but i think his best position it right tackle

Advertisement
The staff thought the same thing about Donaldson.

Rivers will get a shot and has a chance to stick at RT. My bet is inside.
Man donaldson was like 375 coming out of high school and real top heavy. He moves better straight line than rivers but rivers moves much better laterally which is what you need at tackle.

Man donaldson was like 375 coming out of high school and real top heavy. He moves better straight line than rivers but rivers moves much better laterally which is what you need at tackle.

Donaldson had a 4.78 shuttle coming out compared to 5.09 for Rivers. I think Donaldson's problem is bend/balance, and Rivers appears to be better in that respect.

I hope Rivers makes it at tackle because it's a need. He definitely will have a shot. I'm just a little gun-shy after seeing Vaughn at tackle and some of Rivers's struggles with quickness at the Opening.

The important thing is that Rivers is a big-time prospect who will help our offensive line somewhere.

Donaldson had a 4.78 shuttle coming out compared to 5.09 for Rivers. I think Donaldson's problem is bend/balance, and Rivers appears to be better in that respect.

I hope Rivers makes it at tackle because it's a need. He definitely will have a shot. I'm just a little gun-shy after seeing Vaughn at tackle and some of Rivers's struggles with quickness at the Opening.

The important thing is that Rivers is a big-time prospect who will help our offensive line somewhere.
How does the OT look? Denis is an OG too right?

Advertisement
Denis is an OG for sure, maybe even C. Barry is looking everywhere for tackles and I won't be surprised if some late bloomers emerge. Walker is obviously a big target.
Is Walker > Dumervil or just a shorter long shot?

Is Walker > Dumervil or just a shorter long shot?
Both actually. I think Walker is the most surefire left tackle on our board and will be starting at that position for years in college. Dumerville, although impressive, is a bit more stiff in his movements and will require some work to stick on the left side.

Both actually. I think Walker is the most surefire left tackle on our board and will be starting at that position for years in college. Dumerville, although impressive, is a bit more stiff in his movements and will require some work to stick on the left side.
So if we were to get Dumervil, he’s a RT?

Denis is an OG for sure, maybe even C. Barry is looking everywhere for tackles and I won't be surprised if some late bloomers emerge. Walker is obviously a big target.
What are our chances with Connor McLaughlin? He looks like that long lean OT type that Coach Barry favors. Seems like he may end up at Stanford though.

Advertisement
What are our chances with Connor McLaughlin? He looks like that long lean OT type that Coach Barry favors. Seems like he may end up at Stanford though.
Reminds me of the kid from St. Pete back in Golden era that flipped on signing day to Stanford. Every time I hear Stanford that’s what I think about.

Advertisement
So if we were to get Dumervil, he’s a RT?
If you get lets say a class of Dumerville, Rivers, Smith, Walker and you were asked to make a line with those guys then Walker has the best chance at left, Dumerville would then be RT, Smith C and Rivers guard. If you add a guys like Connor Mclauglin in there then I think u kick Dumerville inside. However they should all be tried out at tackle in my opinion and I think all but Smith have left tackle potential under the right circumstances

Not suprised donaldson shuttle is faster because donaldson is faster than rivers. The shuttle drill you still have to turn and run. I'm talking just the ability to move laterally. Donaldson doesn't seem as quick as rivers when he has to pop up and kick out in pass pro at tackle. I think he can play guard too but i see him as a rt for now.

Advertisement
Back