Jaleel Skinner

Have you watched a game this season? Are you familiar with the game of football? Did this seem like a good reply when you sat down to type it?

I guess we disagree on the level of importance that we give to how we are using Skinner and how much it is actually affecting the offense. But hey no need to be a d1ck about it but then again what would you have it if wasn't being a d1ck in a website.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I guess we disagree on the level of importance that we give to how we are using Skinner. But hey no need to be a d1ck about it but then again what would you have it if wasn't being a d1ck in a website.
Skinner's usage wasn't the point you made. You attempted to justify by comparing to USC. You left out the fact that they have a better running back. Better WRs and a much much better QB. We needed the TE on Saturday.

Advertisement
I expect he will thrive dropping those
He had 2 drops in his entire Miami career, but whatever helps you cope at night.

Now for the blocking…yeah, he’s not built for that. But someone will use him properly. Doesn’t take a mad scientist to see his a matchup nightmare against LBs

He had 2 drops in his entire Miami career, but whatever helps you cope at night.

Now for the blocking…yeah, he’s not built for that. But someone will use him properly. Doesn’t take a mad scientist to see his a matchup nightmare against LBs
I think he had more than two but I really don’t give a **** about the guy anymore since he is not a cane.

Advertisement
**** is wrong with you? I am pointing out the guy has butter fingers. I care cause of what could’ve been
I should just leave this alone but I guess I’ll walk you through the steps…

All I said was that he’s a good pass-catcher and will land at a big-time school that wants to take advantage of those skill sets.

You then responded that he’s a drop machine, for which I provided context he’s really not, he’s just not what Mario is looking for in a TE.

You then said you don’t give af. I calmly said you clearly do if you’re going out of your way to **** on a former Cane that’s handled this whole doghouse thing with nothing but class. He’s been cheering on the sidelines when his teammates do well **** near every time I see him on camera or at a game.

Then you got upset.

Basically it.

Last edited:
**** is wrong with you? I am pointing out the guy has butter fingers. I care cause of what could’ve been

He actually doesn’t. He dropped 2 of 12 catchable passes from 2022-3, on 17 targets. Colbie Young dropped 3 catchable passes in 2022, alone, on 35 targets.

The fact is Skinner wasn’t a priority in the offense that we now run. Gattis did a better job in showcasing TEs. To highlight this point not only was Mallory our leading receiver, but Mallory + Skinner, alone, combined for 51 rec. 667 yrds (13 ypc) & 4 TDs. To contrast, under the new scheme, our entire TE room combined for 17 rec. 141 yrds (8.3 ypc) & 1 TD.

Skinner, Arroyo, or any TE that want to be featured in the pass game do not fit in this new system. Our TEs have now been relegated to glorified OLmen, which doesn’t fit Skinner’s skill set. It’s best he moved on as the philosophy has now changed. By all accounts, despite being a highly rated TE sitting on the bench, buddy was one of the first ones off the bench congratulating his teammates, keeping a smile on his face and a positive attitude.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He actually doesn’t. He dropped 2 of 12 catchable passes from 2022-3, on 17 targets. Colbie Young dropped 3 catchable passes in 2022, alone, on 35 targets.

The fact is Skinner wasn’t a priority in the offense that we now run. Gattis did a better job in showcasing TEs. To highlight this point not only was Mallory our leading receiver, but Mallory + Skinner, alone, combined for 51 rec. 667 yrds (13 ypc) & 4 TDs. To contrast, under the new scheme, our entire TE room combined for 17 rec. 141 yrds (8.3 ypc) & 1 TD.

Skinner, Arroyo, or any TE that want to be featured in the pass game do not fit in this new system. Our TEs have now been relegated to glorified OLmen, which doesn’t fit Skinner’s skill set. It’s best he moved on as the philosophy has now changed. By all accounts, despite being a highly rated TE sitting on the bench, buddy was one of the first ones off the bench congratulating his teammates, keeping a smile on his face and a positive attitude.
Skinner, Ladson, and Mooyoung were players that got no pt that got air time celebrating with teammates.

He’ll thrive somewhere as a pass-catcher. I expect him to land at a big-time school.
Will he? He struggled to catch the ball consistently as a freshman and was too light to play in-line as TE. Always liked him as a prospect but may be a tweener who isn’t explosive enough to be a big wideout and big enough to be a full time te.

If we only use tight ends to block, why’d we bring in Williams and the lacrosse kid? I don’t think we used them bc (a:they weren’t ready, b:they were injured.). Could be totally wrong though.

Advertisement
Skinner, Arroyo, or any TE that want to be featured in the pass game do not fit in this new system. Our TEs have now been relegated to glorified OLmen, which doesn’t fit Skinner’s skill set. It’s best he moved on as the philosophy has now changed.

Too early to speak with finality on the tight ends. I agree it doesn't appear to be a HUGE part of the offense. But that's about the extent we can say with certainty. But with an offseason and Cristobal's penchant for recruiting and coaching the position and the fact that Houston had a TE catch 37 balls in 2021, I think maybe we can expect more moving forward.

Will you have to block your *** off as well to play the position? Yes, of course…But I could see more production receiving from Riley Williams with a year under his belt, Lofton, etc...

Let's just say I'd take over 141 yards for my EYES…And honestly I'd probably take over 350 as well.

If we only use tight ends to block, why’d we bring in Williams and the lacrosse kid? I don’t think we used them bc (a:they weren’t ready, b:they were injured.). Could be totally wrong though.
i was expecting more play action off the te motioning into the edge to block. Don’t think Cam is that guy and honestly thought Williams was blocking better that him at the end of the season. Will be nice to see Williams progress this off-season and be used on more seam routes.

Mario's intent with TEs:

- Must block #1
- Must be able to catch in-traffic #2

I don't get the sense he is big on "gazelle like" TEs. It isn't good/bad, just doesn't fit FYZICAL approach to ball.

And as we all know, if you can't handle FYZICAL ball, there are other teams and sports to be fans of.

Perhaps women's synchronized swimming is more what your monthly changing hormonal levels can handle and appreciate.

Too early to speak with finality on the tight ends. I agree it doesn't appear to be a HUGE part of the offense. But that's about the extent we can say with certainty. But with an offseason and Cristobal's penchant for recruiting and coaching the position and the fact that Houston had a TE catch 37 balls in 2021, I think maybe we can expect more moving forward.

Will you have to block your *** off as well to play the position? Yes, of course…But I could see more production receiving from Riley Williams with a year under his belt, Lofton, etc...

Let's just say I'd take over 141 yards for my EYES…And honestly I'd probably take over 350 as well.

Ya’ll gotta make up ur minds; is Cristobal running the offense or Dawson? B/c every time there’s a fck up it’s on Dawson, but now Cristobal has this penchant.

Dawson has NEVER used TEs in his offense, so which one is it? Also, U’re acting as Cristobal has this glowing report of utilizing TEs. His most usage of a TE came in 2019 w/ Breland. Other than that, they’ve been pedestrian at UO, too.

Advertisement
Back