Jalen Mitchell (Rockledge)

CaneInMe

Recruit
I see he is coming for an official visit.... does he have an offer? I don't see one on his twitter. He got an in home visit, though.
It is odd to come for OV without an offer, right?
Big strong RB and I wonder how the staff would use him especially with Asa coming for an OV.
Saw his named listed by Stefan on the 2019 Cycle- OV Tracker but we can't comment on that thread.
Just curious if anyone has insight !!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I see he is coming for an official visit.... does he have an offer? I don't see one on his twitter. He got an in home visit, though.
It is odd to come for OV without an offer, right?
Big strong RB and I wonder how the staff would use him especially with Asa coming for an OV.
Saw his named listed by Stefan on the 2019 Cycle- OV Tracker but we can't comment on that thread.
Just curious if anyone has insight !!!

Decent backup plan, but if any of Asa Martin, DJ Williams, the GA kid Griffin (hasn't set up a visit) or Richards commit...IMO he won't be offered. Maybe in a year we were taking 2...I have to think we only take 2 if someone commits before M-a-r and then M-a-r goes to signing day. Excellent feet for a 200 lb. back, but no speed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It would if homer declares because Martin would have to sit for a year. So u have Dallas lingard Davis. So u wanna have depth and saftey in case of injury
It would if homer declares because Martin would have to sit for a year. So u have Dallas lingard Davis. So u wanna have depth and saftey in case of injury
and kid is an EE. To slow? Track speed is almost the same as DJ's and he has done a pretty good job. He is already over 200 and being an EE will be bigger and stronger that he is now.

Quit settling. Recruit mark anthony Richards hard in January
I agree with going after mark but with how things have been going recruitment wise might as well take a forsure body . He is not bad if you get him in the conditioning room he could be at least be a red zone and short yardage back. He has a good frame

and kid is an EE. To slow? Track speed is almost the same as DJ's and he has done a pretty good job. He is already over 200 and being an EE will be bigger and stronger that he is now.

He is an EE ?? Has he gone on other OV or is he all in with the Canes. Kid has some other offers so thinking he has to make up his mind QUICK to be on campus somewhere in Jan.

Advertisement
I'm not making any judgments about either player, but it's interesting to read that Jalen Mitchell doesn't have the speed to play here, but then I'm reading that Asa Martin is who the board wants. Mitchell beats Martin in every verified testing category.

Mitchell- 201 pounds, 4.65 40, 4.25 SS, 34.6" VJ, 41' Powerball throw, 104.94 SPARQ.

Martin- 195 pounds, 4.76 40, 4.32 SS, 31" VJ.

Mitchell is bigger, faster, jumps better (explosion). In fact, Mitchell tests like an extremely athletic player.

I'm not making any judgments about either player, but it's interesting to read that Jalen Mitchell doesn't have the speed to play here, but then I'm reading that Asa Martin is who the board wants. Mitchell beats Martin in every verified testing category.

Mitchell- 201 pounds, 4.65 40, 4.25 SS, 34.6" VJ, 41' Powerball throw, 104.94 SPARQ.

Martin- 195 pounds, 4.76 40, 4.32 SS, 31" VJ.

Mitchell is bigger, faster, jumps better (explosion). In fact, Mitchell tests like an extremely athletic player.
A 4.65 is a lot better than what’s Kenny Mac ran and this board was in shambles when he chose UGA. Moral of the story: you can’t please CIS, ever.

Advertisement
Back