Jake to the portal

Advertisement
To me when a kid is constantly transferring schools in HS that is a warning flag. At the very least it points to someone who might not stick around when things get rough. Not always the case as there can be reasons for it but definitely gives me pause.
I do agree as to that being the general rule but if I recall he wasnt like your So.Fla. mercenary.... Wasnt it he was in Cali, they cancelled HS football for 2020 so his parents got paper divorced so he could move to GA to play because GA had not cancelled the HS season. Dude was a top 50 recruit, he likely could have just chilled in Cali, trained, and still had his pick of any school but the dude wanted to play. He gets to Valdosta maybe? They rule him ineligible due to the trick/loophole his parents tried then he went to Grayson to play and be eligible. To me, that was just a kid who wanted to ball. Not taking his ball and going home because that team is better, or dad didnt like the coach, or he was not a guaranteed starter or whatever.

I do agree as to that being the general rule but if I recall he wasnt like your So.Fla. mercenary.... Wasnt it he was in Cali, they cancelled HS football for 2020 so his parents got paper divorced so he could move to GA to play because GA had not cancelled the HS season. Dude was a top 50 recruit, he likely could have just chilled in Cali, trained, and still had his pick of any school but the dude wanted to play. He gets to Valdosta maybe? They rule him ineligible due to the trick/loophole his parents tried then he went to Grayson to play and be eligible. To me, that was just a kid who wanted to ball. Not taking his ball and going home because that team is better, or dad didnt like the coach, or he was not a guaranteed starter or whatever.
I believe there was a transfer from 1 CA school to another as well in there.

I believe there was a transfer from 1 CA school to another as well in there.
I am unsure about that but even taking that as true IDK if I would consider that to be a red flag. People will look at the "he went to 4 HS" with a broad brush. If only one was a legit transfer (and say it was for a dumb reason like dad didnt like the coach) I would not necessarily see that as a red flag as 3 transfers seem completely understandable and the kid was just trying to play.

Advertisement
He went 15-31 with 125 yards against one of the worst teams in the league last year. 125 yards on 31 attempts.....

He is terrible.
And that wouldā€™ve been enough to win us the game if heā€™d started from the jumpā€¦

with different coaches all or our QBs wouldā€™ve looked a lot better last year.

He was a$$ Cheecks most of the year though for sure

Jake never threw over 200yds in a game, never had more than 2 TDā€™s in a game & never completed over 63% of his passes, with a barely a 1;1 TD-INT ratio

What are these ā€œflashesā€œ yall keep referring to?

I donā€™t remember a single good game from him against a FBS opponent.

One thing about this fanbase, yall will fall in love with some unproven mediocre players boy I swear smh lol

Shoot, a completed pass last year was a flash. The offense was that bad. He also got dumped into some tough spots, much like most backups do.

****, yards per completion TVD led the charge at 7.3. 7.0 and 5.1 respectively for Jake and Brown. They were all bad last year, but then again they weren't put into a position to succeed.

Advertisement
And that wouldā€™ve been enough to win us the game if heā€™d started from the jumpā€¦

with different coaches all or our QBs wouldā€™ve looked a lot better last year.

He was a$$ Cheecks most of the year though for sure
What are you talking about?

Jake never threw over 200yds in a game, never had more than 2 TDā€™s in a game & never completed over 63% of his passes, with a barely a 1;1 TD-INT ratio

One thing about this fanbase, yall will fall in love with some unproven mediocre players boy I swear smh lol
You didn't see that 40-yard backside fade he threw for a "TD" in the Spring game where he held the ball too long and would've been sacked?

You're a fool not to have also crowned him and stated he was best since Dorsey.

You're definitely one of the best poRsters on this site for sure.

:cool:

He was horrific last year. Was shocked to see it as well since he seemed like a kid who was calm under pressure.

In his first game and against MTSU.

No need to **** on the kid. It should be a crime what our coaching staff did last year to all the QBs on the roster
Lol im not ****tin on him its the truth, i said that mtsu game was overhyped then and it still is everyone was just ****ed off at tvd. Nothing he did showed ā€œpromiseā€ to he a starter here. Staff was terrible but heā€™s not good enough

Advertisement
ā€œShowed promiseā€ when? In spring games,scrimmages and practice clips? Yall will never learn huh lol
CIS:

Dimension 20 Squak GIF by Dropout.tv

He would never play at SMU.
My good friend went to an SMU booster event right after Lashlee got hired as HC. My friend, who is a massive Miami fan (and an alum), went to the event because his family member is a booster. Anyways, he came up to Lashlee congratulating him for being the new HC and told him that heā€™s a Miami fan. During this conversation, believe it or not, Lashlee told him that he would have started Garcia over TVD if Garcia had not gotten hurt in 2021.

Iā€™m sure in the end that it worked out for him since TVDā€™s strong season boosted his coaching resume.

Advertisement

That one throw in the Duke game is seared into my brain.

My good friend went to an SMU booster event right after Lashlee got hired as HC. My friend, who is a massive Miami fan (and an alum), went to the event because his family member is a booster. Anyways, he came up to Lashlee congratulating him for being the new HC and told him that heā€™s a Miami fan. During this conversation, believe it or not, Lashlee told him that he would have started Garcia over TVD if Garcia had not gotten hurt in 2021.

Iā€™m sure in the end that it worked out for him since TVDā€™s strong season boosted his coaching resume.
This is true but it was more to it than that. Garcia was a ā€œgroupā€ decision not necessarily his pick per se

This is true but it was more to it than that. Garcia was a ā€œgroupā€ decision not necessarily his pick per se
because the team was going to rally around Jake more than TVD? Also guessing Jake's confidence has just been shaken since then because he looks out of his depth anytime anywhere he gets snaps

Advertisement
Back