Jalen Merrick

wouldn't be surprised if we get verbals from this guy and Strowbridge tomorrow.

Advertisement
We should be in line for some possibles. For '15 Milo, Merrick and Strowbridge. For '16 Pinder, Bethel and Wright.

Tomorrow could be filled with a lot of positive news.

Last edited:
We should be in line for some possibles. For '15 Milo, Merrick and Strowbridge. For '16 Pinder, Mullins, Bethel and Wright.

you mean Mullen?

We should be in line for some possibles. For '15 Milo, Merrick and Strowbridge. For '16 Pinder, Mullins, Bethel and Wright.

you mean Mullen?

My mistake. No, not Mullen. I was thinking Mullins cause his teammate is Wright. Brain fart on my part. Pinder, Bethel and Wright, maybe Johnson for '16.

Advertisement
http://florida.247sports.com/Article/4-star-OL-Jalen-Merrick-is-delaying-his-decision-30412258

Update on him, for some reason he'll push his decision back. We need a summary!!

- Wants to take OV's learn more about the schools he Ov's
- on OV's; “I definitely say Florida, Miami, Florida State and Alabama and just play the fifth one out by ear.”
- Miami recruiting him hardest
- On Miami;“Everything there is like family,” Merrick said of Miami. “I know a lot of people keep saying I have family ties there with my dad. Really, they just preach to me. I talk to every single one of their coaches, that just tells me how big a part of the program I am to them and that means a lot to me.”
- On early PT at Miami; “Since they are lacking depth, I know I would have a good chance to play,” he said. “I believe right now they have one of my friends that I played against in the spring game, Kc McDermott, he has a chance to start at right tackle along with Tevor Darling, so I know they are playing young guys.”
- Talks to coach Trickett from FSU, says they want him etc
- On FSU visit; “Just really how coach Trickett coached. As I know, me and Abdul [Bello], since we haven’t been playing that long, one of the thing that stuck out to both us is we know he’s going to push us hard in a way some people are not going to like with his tough coaching style. Really, I can see the way he coaches can really help me out a lot in the future.”
- On Floridas FNL camp;“It’s always good going to the Swamp just to have coach Summers coach. He has a really calm personality. On Friday Night Lights visit I got to talk to a lot of players like [Trip] Thurman, Trenton Brown, Chaz Green. They were just telling me things they really liked or didn’t like about Florida and the direction of the program was heading.”
- LSU is in contention likes them.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/4-star-OL-Jalen-Merrick-is-delaying-his-decision-30412258

Update on him, for some reason he'll push his decision back. We need a summary!!

- on OV's; “I definitely say Florida, Miami, Florida State and Alabama and just play the fifth one out by ear.”
- On Miami;“Everything there is like family,” Merrick said of Miami. “I know a lot of people keep saying I have family ties there with my dad. Really, they just preach to me. I talk to every single one of their coaches, that just tells me how big a part of the program I am to them and that means a lot to me.”
- On early PT at Miami; “Since they are lacking depth, I know I would have a good chance to play,” he said. “I believe right now they have one of my friends that I played against in the spring game, Kc McDermott, he has a chance to start at right tackle along with Tevor Darling, so I know they are playing young guys.”
- On FSU visit; “Just really how coach Trickett coached. As I know, me and Abdul [Bello], since we haven’t been playing that long, one of the thing that stuck out to both us is we know he’s going to push us hard in a way some people are not going to like with his tough coaching style. Really, I can see the way he coaches can really help me out a lot in the future.”
- On Floridas FNL camp;“It’s always good going to the Swamp just to have coach Summers coach. He has a really calm personality. On Friday Night Lights visit I got to talk to a lot of players like [Trip] Thurman, Trenton Brown, Chaz Green. They were just telling me things they really liked or didn’t like about Florida and the direction of the program was heading.”

Ok, even though I got this from the UF website it looks really like this was either heavy UM biased questions or we're in the lead for sure

Ok, even though I got this from the UF website it looks really like this was either heavy UM biased questions or we're in the lead for sure

i thought that too very pro UM for a Gator site.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back