Jalen Hurts visiting Sunday

Advertisement
Needs to be soon because classes start tomorrow. I don't have sources but I don't think he leaves Miami after landing today.

i agree but i think he has more than tom to enroll man. add drop lasts through the week (and i believe next) and there is also late registration

Maryland plays Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn St. Hurts would play in higher profile games at Maryland. That being said I think Hurts goal has to be to drive up his draft stock and not necessarily win the conference or make the playoffs. I think Miami is his best spot because we have more talent on offense and he gets to work with someone that developed him. Both Miami and Maryland can build their offense around him but only Miami will have the same guy coaching him at practice.
It takes two teams to be a higher profile game. Maryland in the mix vs those three does not equate to higher profile. Miami schedule next year isn’t awesome but by definition Florida, FSU and VT are high profile year in and year out. For osu and penn st, Maryland is like our game against a wake or duke, may not be very high profile unless they are good that year.

Last edited:
It takes two teams to be a higher profile game. Maryland in the mix doh those three does not equate to higher profile. Miami schedule next year isn’t awesome but by definition Florida, FSU and VT are high profile year in and year out. For osu and penn st, Maryland is like our game against a wake or duke, may not be very high profile unless they are good that year.
plus Maryland don’t really have the talent to ensure a great season to beat those teams for hurts outside of Anthony McFarland and he plays running back not receiver. Miami May have few marquee games next season but if Miami gets rolling everyone notices it

Advertisement
It takes two teams to be a higher profile game. Maryland in the mix doh those three does not equate to higher profile. Miami schedule next year isn’t awesome but by definition Florida, FSU and VT are high profile year in and year out. For osu and penn st, Maryland is like our game against a wake or duke, may not be very high profile unless they are good that year.

this. marylands OSU, UMich games will be at noon with 17 people in the stands if the games at home (believe its at OSU this year). miami offers the bigger draw for all games. just looking at the current schedule, we have two sure fire big time games (FSU, UF regardless of records) and VT (based on records)

this. marylands OSU, UMich games will be at noon with 17 people in the stands if the games at home (believe its at OSU this year). miami offers the bigger draw for all games. just looking at the current schedule, we have two sure fire big time games (FSU, UF regardless of records) and VT (based on records)
Like you said Miami plays a highly likely top 10 uf team opening game, FSU(no matter what will always be a hyped game), va tech and potentially Clemson so the start power is definitely there

His former OC is at Maryland so easy to say that he knows that system as well.
Ah, I didn’t realize that. Well that makes a little more sense, but still...choosing Miami over Maryland seems like a pretty easy decision to me unless he didn’t really like Enos.

Advertisement
Not sure why people on here think Jalen is the solution to our offensive woes. I would NEVER guarantee him a starting QB position make sure he has to earn it. Was NEVER impressed with his skill set considering he was behind the best offensive line in the county coupled with incredible backs and receivers. The kid simply cannot not throw the football downfield. If we are going to open it up that's not the type of QB we need. He has lots of trouble throwing the ball on the run and his accuracy is suspect to say the least. GIVE ALL PLAYERS AN EQUAL CHANCE but I don't see a lot of upside. He is a winner but was surrounded with the best athletes in the county which is not the case here.

Needs to be soon because classes start tomorrow. I don't have sources but I don't think he leaves Miami after landing today.

he has time still, last day for registration is the 23rd.

1547396185727.png

Advertisement
Not sure why people on here think Jalen is the solution to our offensive woes. I would NEVER guarantee him a starting QB position make sure he has to earn it. Was NEVER impressed with his skill set considering he was behind the best offensive line in the county coupled with incredible backs and receivers. The kid simply cannot not throw the football downfield. If we are going to open it up that's not the type of QB we need. He has lots of trouble throwing the ball on the run and his accuracy is suspect to say the least. GIVE ALL PLAYERS AN EQUAL CHANCE but I don't see a lot of upside. He is a winner but was surrounded with the best athletes in the county which is not the case here.
You never promise anyone a job, but he adds some much needed experience and maturity into the quarterback room.

And if we’re going off last year, he’s clearly the best player of the bunch.

I’m not saying he can’t be beat out, but why would you not want to bring him in for competition sake? Competition breeds success.

Last edited:
So you are saying Hurts got pulled in favor of the runner up Heisman candidate? That’s not really a reason to not want the guy. We need a non freshman who can come in and lead this team and offense next year. Who do you think is a better target than Hurts?
Never said i didnt want him

Advertisement
He wasn't good enough as a passer and thats why they went to tua. Easy to have a high completion percentage when you run as much as he did and throwing short passes.
Maybe they went with tua because he was the top rated QB and was better. I do think that is an indictment on hurts.

he has time still, last day for registration is the 23rd.

View attachment 76177

We'll know for sure within the next week....I'd expect by mid-week if I was betting. Remember, Miami is a private school and is usually a little bit later. I don't care enough to look up OU's and Maryland's schedules, but I'd guess neither of them are later than 1/23 for a final registration date and most likely are at least a few days earlier. If he wanted to go to Maryland or OU, he'd have to probably enroll sometime this week.

I just hope he doesn’t make a rash decision and decide on Maryland without coming here.

Our trophy case and alumni make Maryland look like a program full of cat turds. I think the opportunity to be in the spotlight again is higher here and he’ll hopefully see that. The Canes give him the best opportunity at a redemption season that’ll have him in the public eye.

A good Miami team is a national story.
Maryland is a basketball school with a *** turtle.

This guy gets it.

Advertisement
Back