Jake to the portal

Everyone saying he's the worst QB ever here, clearly slept through the Kirby Freeman/NC State game in 2007
Kirby Freeman is the worst QB we have had in my lifetime but i will forever be grateful to him for winning that 2007 game at FSU.

Let's see if big bad TVD can ever say he beat FSU...

Advertisement
Kirby Freeman is the worst QB we have had in my lifetime but i will forever be grateful to him for winning that 2007 game at FSU.

Let's see if big bad TVD can ever say he beat FSU...
Freeman was 4-11 for 59 yards with 1 TD and 2 INT that game. I'm giving the rest of the team credit for not allowing him to lose the game for us.

My good friend went to an SMU booster event right after Lashlee got hired as HC. My friend, who is a massive Miami fan (and an alum), went to the event because his family member is a booster. Anyways, he came up to Lashlee congratulating him for being the new HC and told him that he’s a Miami fan. During this conversation, believe it or not, Lashlee told him that he would have started Garcia over TVD if Garcia had not gotten hurt in 2021.

I’m sure in the end that it worked out for him since TVD’s strong season boosted his coaching resume.

They were switching back and forth and were pretty even as I recall. I think the Garcia injury solidified TVD as the starter and there was really no pressure of anyone taking his spot. TVD did get off to a slow start until Lashlee figured out what offense suited him best.

They were switching back and forth and were pretty even as I recall. I think the Garcia injury solidified TVD as the starter and there was really no pressure of anyone taking his spot. TVD did get off to a slow start until Lashlee figured out what offense suited him best.
I mean it was his first career starts against FBS teams (UVA, UNC) and he was pretty inconsistent but he flashed some good throws. They still scored 28 and 42 points in those two games. It was just a matter of TVD getting comfortable and Lashlee trusting him more.

Advertisement
Freeman was 4-11 for 59 yards with 1 TD and 2 INT that game. I'm giving the rest of the team credit for not allowing him to lose the game for us.
This guy completed ONE pass on like 15 attempts against NC state that same season or the following season. I thought I would never say this but I would take Chris Rix over this guy.

Went back to watch the end of that game. He was DESTROYED by two defenders that sandwiched him as he threw a perfect pass to Epps in the end zone. He was terrible but that was an amazingly clutch play (and drive).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back