Jake to the portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good for both parties, Jake gets a fresh start and we get an opening for a better backup via portal
I don't understand your logic.

Why would a QB leave his current school (most likely due to a lack of playing time) to come to Miami to sit on the bench as a backup?

Advertisement
I don't understand your logic.

Why would a QB leave his current school (most likely due to a lack of playing time) to come to Miami to sit on the bench as a backup?
The thing is Garcia is eyeing for a job rn, we don’t need one rn. We need one to compete next year with Jacurri. So hopefully we can get someone hopefully a year younger and hopefully someone that hasn’t been tainted by Gattis lol

Advertisement
hes close with Jesse stone
1674140951339.png

Advertisement
If he gets injured? Dude is injured all the time
He is? He got injured last year when his OL fell apart. He came back before he was ready because we were desperate. But I don't remember him being injured the year before. That was D'Eriq King who got reinjured.

It seems like forever that King was our QB but it was only last year.

If Jake goes to App State, then it will be reasonable to conclude that he gets along well with Ponce.

We shall see. Gaytor FANS seem to be interested. Not sure what Slingblade Billy thinks.
Billy needs to check with the Gator Collective - if their phone hasn’t been disconnected!! No recruit will want to hear anything from E. Rojas.

Factor this in also, Mario is really trying to upgrade our talent at EVERY position. He knows when a QB has it and when they don't at this level. Does anyone really think that if Mario and ZO thought Jake was QB1 material for the U that they would let him walk? There is no way in ****. We let him transfer because the powers that be didn't think he was good enough. Mario is a great recruiter. He would have talked Garcia into staying if he felt that he could take over next year and get us back to where we need to be.
I don't think the transfer portal works that way. Since this is Jake's first transfer, he gets a one-time transfer without having to wait a year.

There's nothing UM can do except throw NIL at him, and he hope stays. That may work once but at some point, these kids want to see the field.

Advertisement
Back